• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Impa's AoC design; yay or nay?

The new gameplay stream from TGS today revealed Impa as a playable character and her design.

hyrule_warriors_age_of_calamity_impa_art.jpg

I assumed that Impa would look a lot like Paya, which she does, but I was hoping for something a little more unique.

She still looks cool though.

What are your thoughts on Impa's design?

Is she what you were expecting or were you hoping for something a little different and not as Paya-ish?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh me likey likey :D As a grandmom it makes sense for her to look like her granddaughter. I think they did this because they couldn't make Paya a playable character. This won't fit the BotW timeline. But I won't complain. Not at all :D

I don't mind the design since they are related but before I knew it was Impa I just straight up thought it was Paya.

I've seen some side by side images & they're really hard to discern. As long as she's badass like the HW Impa then I'll be happy.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't mind the design since they are related but before I knew it was Impa I just straight up thought it was Paya.

I've seen some side by side images & they're really hard to discern. As long as she's badass like the HW Impa then I'll be happy.
They're not that hard to tell apart. Impa has a different eye shape, different nose, and different eyebrows, for example. They absolutely look strikingly similar, and the differences are subtle, but they're there.

also i thought it was purah before they said her name lol

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
maybe they could've change the hair up a bit more? I don't know, it was always to be expected that if there were a breath of the wild prequel and Impa was in it, they'd reuse the Paya model

not like it's a deal breaker or anything, its still nice

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
She's a little to bland for me. She's almost identical to Paya, who was already the blandest character in Breath of the Wild.

Also, I love that she apparently shrank four feet as she aged.

Compared to the other Impa designs i'm not a huge fan but I do like it. I don't mind that she looks a lot like Paya. But it is pretty bland.

I didn't like it at first. Changing badass, stone-faced Impa into a cute anime-looking girl wasn't something I was thrilled with. But then I realized the Zelda team just re-used Paya's design, likely for economical reasons. Didn't make me any less annoyed but then I saw Impa fight. And I can look past the weirdness of young cute Impa and see the badass bodyguard of Zelda inside.
The super-long silver hair makes her look cool. So does the straw hat and Sheikah robes. And I can imagine her looking so much cooler in that design when she's older/making her more iconic serious expressions.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I like the design, especially the hair. I do wish they would have used harder angles and lines for her some of her features, as she is she has a very soft face. Though I get that she's probably supposed to be fairly young and naive, I just always have Impa in my mind (especially a badass Impa) as a more stern figure.

Though I want to say I do really like the hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom