• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I'm Scared

J

jack-o-lantern

I honestly have no idea what you mean by the straight road thing. Have you seen gameplay videos of the demo? If not i suggest you do because you will see that it is actually quite open. If that demo area is any indication of the final game, which I think it is, this game will be amazing

I am not telling to no one here, I am going to say it for some ppl in other forums I have read:

Some times, the people is very stupid

PD: I can say "stupid" in this forum? sorry if I cant

Kirino

Tatakae
The game won't be a straight road.Zelda fans have been complaining about that for a while,and I don't think Nintendo would just suddenly make it like that.And it just looks like a straight road because it's a demo.The actual game will be much bigger and more open.Plus,it's been in development for 4 years.5 once 2011 comes.It's obvious Nintendo's working really hard on this game.They even said that Skyward Sword is coming along like ghostbusters.In case you don't know that mean it's coming along really good.We just have to trust that Nintendo's going to deliver a wonderful gaming experience with Skyward Sword,as they've never dissapointed us in the past.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I don't see it. There's no way to tell for sure whether or not it'll be a good game until we actually play it, but so far I don't think we've got anything to worry.

Miyamoto is pretty much fully involved in this game. He hasn't been fully involved in the production of a Zelda game since I believe the original LoZ, which was considered by MANY people back in the day to be absolutely amazing, and there are still plenty fans of it I believe. And then you've got Aonuma, who created the masterpiece known as OoT the first time he was involved in the development of a Zelda game if I've got my facts straight. You've got two people who've created masterpieces for their time on their first try working together for this game.

And then you've got the new style. Sure, we don't know exactly how the game'll feel what with all the Motion Plus stuff, but those of us who've played Wii Sports Resort definately have a vague idea of how the Swordplay and Archery will work, and everybody will probably say it feels absolutely amazing.

Then you've got the developers saying the game will be harder. This is bound to please the hardcore fans and they're sure to keep things easy enough/incorperate an optional help feature or something like that to keep the casuals pleased (like with NSMBW and SMG2, they were both plenty hard but they were easy enough to just play through and they had a help feature just in case you needed it).

Then you've got the developers saying that they're going to be changing the formula to make it fresher (EG dungeons without bosses, bosses without dungeons, dungeon/field/dungeon doesn't apply).

And then you've got them saying there's gonna be a smaller overworld, but it's gonna be denser. This can be interpretted as a more lively and content filled overworld than, say, the overworld of Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time (they have two of the bleakest and emptiest overworlds in the series) and more towards something like the overworld of ALttP or MC.

Honestly, I only see reasons to be excited and not scared.

Well, the demo area as we see it will not be in the game, but each area you see in that demo will make an appearance. They will just be divided up more.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I think it is going to be a great game mostly because they said it's going along like gangbusters and that it will change the zelda series as we know it. The Wii Motion Plus will let Nintendo form puzzles that noone has ever seen before.

I looked up a Zelda demo video, and I sorta see what you mean by it being closed off, but I remember that TP had a sorta closed of area, the woods! this area reminds me of it, but its just more bright and colorful... Once we play it, we will get to hyrule field, and it will be open with tons of stuff to do... I can sorta imagine a wind waker type interment, but with no ocean, just lots of side quests, and places to get heart pieces and treasure chests. (not THOSE kind of chests boys!) since they did say something about the world being like a dungeon, which reminds me of a lot of islands in wind waker. I wouldn't worry! Just relax and hope for the best! (don't get your hopes TO high though!)

Well, I think there's absolutely no chance that Skyward Sword is going to suck. It might not be a definitive masterpiece, but it's a given it will be at least "good". That was how I felt with TP.

I'm slightly nervous it will be a great game instead of an incredible game. But I'm just gonna take it for what it is. I have a gut feeling this will be a really good one though... And if its not, well then I will just have to be really upset, tell everyone I gave up on Zelda, and then wait for the next one to come out!

I am neutral on this. I don't expect it to be amazing, but I don't really expect it to suck.

While I understand the fear of Ninty glancing over the online communities to get some idea of how they are doing, I see very little likely they will back step because of it. Sure TP has been bashed in some places in a way that makes it seem understimated, but I don't think it will make them trash what they liked from it. If at all Syward would strike more ina way to conceal the most cherished aspects from different games.

It is good to hear all those big names involved with it and the time passed, I am okay with it, so far they have been working in it, so it sounds quite ambitious project. The Zelda fans have become very demanding and even with all, talking about a downhill because they cannot experience the series the way they used to. Time changes and I am happy Zelda adapts. Spirit tracks has been okay, many people enjoyed it better than what they expected.

I think SS will give a lot to talk about when it is released. I don't know exactly, but judging upon the comments they have some plans to incorporate and hopefully it will give a fresh breathing as well keeping the quality of the game. Every new zelda is an opportunity to re-create and at the same time be closer to what the NES limitations put on the start of the franchise.

At the same time, I understand the idea of Nintendo being lazy, specially in the wii with many simple games in comparison to other consoles content. if at all, I am more concerned the 3DS seems to be so far the remakes and little-plot games like animal crossing, so I think it is yet a reason to hope all their effort and their big card is Swkyward Sword right now.

This game will be great, it is a guarantee. Look at TP, some people still find things to complain about in that game and that game was AWESOME! Honestly we've been spoiled so much with such great games that we get dissappointed if it isn't a perfect 10 every time. It would take a great showing by SS to top OOT, MM, and other zelda greats but it definitely will be a great game (9.0-10). The waiting in between zelda games is the reason I've sticked with nintendo for so long: they put time and care into their products while other systems just try to mass produce games...

Megamannt125

Blue Link
The demo area is just that... a demo area, it won't be in the game at all, but it's how I expect some dungeons to be, what with either Aonuma or Miyamoto commenting about making some of what looks like fields, actually dungeons.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
The game could have any possible turnout at this point as we know very little about it, so I think it's a bit too soon to be making these judgments.

In my opinion, the graphics, gameplay, story, and everything we know about it sounds pretty good. And if you're judging the game by the trailer and E3 demo, it has been confirmed that the area showed in both will not be in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom