• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I'm Calling It Now!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ganondorf! There's no confirmation that he himself will appear in the game, but we know now from this interview http://www.1up.com/news/eiji-aonuma-wraps-zelda-skyward that the game at least touches upon why he's after the Master Sword in the first place!

- Will Ganon show up? "This game talks about the birth of the Master Sword, and it touches on why Ganondorf showed up. If you play it, I think you'll get some understanding on that. It connects to Ocarina, so if you play Ocarina of Time 3D and move on to this game, I think you'll catch on to a lot of things.

While that doesn't mean that Ganondork will be in the game in any shape or form, but I think it's safe to say that the Gerudo will play a part, minor or not, in this game's plot, and I cannot wait. SS really seems like it'll be the next OoT/MM!

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Wasn't there a rumor that he'd appear as a kid there? That's just what I'd like to happen, still. Just mentioning it.

It's good to hear some story more direct connections are being thrown into the mix, eitherway. But what exactly do you have in mind for the Gerudos?

Last edited:
It'll probably be vaguely mentioned in a cut scene. One of the things I love/hate about Zelda is that they never seem too interested in adding to the story/timeline for hardcore fans. I mean they do, but it's never very direct and blatant or obvious. Sometimes I wish they were more direct, but it also makes the series more mysterious, thought provoking and fascinating.

i believe it was the triforce ganondorf was after not the master sword. but i definitely think its going to touch upon the gerudo but not ganondorf himself because he is not born yet. it will possibly explain his motives for wanting the triforce but i dont think we will ever see him in the game

Kotake, Koume and others of the Gerudo race might make an appearance or be referenced in Skyward Sword. A desert area can clearly be seen in one of the demos...so yeah. I wonder what the story involving the desert will be...

On a side-note: Maybe the Master Sword and Ganondorf are linked by some curse or something; it could be similar to the way the Horcruxes and Valdemort are in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (as the Horcruxes kept Lord Valdemort alive rendering him immortal). Skyward Sword's story might loosely elaborate on the source of this "link" (no pun intended).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
A reference would make sense. I mean, there were tales of the Hero of Time before he existed. But Gani directly being in the game makes no sense. The Temple of Time was built to house the Master Sword in ancient times. Ganondorf's not gonna be born in ancient times. He can't live forever without the Triforce of Power. He didn't get the ToP until OoT. So I'm certain that we won't be seeing Ganondorf in the game.

Kotake and Koume, Ganon's surrogate mothers are 400 years old. Since Skyward Sword takes place centuries before Ocarina of Time, one would assume that their characters could make a reappearance. If Ganondorf is to make an appearance in some fashion, it would certainly be through his mothers.

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
Kotake and Koume, Ganon's surrogate mothers are 400 years old. Since Skyward Sword takes place centuries before Ocarina of Time, one would assume that their characters could make a reappearance.
well it could also be 380 years but thats only if you are being picky.
good idea though i dont why it didnt cross my mind. it is very posssible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom