• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

In OoT when Can You Get the Ice Arrows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zant

Friend of The Kaleesh
In the Twilight Realm...In the Twilight Palace
I heard, now i don't know if this is true, that you can get the before the walkthrough here at Zelda Dundeon says. I heeard that you can get them before the water temple so you can use them on Morpha to freeze the water and make it easier to kill it because it can't move. Does anyone know if that is true? Thanks!

I think it's impossible.
In order to get the ice arrows, you need to raise the water level.
To do that, you need to beat the water temple.
Unless you can find a video where somebody gets it before beating the water temple, I doubt you can do it.

EDIT: Sorry, this is about fire arrows.
Please read my next post.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
You CAN get them after the Fire Temple, but it is a major hassle to do so. You have to jump everything just right, and it's just more of a pain than most people want to deal with. I don't know about the freezing Morpha thing though, I've never bothered to get the Ice Arrows until I've at least gotten the Hover Boots.

zeldafreak said:
In order to get the ice arrows, you need to raise the water level.

That's the Fire Arrows.

Well, I guess there isn't much to add to the discussion but I will say this:

The ice arrows were way to difficult to obtain for my taste. I always get the fire arrows as soon as I can, but I think I got the ice arrows just one time. Even if I got them, I hardly ever use them. Freezing Morpha? I don't think you can do that. It would make the battle way to easy, and I think Morpha was designed to be pretty hard.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Hmm... This is interesting. You must have gone through a few dungeon, which I'm not sure of. You do need a series of Dungeon items, and I"ll continue to find a list of the ones you need in order to progress through Gerudo training grounds, which is found in Gerudo fortress, if you don't know.

I know that you need epona ot get to Gerudo fortress so that's checked off, and I"ll go and check to see what items you need in order to progress through the Dungeon.

Aha, you need the membership card to get into the Training grounds, which you need the longshot, whic you find in the water temple. But that still doesn't explain if you can get it before the fight of morpha, hmm I"ll check ZD;s guide to it.

Ok so you need the Bow,WE all know that you'll need a sword,you need the longshot(maybe even though hookshot), ya need the ocarina( if you wanna use the scarecorws song for help),you need the silver gauntlents, stop, can you possibly get the silver gauntlents before morpha?

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
mmm a little off topic here but...in the video it says 100% no cheating or something like that.....but he is young Link in the Gerudo training ground...how did he do that? I saw a video somewhere that shows how to get to Gerudo Fortress as young Link, but how did he get past the guards....?

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Thread moved to Game Help.

I usually never get the Ice Arrows when I play through OoT, but as Bellum said, you need the Silver Gauntlets in order to complete the Training Grounds. And I seriously don't know if you can beat the Spirit Temple before the Water Temple.

B

Borric

well it is obvious you get fire arrows after the water temple and you need your horse to get to gerudo valley which is where you get the ice

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well it is obvious you get fire arrows after the water temple and you need your horse to get to gerudo valley which is where you get the ice
what do mean obvious, if you're new to OoT, you may want the fire arrows and not know that beating the water temple is needed. The thing about Epona is correct thoug, well if you actually reconize the gate.

mmm a little off topic here but...in the video it says 100% no cheating or something like that.....but he is young Link in the Gerudo training ground...how did he do that? I saw a video somewhere that shows how to get to Gerudo Fortress as young Link, but how did he get past the guards....?

He jumped over the fence with a cucco. Somehow...
And I don't think the guards would bother throwing you out because you're not supposed to be there is a kid.
If you want to find out, watch the whole speed run.
It's pretty cool.

Caleb

Walkthrough Man
Bottom line for the Gerudo Training Grounds: You need 7 keys to get the Ice Arrows. There's 9 keys total.

You need one or two of the items from the temples in order to get each key. So for example, there's a room where you need the Iron Boots and Zora's Tunic (Ice Cavern) and there's a room where you merely need the Megaton Hammer (Fire Temple).

I did write the Gerudo Training Ground guide at the end of the walkthrough, because at that point we finally have all the items to go to every room. It is possible to get it a little earlier than that, but unless you know what you're doing, you'll probably have to do it several times before you succeed.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You don't necessarily need Epona to cross the gap. You can use the longshot. I finished OoT without getting Epona (of course I skipped the Biggoron sword quest because there you need Epona) and at Gerudo I simply used the longshot to cross the Bridge. But this means you must have been at the water Temple first otherwise you won't get the Longshot.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
well, i dont think you could freeze that much water at once, or if it was do-able but i think you could get them from the gerudo training grounds before you go in, but it would be very tricky....

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I would love to see how the water would look like if you indeed could freeze it :p I don't think it will work though. The water boss wasn't that hard to defeat but he isn't that stupid I hope :P :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom