• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

In the World of OoT?

Most of you have heard/read the quote from Aonuma saying that WW and TP take place in the "world of Ocarina of Time." So here's a very timeline relevant question for you.

"If WW and TP take place ine the world of OoT, does this mean that the other games take place in different worlds?"

Example:

World 1:
-----/--WW/PH--ST
OoT
-----\MM--TP

World 2:

MC--FS/FSA--ALttP/LA

World 3:

LoZ/AoL--OoX

These are just examples, but are pretty darn good ones.

What are you thoughts?

P.S.

--I know that there is a uniform timeline. This thought just crossed my mind when I was reading that quote from Aonuma. I don't personally believe this theory, but I think it has potential.

B

Bongo Bongo

interesing way to look at it. This definitely adds to the whole split timeline debate. Having 3 worlds makes for a very confusing timeline.
I have been developing my own timeline. It's quite a tough task to place a game in any one spot in the line.
At any rate, the games don't have to take place in different worlds. You could, in essence, have one linear timeline...but many facts negate the idea that one world exists.(thus the reason I said in essence)

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I think that you are taking this a little bit too seriously. By "in the world of OoT" he probably means that it was the same geographical spot.

B

Bongo Bongo

I think that you are taking this a little bit too seriously. By "in the world of OoT" he probably means that it was the same geographical spot.
and I'm allowed to take it as seriously as I want. I know what he meant, I was just expanding on what he proposed.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
It's an interesting idea but I think that it's best interpreted by meaning that both games take place in the shadow of OoT. Both games are distant sequels to OoT and everything in both games is related to events that happened in OoT or shortly after OoT. I think that's what he meant by "the same world."

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
It's an interesting idea but I think that it's best interpreted by meaning that both games take place in the shadow of OoT. Both games are distant sequels to OoT and everything in both games is related to events that happened in OoT or shortly after OoT. I think that's what he meant by "the same world."

Agreed. It's an interesting thought but Zemen125's explaination is most likely.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
He meant world as in time period.
The "World of OoT" as opposed to the "World of WW". Remember, the very next question in that interview was "And the Wind Waker?", with Aonuma showing that it takes place "parallel".

It wasn't meant to show multiple chronologies, but rather, the split timeline.

Agreed. It is pretty obvious, I think, that WW and TP take place in the same general era of OoT. Even though each happens roughly a hundred and some years later, things are happening not too distantly after OoT. The flood in WW was a result of events that took place during and after OoT, and so was Ganondorf's attempted execution, and having him sent to the Twilight Realm, which of course led to the things that take place in TP.

Depending on different timelines, there are other games that some believe are spawned off of OoT's storyline (such as those who believe OoT is the SW), such as ALttP. Though this is debatable, while the plots of WW and TP are proven. Also, ALttP obviously takes place long after OoT, and thus, the events of OoT do not directly affect what is going on in ALttP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom