• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Infinite Arrows/Bombs???

If you watched E3 this year, when Miyamoto was showing the different items, there wasn't any number of bombs/arrows that Link had left displayed on the screen. Do you think that Link will have an infinite number of bombs/arrows, or was it just for the demo?

S

StankyFart

it should be infinite. Its too much of a hassle getting more bombs/arrows.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I hope it's going to be infinite. The recent Zelda games just throw bombs and arrows at you at every opportunity, you don't even need to buy them because every enemy drops them, or you find them in chests. There's no point in having a limit if you never run out of them to begin with. This will mean that we don't get any more useless quiver and bomb bag upgrades from sidequests, thank Din.

Of course, if there is a limit, I hope that enemies won't drop them so frequently so we actually have something to spend our hordes of rupees on.

Diablo

King of Redeads
Definitely just the demo people our coming the demo to play the game not pick up items.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I'm guessing that it was just for the sake of the demo. The wireless interference with controls was enough of a huge buzzkill. Could you imagine if they actually had to stop halfway through the demo and spend 5 minutes throwing rocks and cutting up grass in search of bombs and arrows? That'd be even worse.

Kybyrian

They won't be infinite in the final game, surely, but after reading Linkbeck1000's post, I have something else to say.

They should have more of a limit to how the enemies keep dropping bombs and arrows and such, it seems that everywhere you go that you need some in you're always getting 10 bombs for every 3 you use. I just recently played through Ocarina of Time again and there were actually moments where I had to leave a dungeon just to buy bombs/arrows so I could beat the dungeon. It would be nice to see an actual challenge to keeping the number of your bombs/arrows up, then maybe I'd have something to spend my few thousand rupees on, unlike in TWW.

T

Twilight_Prince

good point, link usually has so many bombs that he wouldnt be let in any hotel, y do u even need a bomb bag

Y r u complainin about it being infinate if u have enough anyway

They should have more of a limit to how the enemies keep dropping bombs and arrows and such, it seems that everywhere you go that you need some in you're always getting 10 bombs for every 3 you use. I just recently played through Ocarina of Time again and there were actually moments where I had to leave a dungeon just to buy bombs/arrows so I could beat the dungeon. It would be nice to see an actual challenge to keeping the number of your bombs/arrows up, then maybe I'd have something to spend my few thousand rupees on, unlike in TWW.

I don't know about the GameCube version of TP, but in the Wii version that I'm currently playing, I actually got relieved after I got an extra bomb bag and a bigger quiver. I just kept running low on bombs and arrows on the beggining. Grass patches almost never dropped extra arrows, and absolutely NEVER dropped bombs.

Kybyrian

I don't know about the GameCube version of TP, but in the Wii version that I'm currently playing, I actually got relieved after I got an extra bomb bag and a bigger quiver. I just kept running low on bombs and arrows on the beggining. Grass patches almost never dropped extra arrows, and absolutely NEVER dropped bombs.

I'm not too sure about TP, as it's been quite a while since I've played it, and I've only played through it a couple times since the release. I know that in TWW it was incredibly easy to stay stocked up on bombs and arrows. Especially when they give you the stock upgrade of 99. Seriously, 99. I'm not sure for arrows, but there was one for bombs. They seem to also give you bigger quiver/bomb bag upgrades now than what they used to.

Also, I seem to remember getting arrows and bombs pretty easily throughout dungeons in TP, do you think it was from enemies or that I just got lucky from pots/grass? Rhetorical question. by the way.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I think it was just for the demo but I would love to see it come true.

I never run out of bombs or arrows these days (I only have ST), but I used to get extremely peeved when I only had 10 arrows. Especially fighting Cragma got on my nerves - I had to keep getting grabbed so I could go get some more!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom