• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I'm Tired of the Wind Waker Sequels for the DS.

Eh, good point, Charge.

I would actually really like to see the Oracle games' style again. I liked it a lot. And like you said, you can always draw the characters in a different style...

I agree with Charge. I would love to see the return of 2D. I mean the sprites for TMC were amazing, why not make a game using even better ones that the DS can handle.

2.5D like the DS Pokemon games would work very well too.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The thing is, the cell shading helps give these characters style instead of being simple blocks, so I don't want to see that change.

The thing is that characters can be drawn differently and that's what makes a lot of Zeldas seem new and refreshing, however when a style is reused constantly it gets repetitive. (I got kind of annoyed when Oracles used a style similar to Alttp and LA, but at least it seemed more light hearted.)

All of these Zelda styles are perfect for Cell shading. And if Nintendo wants to make the game look dark then they just need to use a darker palette. Remember everyone, WW isn't the only way a character can be cel-shaded.

T

Twilight_Link10

Not many people liked the toon link saga I don't rly like it

W

Wii Guy 09

In my first post, I said I wanted a brand new series. I'm not talking about another OoT game or ALTTP/LA game. I want something new exclusivly on DS.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I understand if they want to work with a similar "engine" and develop what they have started. I don´t believe it´s a big problem. As I wrote in another thread I hope the Spirit Tracks will be the last "cartoonlike Zelda" and even if it´s not the last I am sure they will change direcctions in the future cause that´s what they´ve done before.

Maybe you weren´t talking about the graphics but the actual "saga"? I also believe we will see an end of that too. But I believe it´s quite nice that they let us know more, gives everything more deepness :)

Tired of ww sequels with toon link...yes. I owuld like to see A new Zelda Storyline, not just one branching of from another adventure, and with not toon link......
But I don;t particularly mind, As long as they keep making good Zelda games.
Like some people have already said, whihc I agree with, I owuld love to see the next Zleda game after spirit tracks as a brand new one in OOS/OOA style. ]But we odn't get that choice, really. Bleh :(

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
Alright, time for my two cents. XD

When it comes to the realistic graphics, I'm a fan. Making Link look all the more real is fine with me, but....it takes some fantasy aspects out of it.

Think about it; you are playing with realistic games, there are restrictions. You can't make something look un-real, aka, more "fantasy like." Link has to be in perfect proportion, he has to have all his movements make sense. In a sense, yeah, that's a good thing, but it takes away from the creativity and the cartoonish/fantasy feel; something Nintendo does best.

Mario? He's a cartoon! The series is so successful it's crazy, head to head with our loved Zelda series. But despite it's cartoonish factor, it's still the most popular series in the gaming world, whether you like it or not. Heck, even non-gamers know who Mario is. Why do you think that? No one ever has complained about their graphics to the degree that Zelda has. Zelda was known for realistic and it did well, Mario was known for more cartoonish, and it soared.

Wind Waker graphics and gameplay pushed the limit on the Zelda series. Before, everything had to look realistic. Yes, there were some cartoonish aspects to some of the games such as Oracle of Ages and Seasons, but it was not that far astray from the realistic factor.

Why do you think Wind Waker was so successful? Here's the reasons...

- A Ocean where you could go nearly wherever you wanted, giving a sense of adventure to the player.
- Alternate timeline to OoT, complicating the plot for Zelda more and giving us more throeies to come up with.
- Brand-New, Cartoonish graphics that worked fantastically for the system is was created for.

Wind Waker graphics never cease to amaze me, in fact, the whole game amazes me. It's arguably my favorite next to OoT.

Now, some of you might say, "Wind Waker was made for kids! It's not a real Zelda game!" I beg to differ. While it does appeal to the younget audience by keeping the scary monsters at bay and the cartoonish graphics, you can't say that it's a bad game, or a bad series.

Now, yes, most of us know that Wind Waker was a good game. At this point, I'm going to have to agree with Josh.

Honestly I'm not tired of the cel-shaded graphics themselves, just how they use them. They were brilliant in wind waker, but when they did it on Phantom Hourglass and now Spirit tracks, they look like crap. As I've said in other posts, we need to let the cel-shaded stay were it's best on big consoles, and let 2D ALTTP graphics come back to the smaller ones.

I would love to see the Wind Waker graphics carry on, just not on the the DS.

Ok, I've bored you enough with my crazy long post, I'll stop here. :lol:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Alright, time for my two cents. XD

When it comes to the realistic graphics, I'm a fan. Making Link look all the more real is fine with me, but....it takes some fantasy aspects out of it.

Think about it; you are playing with realistic games, there are restrictions. You can't make something look un-real, aka, more "fantasy like." Link has to be in perfect proportion, he has to have all his movements make sense. In a sense, yeah, that's a good thing, but it takes away from the creativity and the cartoonish/fantasy feel; something Nintendo does best.

Mario? He's a cartoon! The series is so successful it's crazy, head to head with our loved Zelda series. But despite it's cartoonish factor, it's still the most popular series in the gaming world, whether you like it or not. Heck, even non-gamers know who Mario is. Why do you think that? No one ever has complained about their graphics to the degree that Zelda has. Zelda was known for realistic and it did well, Mario was known for more cartoonish, and it soared.

Wind Waker graphics and gameplay pushed the limit on the Zelda series. Before, everything had to look realistic. Yes, there were some cartoonish aspects to some of the games such as Oracle of Ages and Seasons, but it was not that far astray from the realistic factor.

Why do you think Wind Waker was so successful? Here's the reasons...

- A Ocean where you could go nearly wherever you wanted, giving a sense of adventure to the player.
- Alternate timeline to OoT, complicating the plot for Zelda more and giving us more throeies to come up with.
- Brand-New, Cartoonish graphics that worked fantastically for the system is was created for.

Wind Waker graphics never cease to amaze me, in fact, the whole game amazes me. It's arguably my favorite next to OoT.

Now, some of you might say, "Wind Waker was made for kids! It's not a real Zelda game!" I beg to differ. While it does appeal to the youngest audience by keeping the scary monsters at bay and the cartoonish graphics, you can't say that it's a bad game, or a bad series.

Now, yes, most of us know that Wind Waker was a good game. At this point, I'm going to have to agree with Josh.

I would love to see the Wind Waker graphics carry on, just not on the the DS.

Ok, I've bored you enough with my crazy long post, I'll stop here. :lol:

An excellent post my friend. Time for me to have a discussion with you.

What if the graphics resembled something bordering around the Oracle games or the original LOZ (artwork mind you.) As you can see, although they still have their cartoon like features they have a sense of realism. They keep a balance which didn't restrict anything.

Look at creatures like the Moblin King mixed with Link, they seem as if they're right on track.

TP took that way out of context and tried to mesh realism with fantasy which made human like characters and the unrealistic creatures seem to almost be from different worlds.

Wind Waker took it very cartoony and although it all fit, that doesn't mean that everything has to be done in that style. Cel shading helps give the games their fantastical features which is why I hope more games are done using Cel shading, even TP could have been done like that and it would have fit very well.

I'm happy with Cel-shaded for handhelds, and realistic for Consoles. It really depends on the gameplay to me. Zelda is Zelda.

it'd be interesting to see a more old-school feel to a handheld Zelda and maybe it'll happen - who knows? Maybe not anytime soon, but one day.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i just realized that the title of the thread has to do with being sick of WW sequels on the DS when there is only one lol. the graphics are fine, but the 2D ones are better i think.

L

linkfan822

Just a random thing here, ignore it if it doesn't suit your tastes.

Now, I don't Know if this would be possible, but what if we could get a 2d-3d game? It might be cool to have an item able to turn you 3d, while some spaces could only be conquered by being 2d. Sorry I strayed a little, just wanted to post an idea. anyway, I don't mind the WW graphics, they just need to smooth them out again like they did in WW. I saw the SP trailer, and I saw too many sharp angles. Im not going for a totally round game, but sometimes curves can work better than sharp angles

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
they dont make angles on purpose. its only what the graphics system allows. they cant make perfect WW graphics on a handheld. thats like having a handheld gamecube.

H

Hero0fTimeLink

I'm sick of it. Windwaker was a great game but Phantom Hourglass was not. I want another game for Wii

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom