• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Improvements in SS Graphics in the GDC Trailer

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Nintendo themselves have stated that they have improved SS graphics after E3. Some of us may not have seen the improvement in the GDC trailer due to the poor camera quality, but after searching for a better quality trailer, I took some captures.
stg3.png

stg2.png

stg1.png

You can watch the high quality video here, it's reversed.

As one can see- or maybe not- there is more detail than at E3- specifically in the environments- the colors are darker, but still contrast very well (I thought they were too saturated at E3) and the feel of it seems more... realistic. What are your thoughts? Do you think they could improve it further? What do you think will be shown at e3?

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Now another shot, this time of the familiar e3 environment.
stg4.png

It's blurry, yes, but as one can see the moss on the steps and the bricks on the building are more noticeable than at e3, not to mention darker.
And, judging by the contrast between face and mouth, it looks like Link's lips have been fixed too!
stg5.png

Still a bit blurry to tell, overall, but if they have truly done what they promised, we may see some wonderful things!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Now I find that it looks overall more like Twilight Princess and less like Wind Waker... I think this is good, since so many people said (and still do) that there not getting the game, or they have given up on Zelda just because of the bright colours. These people will probably like the game more now!

May I ask what that brown thing at the top right of the forest picture is?

EDIT: I didn't see the blurr effect we got at E3 last year, were far off objects look like paint dabs...

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
It doesn't make the image any better, but it shows it as clearly as if it was on a TV... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKUn5ESdK4s Put it in 720p to see what the game looks like...

Honestly, the colors really feel washed out in that one. In the version in the original post, the colors really popped and gave a better idea of what the game will look like. Also, that was has screen tearing. D:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think the graphics were fine, and they still are.

since so many people said (and still do) that there not getting the game, or they have given up on Zelda just because of the bright colours.

O___O

I, personally, loved the WW style of graphics. It was so bright and colorful... As for the TP style, it just seemed too... dull. Bland. Uninteresting. Sure, the graphics were good, but they just didn't seem to stand out the way the WW style did. I can't imagine someone giving up on Zelda just because of the graphics.

maybe the colors were darkened, but I think the video is still darker than the actual version because of the quality

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Honestly, the colors really feel washed out in that one. In the version in the original post, the colors really popped and gave a better idea of what the game will look like. Also, that was has screen tearing. D:

Remember, this trailer was captured with a camera with the lights undimmed at GDC, this is the original video. I'm sure the colors are fine.

Not in the 720P version, it's super clear...

Obviously, the 720p version has better quality.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
Remember, this trailer was captured with a camera with the lights undimmed at GDC, this is the original video. I'm sure the colors are fine.

I'm not sure I follow. I was referring to the fact that the high quality trailer you posted in your original post made the colors really pop, where as the IGN one, the colors felt washed out, and I think the one in your post is a more accurate depiction of what the game will look like.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I'm not sure I follow. I was referring to the fact that the high quality trailer you posted in your original post made the colors really pop, where as the IGN one, the colors felt washed out, and I think the one in your post is a more accurate depiction of what the game will look like.

lol Sorry, I didn't read carefully. You're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom