• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Maria nightkills are permadeath

I don't know who Maria is, but she sounds scary. ;)

I'd like to know as well because I think this game is stacked against Mafia as it is.

Well at least we know that the mafia's nk doesn't just send a player back. So unless we send some people back, or we all go back, then whoever's lynched today will be by themselves. So maybe it would be best for the dreamer to suicide, because if we send scum back and just have a few people suicide, then the other scum could suicide as well. So it'll probably be better to keep everyone together so we at least know where all the scum are, instead of being on different levels looking for scum that might not even be there.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Thanks for the clarification once again, Deku.
Based on this, I think it's the Mafia's goal to nightkill a Dreamer and send us back to the real world to prevent us from reaching DS3. Otherwise, we would reach it quite easily. Some things come to my mind:

1) We could No Lynch and keep moving until we all reach DS3. Obviously, the problem with this is that if the Dreamer comes out or if the Mafia manage to hit a Dreamer during the night, we all get sent back to the real world.

2) We could Lynch and nominate (not one, but) two people to suicide and join the lynchee. We try to find other scum in our DS group until results are announced. If DS hits scum, we vote for a No Lynch. If DS hits town, we have the Dreamer reveal themselves and commit suicide, sending us all back to the real world to discuss what happened and why. This is the plan I'm most comfortable with, obviously.
Addressing this:
So maybe it would be best for the dreamer to suicide, because if we send scum back and just have a few people suicide, then the other scum could suicide as well. So it'll probably be better to keep everyone together so we at least know where all the scum are, instead of being on different levels looking for scum that might not even be there.
The "stick together" mindset does sound safe (albeit overrated, but that's just imo). However, I don't think the GM would keep all the Day results exclusive to the discussions that brought forth them (i.e. Only the players in the real world know the lynchee's alignment, so players in a DS would have to suicide to hear the results. That doesn't make much sense in my mind.).

3) We could have the Dreamer Suicide right now send us back to the real world. I'm not comfortable with this option because it seems like something the Mafia would want. Think about it: the discussion in the real world occurs, and we end up voting a Townie. Then afterwards, Mafia nightkills and hit another Townie. That's two deaths already. "There's always the risk of that happening, anyway, blah blah blah." There's only two scum left right now, and I'd imagine they're in quite the bind due to losing a scumbud right on D1. We talked about inactives being scum due to the Storma lynch (including me, of course), but in the chance that one of the scum is actually a player active in Day discussions, they would want to go to the real world and try to lynch a Townie from there. Mafia do not benefit much from entering Dreamscapes because their goal isn't to make it to DS3: it's to reach parity with Town.
Inception Rule #1 said:
It is the goal of the town to either kill all the mafia or reach the third dreamscape. It is the goal of the mafia to reach parity before either of those goals are met.
Tbh, it's still a bit stacked against Mafia imo, even with the ability to permakill players in Dreamscapes.

So yeah, these are the three options that come to my mind.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
We should commit to whichever strategy we go with. If the dreamer doesn't suicide today before the lynch, our lynch doesn't kill and our best shot is going for the third layer. If the dreamer does suicide, we should commit to playing this as a standard mafia game.

In fact, there's very little reason to lynch someone unless we're in the real world (unless there are abilities that change that fact).

D

Deleted member 14134

You’ve decided we’ll go through with the lynch today and head to DS2 before using the suicide plan? Did you want to do that cause Minish wanted it or was that always your idea?
I was under the impression that she knew something we didn't. Now it doesn't look like that's the case.
We could have the Dreamer Suicide right now send us back to the real world. I'm not comfortable with this option because it seems like something the Mafia would want. Think about it: the discussion in the real world occurs, and we end up voting a Townie. Then afterwards, Mafia nightkills and hit another Townie. That's two deaths already.
Why would the mafia want that? As far as we know they can kill us in dreams but we can't kill them so I imagine the mafia wants to play in the field that gives them some safety. What your suggesting is the same as saying don't lynch people at all in a normal game because you might hit a townie. Lynches are how we kill mafia and there's a good chance that we'll hit a town or two throughout the game but we can't win without them (unless we decide to no lynch our way to ds3 which i think is a bad idea).

@Rubik Which path do you prefer?

@Doc @karu @Domozilla777 @Ayano Keiko @Ragnarokio please post

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Please tell me you were being sarcastic about my lack of AA gifs being a scumtell.
Yeah, that was just a joke.

Can you perhaps elaborate on this more? Unless this feeling is just the sexual tension between us I can't really respond to "a feeling."
:right:
I'm not expecting you to respond to "the feeling" because, like I said, it's all just a feeling that doesn't logically make sense. Which is why I am no way advocating you be lynched or anything. Not even trying to draw suspicion from others.

As for not wanting us all to suicide and remain in the real world, I think that reaching DS3 is the best route to a town win. As far as we know, the only means the mafia has to prevent us from reaching DS3 is killing dreamers. I was also in the frame of mind earlier that if town has vigilante with similar NK rules as maf, they'd be able to kill off today's lynch. But I just realized that any potential vigilante would be deeper in the dream than a lynchee and therefore unable to target them. If I understood the rules correctly.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I prefer starting in the real world because it's a standard mafia game.

Both are probably viable since we lynched scum d1, though.

Ryuken

Sorry about the gif. I've wanted to do this for so long. :sweat:
As for not wanting us all to suicide and remain in the real world, I think that reaching DS3 is the best route to a town win. As far as we know, the only means the mafia has to prevent us from reaching DS3 is killing dreamers. I was also in the frame of mind earlier that if town has vigilante with similar NK rules as maf, they'd be able to kill off today's lynch. But I just realized that any potential vigilante would be deeper in the dream than a lynchee and therefore unable to target them. If I understood the rules correctly.
tumblr_n1xdmgJDVa1ru6t2do2_500.gif

No, that's wrong.
Fires Inception Rule #13.
Inception Rule #13 said:
Nightkills can also happen on multiple Dreamscapes. Unlike with lynches, sedated players are allowed to be Nightkilled.
Nightkills can happen on multiple Dreamscapes no matter where everyone is at. I take it this also applies even if the lynchee is in the real world and the vigilante/Mafia are on DS1 or DS2. @DekuNut for clarification, a nightkiller can target a person in the real world to kill them, even if they're in a DS, correct?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman

No, that's wrong.

Nightkills can happen on multiple Dreamscapes no matter where everyone is at. I take it this also applies even if the lynchee is in the real world and the vigilante/Mafia are on DS1 or DS2. @DekuNut for clarification, a nightkiller can target a person in the real world to kill them, even if they're in a DS, correct?
The rules also say a lynch can happen on multiple Dreamscapes. I interpreted that rule as more than one nightkill is possible. The rule I was referring to was the one saying that even sedated players can be nightkilled. A sedated player does not exist on deeper dreamscapes.

Ryuken

The rules also say a lynch can happen on multiple Dreamscapes. I interpreted that rule as more than one nightkill is possible. The rule I was referring to was the one saying that even sedated players can be nightkilled. A sedated player does not exist on deeper dreamscapes.
Deku clarified on D1 about who sedated players are:
To fix some misinterpretations:
If we have players on DS1 and DS2 and the DS1 dreamer dies, both DS1 and DS2 collapse and all players return to the real world
Also, sedated players are simply players that are in a deeper dreamscape. If youre in DS1, anyone in DS2 is considered sedated.
This is what I took from that and the rules:
Sedated players cannot be lynched, only night-killed, based on those two rules. MEANING, players can only lynch a person that is on the SAME Dreamscape as them, while nightkills can be carried out on players in DIFFERENT dreamscapes.
Lynches CAN happen on multiple Dreamscapes if there are players IN those Dreamscapes. Nightkills can happen regardless of whether or not the nightkiller or target are on the same level. Therefore, I view nights here like nights in a Standard Mafia Game, where unless there is another killing role among Town, the Mafia has the ability to kill only ONE target each night.

Hoped that cleared up some things with your interpretation.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you

No, that's wrong.

The rule list was written and designed during the planning phase, and that rule was built around some other rules that were cut from the game. So just kinda ignore Rule 3 please, thatd be great :P

Ryuken

The rule list was written and designed during the planning phase, and that rule was built around some other rules that were cut from the game. So just kinda ignore Rule 3 please, thatd be great :P
Oh.... Okay...
Wait, when does today end again?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Vote Count:
Ayano Keiko (2):
Ryuken, Ragnarokio
Ryuken (3): Bok Chan Sama, Minish_Link, Doc
Domozilla777 (1): funnier6
karu (1): Rubik
Bok Chan Sama (1): Ryuken
Not Voting: Ayano Keiko, karu, Domozilla777

RYUKEN HAS BEEN LYNCHED.
You choose to end the life of Ryuken. However, you learn nothing from his bosy, and so begin the night

NIGHT 2 BEGINS
Night 2 ends at 8am PDT on Thursday, April 26, 2018

Player list coming soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom