• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler In Case Anyone Was Wondering What Link Looks Like Sprawled Dead on the Floor...

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
....he looks like this:

picture7xe.png

Hahaha~ you ok there Link? :P

If you want to see how exactly the death animation went, (and see how the fairy resurrection goes!) then watch the source video: (2:45 is the death)

[video=youtube;3Pml-6r40tU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pml-6r40tU[/video]

::EDIT:: Just to clarify, this topic is really supposed to be on the technique of Link's death and the animation for it....my comment on how the person was playing was supposed to be a mention in passing, it's not really supposed to be a discussion of that. So on-topic, I actually really liked how the fairy appeared and Link stood back up~ ^^

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Hihi, why are people who can't play Zelda are the only ones privileged enough to actually play it? Nintendo should let fans who love the series try the demo, and get feed back straight from the fans!

H

Huxley

This is an entirely new control scheme, I wouldn't be surprised if even veteran Zelda players aren't any good at it at first.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
I agree with Cuju, Amaterasu ,and Lupine, it's really unbeliveable that these people don't know hown to play zelda, let alone a wii motion plus, are alowed to play it. . . i wsh you could like buy the demo, or play it at game stop, although, then there'd be over a million people ther to play it. . .

don't be so quick to judge other people.you don't know how hard that fight is because you haven't done it yet. and just because someone may not be as good as you doesn't mean they can't play! anyone has the right to play any game. i mean how stuck up is that "you're not as good as me so you can't play." i mean come on people these people have never played this game before. these are new controls. i mean i could see getting mad if it was a professional sport like the NFL but it's not. everyone has the right to be at their own skill level. don't judge people!

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
don't be so quick to judge other people.you don't know how hard that fight is because you haven't done it yet. and just because someone may not be as good as you doesn't mean they can't play! anyone has the right to play any game. i mean how stuck up is that "you're not as good as me so you can't play." i mean come on people these people have never played this game before. these are new controls. i mean i could see getting mad if it was a professional sport like the NFL but it's not. everyone has the right to be at their own skill level. don't judge people!

Likewise, I believe you are too quick to judge what other people are saying. ^^

I think I should clarify something. There is certainly a learning curve in terms of the new control scheme centered around the WM+. However, a lot of people seem to be playing in a careless manner that cannot be excused by the new control scheme, which seems to suggest that they are not taking the game very seriously, and honestly don't seem to care one way or another in the way that many of us around here do; it is because of this that many of us get frustrated at the way they play and feel that there would be people more deserving to play the demos, who would be more respectable and serious about the way in which they approach playing the game. It does not mean anyone thinks that the people there "have no right to play," it is just people simply expressing their wish to have someone who could play more substantially; I do not think there is anything wrong with expressing that wish.

Please don't be offended by my saying this, but I think you should refrain from referring to other people's opinions as "stuck up" based on your impression of what they have said, as while you may not have realized this yourself, despite the fact that you are criticizing them for being judgmental, you yourself seem to be judging them equally as harshly as they might be judging the people demoing; do not forget that you're interpretation of what they are saying is as subjective as their impressions of how people have been playing the demos, and the way they express those impressions. Anyway, I totally mean this in a good way. I really hope this has helped you~ :)

::EDIT:: Just to clarify, this topic is really supposed to be on the technique of Link's death and the animation for it....my comment on how the person was playing was supposed to be a mention in passing, it's not really supposed to be a discussion of that. So on-topic, I actually really liked how the fairy appeared and Link stood back up~ ^^

Last edited:

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man

Well, shopy, I think you're right. It's no good to judge people like that, but on the other side, it's very hard to appreciate the game when the person playing it needs some skill polish.

I mean, we want to have a look at the game, but the person playing isn't good enough to know how it works. We never know how good the swordplay is because the person playing doesn't make it look good enough. Which can lead to the game itself looking bad. At least, that's what I've been told.

That said, I love to see people failing at Zelda! GameSpot's demo of OOT3D is one of my favorite demos ever!

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well, since the control scheme is different, and the 1:1 swordplay, I guess some people (who aren't experienced with WMP) will have difficulty.
Well anyway, back to the point, its a pretty good find Sarianae.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
That said, I love to see people failing at Zelda! GameSpot's demo of OOT3D is one of my favorite demos ever!

Is that the one where the person couldn't start the fight with Gohma because he couldn't remember or think to look up at the ceiling? xD Yeah that was pretty hilarious, though I felt kind of bad for the person playing.

Oh, and thanks Aero Dynamic~ :)

I'm happy they went with the traditional ALttP style fairy Resurrection, I did not like WW's fairy coming out of nowhere.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Dude that's scary. The guy was making Link run away and BAM Ghirahim appears. I like his death animation, it's very nice. Well, if death animation can be nice.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Is that the one where the person couldn't start the fight with Gohma because he couldn't remember or think to look up at the ceiling? xD Yeah that was pretty hilarious, though I felt kind of bad for the person playing.

Oh, and thanks Aero Dynamic~ :)

Yeah, the demo was hilarious, though, reading the insults in the comments always makes me feel bad for the guy. You gotta admit it's even worse than this one (at least he found the boss).

Back on topic: Aw, I though the actual Game Over screen would appear. I wanted to know what that one looked like. I still remember how bad I felt when Link died in Wind Waker (great Shakespeare-esque breathing, and drops to the ground, classy stuff).

Lupine

Sacred Beast

They have a right to play as much as everyone else, yes. I just found it humorous that, in some demo videos, they talk about how the controls for the swordplay are 1:1, yet they just flick their wrists around lol :P

Anyway, I think that the death animation is pretty nice ^^ it isn't the common "fall to your knees and faceplant."
But... he was lying down when he died, so they might have another animation for when he recieves the death blow while standing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom