• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I'm Tired of the Wind Waker Sequels for the DS.

W

Wii Guy 09

I just wish they would make another series. You know, a brand new series just for the DS?:right:

DCMN

Hero of Internet
You realise that, judging from the trailer, Spirit Tracks is most likely an individual game rather than a PH sequal.

linkman8

True and Noble
You realise that, judging from the trailer, Spirit Tracks is most likely an individual game rather than a PH sequal.

I don't think that's what Wii Guy's getting at. I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you're just tired of the PH style of zelda games for the DS, and you think they should make something of a different style completely that is dependent from other games.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Who ever said they were prequels/sequels? I`m sick of all these cell-shaded games too.>.<.

Phantom Hourglass is clearly a sequel to Wind Waker, Bellum, so, don't try to argue with that.
Spirit Tracks, however, seems like it is a brand new Link.
I like the cel-shaded style and for me, it can continue to be applied to the handheld games

Well, what else would they use? It seems as if Nintendo had kind of dug themselves into a hole. Some people (including me) now expect that Portable Console = Toon Link and that Home Console = Real Link. This is actually what I'm expecting from here on out, but I would gladly accept a "Real Link" portable game.

D

DekuLink

Like I said during the 4th podcast, and agreeing with Ver-go and SK: The handhelds aren't & shouldn't really be a "hard-core" game.

I mean, If you're just sitting at the DMV and pull out your DS, I don't really expect to play Resident evil. But more of a Mario game. Besides, do you know how hard it would be for Nintendo to make a realistic game of Zelda's proportions on a handheld? PH is a HUGE game when you think about it. I don't think it's possible to make that with "real" graphics.

To sum things up: Handhelds: Cel-shaded more "casual" gamer style, but still make it challenging and not too "casual". Console: Freakin' hard core **** right there. I'm talking about ripping Bokoblin's heads off, puttin' bombs inside dodongos and making them explode from the freakin' inside! Make it look as realistic as my f-ing hand!

As for the Wind Waker Story: It hasn't been confirmed as a part of that time line. But besides, why not? It's a lot easier to make a time line and see where the story fits in. You don't even know what the story will be. People see trains and freak out. I see a train and I see a different mode of transportation.

tl;dr: Don't worry.

I love the cel-shaded graphics, and I'm glad that Nintendo keeps using then, but I would love to see them again on a console Zelda game.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I jsut started playing Phantom Hourglass for the first time a couple days ago, and I'm very happy to be back in the Wind Waker world. I didn't realize it's been so long since that game came out until I started playing, and the familiar Pirate Ship theme started playing.

If they only make Wind Waker styled games for handhelds from now on, then I will be happy, but then, I don't see that happening forever. Zelda's shanged styles before, and I'm positive it will change styles again in the future. I think as long as there's games on the DS systems, they'll keep them in the Wind Waker style. Maybe they'll reinvent the style for a new Nintendo hand-held system that's completely different than the DS series?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I am tired on the WW artstyle. I for one believe that six games are to much for a certain artstyle. I want there to be another change in art style again.

It's not that I hate the WW style, it's that the style is being milked and I hate it when that happens. Frankly I hope they stop the WW style and move on to something else.

Honestly I'm not tired of the cel-shaded graphics themselves, just how they use them. They were brilliant in wind waker, but when they did it on Phantom Hourglass and now Spirit tracks, they look like crap. As I've said in other posts, we need to let the cel-shaded stay were it's best on big consoles, and let 2D ALTTP graphics come back to the smaller ones.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I dont understand how so many are thinking its a sequel or prequel to PH or TWW. Is it just because of the graphics? Who knows... maybe it is... but I hope not.

I actually think the WW graphics work great for the DS. It gives it more of a family appeal that Nintendo has always had. But a OoT looking DS Zelda WOULD be interesting ^^

We don't yet know if Spirit Tracks relates to Phantom Hourglass or The Wind Waker timeline-wise. It may, but it's not certain.

Either way, if you're referring to them trying a new style... I wouldn't bet on it. What other style could they try? TP? OoT? There aren't any new styles, unless they start doing something really weird.

But I don't mind if ST is related to WW and PH. As for the style, I love it and want to see it in even more games, so if that's what's bugging you, I can't really agree.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
We don't yet know if Spirit Tracks relates to Phantom Hourglass or The Wind Waker timeline-wise. It may, but it's not certain.

Either way, if you're referring to them trying a new style... I wouldn't bet on it. What other style could they try? TP? OoT? There aren't any new styles, unless they start doing something really weird.

But I don't mind if ST is related to WW and PH. As for the style, I love it and want to see it in even more games, so if that's what's bugging you, I can't really agree.

Actually they can attempt older styles.
01%7E13.jpg

Fairy2.jpg

Or they could just get someone to draw a different style, I mean different people can draw or make art differently. There is a plethora of style that they can attempt.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I actually love ChargewithSwords idea. I think a Zelda game would look great drawn in that style. That way they could also draw a old style manual and the screenshots from the game would fit perfectly ^^

Great idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom