• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Impulse Gaming

Beeker

Wild Card
I usually don't ever really buy a game on impulse. Usually, I'll look into a game to see what it's about and how good it is(and if it even interests me). If it's a game I know I want, I'll buy it as soon as I'm able to. If I'm still not sure, I'll see if I am able to rent it.

I like looking into things before I do them(though this doesn't always work XD)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Normally I research the game. And I really only buy from a series that I'm well acquainted with, which is why my game library mostly consists of Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, and Smash Bros. I can't remember the last time I rented a game, or even tried a new game out. I think it's because most recent games are the FPS genre, and they really don't click with me as much as they did a long time ago.

The one time I remember impulse buying was back when I got Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for the GBA. I hated that game with a passion, because I didn't understand a single thing. But then, I found Kingdom Hearts 1 for the PS2, and ever since then I appreciated that series just a little bit more. Okay...a lot more.

Moldorm

Is not Error
Well, I've done it again. I was wandering around Target to burn an hour before I had to teach a class and picked up Tiger Woods 12. I did absolutely ZERO research on this one and picked it up purely on impulse.

As it turns out, TW12 is a really good game. Of course, it helps to like golf a little. Otherwise, I'd imagine a person would get pretty bored playing it. I play the occasional game but don't like it much on TV. The single player is a lot of fun and allows you to jump right in to the experience. I haven't tried the harder modes, but they seem to increase the difficulty by taking away options that assist you in the easier modes. The PS3 store is closed right now, so I can't set up an account through EA for online stuff, which is a drag. When they bring it back up, I'll finish my registration and try some multiplayer. I've got some friends that play it, so that should be a good time.

Always fun to take a gamble! :)

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I never buy games impulsivly. First I look into reviews at least three of them so I can get multiple opinions. Afterwards I check out some videos of the game on youtube so I can see what the gameplay looks like and the graphics. If I decide I like it, I will save up some cash so I can buy it. The only time I buy a game impulsivly is if it is a Mario or Zelda game.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I remember buying a few games on impulse when I was 8 and again when I was 10 or 11. Beyond that, I've always done my research before I buy games.

The first time was when I was given 10 dollars for some reason, and decided to spend it at the used everything store. I had no clue what games were good or not, but I wanted to buy something just so it could be mine, so I bought Kirby's Dream Course and Gradius III. In the end I liked both, and in particular I have fond memories of playing Kirby's Dream Course with my siblings. (It's a Kirby themed Golfing game where Kirby is the ball. Strangely it's the only Kirby game I've ever played.)

The other time that I remember is when, for some reason I had a copy of Pokemon Ruby, (Got it as a gift or as a contest prize, I can't remember.) and since I didn't own a GBA and my parents definitely weren't going to get me one, I had to trade it in at the local Wal-Mart. I traded it for a Finding Nemo game, and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, which I loved. I thought the former would be a platformer, but it turned out to be more of an interactive storybook. I grew up with living books type games, but I had outgrown them by then and was disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom