• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Immortality

MonsterMMORPG

Indie Game Developer
humans will achieve it after death

in this world probably life will get very long

If Allah lets i believe there will be nano robots that constantly repair the body, kill bad cells etc

But in the end judgement day will come and every created thing will die

and our Islamic scholars predicting that judgement day will happen in next 500 years but only Allah knows

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
Wise old men in movies live beyond the 100 mark and are wise and are the best there is. what do you say to that huh

The end is more like fifty or sixty years maybe seventy years from now at the rate the human population is growing and how fast resources are being consumed the earth will be unable to handle the stress and if that doesn't start killing us then wars fought over resources will, this is a possible future if things don't change, basically we may not be around long enough to discover immortality which we will likely never discover anyways, the closest we will likely get is greatly extended life.

No one should live forever.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Immortality is impossible. It's a joke. If it were possible, it would be wasted on a corporate **** who knows nothing more than "please myself and make everyone else suffer". If it were possible, everyone knows that achieving it would cost inordinate amounts of money for such a simple process. I do not support immortaility or even thinking about it, because it's a joke AFAIAC.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I think we will have immortality, yeah. But not how people expect it; like, someone's not going to be walking around alive and well and never dying, we'll never hit that, but I imagine a time will come when Science could theoretically keep people alive, cryogenic and the like, for almost forever. So, it kinda is immortality but not like how people expect it. :P I could see that happening.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I don't know how brains work or anything, but from what I hear, it seems like there is an actual physical change in your brain whenever you attain new memories (so basically all the time). Assuming that's true, I predict that some time in the future, humans will be able to essentially 3D print anything into any shape of any material. It might be possible, then, to 3D print a human brain and when one body gets too old, you could copy your brain, make a new, younger one with the same memories, and put it in a new body.

Also A.I. could work, if it's ever created. An exact copy of a person could be made with electronics and then their body wouldn't age in the first place, just develop short circuits.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I used to think that immortality is a cool concept. To live forever. But a series I read which centrals around concepts such as immortality changed my views. Really, I guess immortality can be what you make of it. It depends on the situation too.

If one person discovers immortality and does not wish to share it, they would have to live their long lives as a mere shadow. Hiding all the time. Trying not to bring attention to their non-aging body. Moving often. No stability. Life would suck. Yet all humans knowing about the path to immortality can cause disaster. Human kind doesn't deserve to be immortal. We will corrupt with this much power. And it defiantly wouldn't help population wise. At all. We would just infest this planet (like we already have), and others. It's best we not discover how to be immortal.

If is possible? I think it may be possible to delay or even stop aging. I remember reading an article a few years ago about scientists trying to find out why we age. So if we manage to find the reason and harness and control it, I guess it's possible. But the body can't physically keep on going forever. I doubt it. So I doubt true immortality is possible. Unless we give ourselves robot bodies. Which I don't even want to get into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom