• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds In-Game Shadow Links

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
I've noticed that sometimes a Shadow Link appears without a StreetPass and I know that I'm not the only one who noticed. It has a random name like Byll and it's player is "Shade". I'm wondering what triggers it. Anyone have any leads or ideas of what triggers it?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Weird, i have never seen this before, and ive logged at least 70 hours so far. Are you connected to public networks a lot. Cuz im connected to my home router just so updates are there when i check it in the morning, but ive never even used streetpass before, maybe thats why ive never seen it

Night Owl

~Momentai
The game has 3 pre-programmed shadow Links that you can fight, one for each level bronze, silver, and gold. (the game has no internet connectivity, so that is ruled out.)
They are probably there so everyone can have a chance to experience the shadow battles, even if they don't encounter anyone else.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
@Shadow Blade

I know right? we need to get on this and figure out if theres a way to get these "Bots" i hear about cuz i havent seen a single shadow link, and im almost done with my Hero Run!

@snakeoiltanker I've been looking but nothing has happened yet so I'll keep trying to get one to appear, I've started my hero run so maybe I'll see something then, it'll be slow going as I'm going for a Zero deaths run, the "bot" shadow links could also be exclusive to certain copy's of the game as a special bonus or something along those lines.

I just spent some time running around Hyrule and when I got to Kakariko for like the twelfth time what did I see but I sign in the streetpass area, I haven't streetpassed anyone, so I guess it's just matter of wondering around until a bot shadow link appears.

Last edited:

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
I Think I may have a lead on how to get a Shadow Link to appear. When it comes to going through a Lorule Dungeon, one Shadow Link usually appears after I've beaten it. So I think that you have to get a certain amount of monster kills to make one appear, but from what I can tell it has to be all done in that session. I could be wrong but it's the best I've got.

Found out how to get Shadow Links from Shade. It seems like they appear every 4 hours of continuos game play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom