• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Impressions of the Game

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
How do you guys feel about the Z-Targeting no longer allowing you to aim projectile weapons at a locked-on enemy? I must have shot 5 Deku nuts at a Keese with the sling-shot before I realized that Z-Targeting didn't make me aim at the enemy...
I was actually slightly dissapointed. But it gets easier as you upgrade your slingshot enough

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I got it yesterday, and boy was I pleased! The graphics are beautiful! It looks like you are walking in a painting! The should hang it up in the national gallery it's so awesome! I think the flying is fluent and fast, I like the fact if you roll into a table in someones house, the glasses and jugs fall off and break and I also love the fact you can sit on chairs and tree stumps (go into the restroom in the nights academy and sit on the loo, funny things happen!)

I like the z targeting it's like metroid prime 3, the screen locks on to the enemy but you still aim around freely, which makes you able to kill multiple targets at the same time.

completed the third dungeon and some other stuff, the story got a hole lot better now! Something I really like is that you can chose what to answer during cutscenes and stuff. Like you can either be the good guy or the cranky guy or the cool guy which makes the characters react different depending on what you chose to say, which increases replayability!

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
How do you guys feel about the Z-Targeting no longer allowing you to aim projectile weapons at a locked-on enemy? I must have shot 5 Deku nuts at a Keese with the sling-shot before I realized that Z-Targeting didn't make me aim at the enemy...
I was the exact same, it's a bit more tedious, but more realistic. I like how it works, to be honest.
I'm currently inside the volcano trying to get to the temple - took a bit of a break that lasted longer than anticipated.
My own impressions so far, are that it is an amazing game, I love the new characters, the layout is fantastic and the item screens are great once you get used to them. I met with Batreaux, and he seemed a bit.... fruity. Haha, I like his character - the sidequest involved with him should be a fun one. I. LOVE. THIS. GAME.
Spoiler Alert
I had ONE issue - fighting Ghirarim for the first time, the 1:1 was pretty much spot on, however pointing the sword skyward took ages, and I had to really strain my arm a few times to get it activated, but he was a simple boss once I got my timing down.

I was the exact same, it's a bit more tedious, but more realistic. I like how it works, to be honest.
I'm currently inside the volcano trying to get to the temple - took a bit of a break that lasted longer than anticipated.
My own impressions so far, are that it is an amazing game, I love the new characters, the layout is fantastic and the item screens are great once you get used to them. I met with Batreaux, and he seemed a bit.... fruity. Haha, I like his character - the sidequest involved with him should be a fun one. I. LOVE. THIS. GAME.
Spoiler Alert
I had ONE issue - fighting Ghirarim for the first time, the 1:1 was pretty much spot on, however pointing the sword skyward took ages, and I had to really strain my arm a few times to get it activated, but he was a simple boss once I got my timing down.

you know you don't even have to lift your arm you only have to point the wiimote straight up, and when you see links sword kinda locks in a position just hold it right there.
I absolutely loved that bossfight though, best one yet for me.

after spending some more time with the game and getting used to the artstyle it defenetly fits the game perfectly, but however there are times when it just looks plain ugly. one time in the third dungeon it was so ugly that they could have just laid a big turd on the screen instead, however immature this might sound it's actually true, but this was only on particular instance. For those who want to know where it was:
NOY EXACTLY A SPOILER BUT STILL WARNING
it was in the big room where there is sand to the left and you crouched through the tunnels, those tunnels were ugly!

Last edited:
I recently beat the third temple, and I'm liking it more and more, in the beginning, I felt like the world was too closed and there where too few sidequests etc, but it has opened up more now. reminds me of Jak and Daxter for some reason

Last edited:
I've only played it to the second temple, but so far I'm loving it! It's absolutely beautiful, though I'm a bit disappointed that I cannot Z-target while aiming at enemies. Don't know why they took that out. I love the music, atmosphere and while new controls took some getting used to the gameplay's pretty solid! (Though I would have liked to have a map still on the lower left of the screen...) Also ability to change interface is a big plus - the humongous pics on Wiimote and Nunchuk were pretty horrifying sight in those trailers. It just seems to be getting better and better more I play.

Just beat the SPOILER
Silent Realm
SPOILER END and it was kind of dissapointing, too easy, and Keese drop spoils VERY sparinbgly, so farming monster claws is just.. -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
i just got the game today and it was AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just want all the future zelda games to be like SS!
one thing though if you are new you fell fell the controls funky, but you'll get ued to it after like an hour of gameplay...
:)

im not going to say where i am because that would probably be a spoiler, but i have played for 25 hours now and i love it. Absolutely love it. I love how you never get bored of this game , you never do the same thing twice in a row. And I really like the story so far. can't wait to find out what's going to happen near the ending!

What's grey?
I've played two hours so far and it's great! The controls work perfectly, fighting is fun, the thing looks great!

you can carry fruit around by stabbing it, you had probably figured that out already.
I love the instrument,, I'm walking around playing it all the time :)

Floored

Skyward Sword is absolutely amazing. The orchestrated music blew me away! The characters look just as good or even better on the big screen than they did in trailers. The introductory cutscene with the villains and the Goddess was great but nothing too special. Things quickly picked up when the Imprisoned was shown. The monstrous creature will be a pleasure to battle later on! Seeing Link afflicted by the beast made me heartbroken. That wasn't the only emotion, however, as ecstasy filled me when Zelda sang and later walked up to her friend, Link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom