• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ikana Canyon War?

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
So as we all know the residents of Ikana Canyon were in a war... I believe it was the Garo vs. the Skeleton Stalchild things. I was trying to write some lyrics for the Stone Tower theme about the war in Ikana but... I don't have enough info... Does anyone have an theories as to why it happened? And any important events that happened in it?

Once again I'd love to hear your theories! :)

I've forgotten that there was war in Ikana :O.

However I've just remembered my theories. I think that the stalfos wanted the land of the garos and so they started a war. The garo were out numbered and that's why the ikana king and his knights are stalfos. I think that the ikana castle was actually built by the garo, and the garo lived their until the stalfos took it away from them. The garo were probably planning on assaulting them but couldn't because they knew they were out numbered. Therefor the garo went to the stone tower and lived their, and around the canyon area, away from the stalfos.

Hope you like my theories :D

Pinecove

Last Chance
A Zelda Informer article once adressed this, and it was very good: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2009/08/the-great-war-of-ikana.html
I'll sum it up in a nutshell however, for those who don't want to read the entire thing.

-Ikana was once a very well of kingdom, however petty battles with the peasants of the Ikanian population tore the place to ruins.
-The Garo were spies against the Ikanians.
-The Garo waged war against the Ikanians. (This is what caused the petty battles)
-The Stone Tower was an Ikanian structure that was taken over by the Garo.
-The Garo brought the light arrows to the tower to flip it; there was no divine intervention.
-The Taking over of the stone tower marked the victory of the Garo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom