• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Improving On The Upgrading System

Would You Like To See The Upgrade System in the next Zelda Game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Skyward Sword brought the item system. This was where you could upgrade your gear to make it better. It was a great idea but some say it could have been improved on. So tell us, would like to see the upgrade system in the next game and how would you improve it.

I'd like to see Link actually do the upgrading, with raw materials along with magic. Seems like it could make some interesting equipment.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I really liked the upgrade system. It was pretty efficient, although it definitely could have flowed a bit better with itself than it did (if that even makes sense). I can't really think of any ways to help improve it, but I expect it to be better next time around quite naturally, so I won't fret.

The upgrading system was a great move on Nintendos part. People sometimes want Zelda to take a turn towards an RPG style of gameplay and I think a lot of those people got it with the upgrading system while not tarnishing the classic Zelda feel of gampeplay we all know and love. I would personally love to see it in the new Zelda and I expect it will be from all the positive feedback Nintendo has gotten from it.

The only think I'd like Nintendo to change is to make it a requirement for some of the items to be upgraded. While upgrading items was nice, it wasn't in anyway needed to beat the game making collecting seem boring and uneventful. I remember needing to get two more tumbleweed to upgrade the Iron Bow to the Sacred Bow and I just had no incentive to do it since I knew I didn't have to. Making the upgrading system a neccesity would make treasure hunting more enjoyable and fulfilling as well as even making Zelda follow a more RPG style while still holding true to the classic feel.

MW7

Since Skyward Sword revolved around the forging of the sword they couldn't involve it in the upgrades so I think that's something they could do the next game. It wasn't necessarily bad, but I think the system could have been a little simpler. Maybe if there were less essential treasures for an upgrade or less treasures in general. Overall I thought the upgrade system was really great though.

K

Kprizzy

i loved the upgrading system. what i would like to see is upgrading links clothing as well as more clothing options in general. if they could combine the clothing selection in ocarina of time, the upgrading system form skyward sword, and the number of sidequests and extras in majoras mask, they could acheive a more rpg like feel and still keep it feeling like zelda. not to mention a badass game. i love collecting things in zelda games and it made me want to get one of every sheld and keep it organized in the item check while playing skyward sword.

I really enjoyed the upgrade system. I always enjoy watching Link become stronger and better equipped.

I would like it if upgrading items in future games added to their functions, and not just durability or strength. One of the things I enjoyed about SS was the way that some items were used in new and exciting ways.

I also like the idea of upgrading Link's clothes, though I would still want the option to change them back to their classic look. Maybe there could be some parts of his attire that could be swapped for different versions (e.g. belt, gauntlets) while most of it stays the same. Maybe even some small additions to his outfit such as rings, amulets, etc.

Also, I think all items should be upgradable at least once. I would have liked an upgraded gust bellows.

I really don't like how they handled the capacity upgrades, if only because you could hold a certain amount of them in your pouch. If they want to bring back the Adventure Pouch, fine, but if you have multiple seed satchels, quiver, or bomb bags, then there should be a way to combine the upgrades so that eight Large Bombs Bags become four Huge Bomb Bags, and so on. To prevent people from having absurd amounts of ammo, have the store be out of stock once you've bought enough.

Other than that, the upgrade system was fine, although there really is no reason to upgrade the shields to their best form, because they'll probably be outclassed before that happens.

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
i think it would awesome if they did put an upgrade system in the next zelda game, i love upgrade games....and i love zelda....perfect combo! :)

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
The only thing i think that could have been done differently is to have the hylian shield be available more ways than just Boss Rush.

The only thing i think that could have been done differently is to have the hylian shield be available more ways than just Boss Rush. The Sacred Bow is BO$$

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I really liked the upgrade system. It helped me work harder to earn special stuff other than just slicing grass to get more money. The system also helped give Hyrule more environment. It's not just some flat area of land with just random trees. It also has birds and bugs and other natural things that you don't really see in other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom