• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler IGN's Skyward Sword Rewind Trailer

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
IGN has released their rewind trailer for Skyward Sword in which they commentate on their observations throughout the trailer.

[video=youtube;kqDzFyHUu_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqDzFyHUu_k[/video]

A couple of my thoughts on their thoughts:

- I did NOT notice that about Link's earrings! Very interesting!
- I think people have been mentioning that the birds might be Kargaroks~
- Hey...I like Link's fashion sense! sorry :P
- Missed the possibility that the "whale" could be the guardian of the goddess referenced by Ghirahim~
- It's not a theory, it's confirmed that the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword~
- Missed Rauru design similarities~
- Interesting look at the Wooden Shield design~
- Interesting observations on the hilt of Link's sword at different points in the trailer~
- The guys coming out of the floor are called the Mogmas/Magmas according to the roundtable~
- 8:07 wow, that did NOT look like something out of a "volcano level" so I'm surprised. Unless they were referring to the footage of the Mogmas/Magmas before that~
- Not maybe, Skyloft is a series of floating islands, Wind Waker-esque~
- Nice catch of the "holes" in the clouds. I heard in an interview on G4 that Skyloft acts as sort of a hub world that Link jumps down from to the land below, and can go back up to at any point to replenish needed item stock and hearts and all.
- Still think Ganon's going to be the main villain? May...be. I think Ghirahim might perhaps not be the top dog, but even if such a case were to be true, the final boss could be someone completely different, and perhaps completely new.
- Yes, we all know about the tongue business...^^
- Didn't think he was Vaati personally, and he certainly isn't, despite bearing some similarities.
- I was in support of the gilded sword theory myself. Not going to go into detail here, but I don't think it's out of the count.

I don't think IGN did the the best look into this, but hopefully this will serve as a good way to start loosening up new thoughts on the trailer and open the floor to further analysis.

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Wow, there's a heavy emphasis on Guardians and races. I think we will be seeing the return of guardian deities like Jabu Jabu and the Great Deku Tree. Hmmm, that whale'ish thing that swallowed Zelda.....

Also, never saw that cloud hole (sounds dirty) and I definitely like what I'm seeing. I'm not sure what to make of the earrings though.

Oh, and she was referring to the mogmas/magmas when she said it's out of the volcano level, not the mechanical minecart thingo.

Lastly, there is significant evidence against Ghirahim as the final boss. Firstly, Nintendo loves twists. Secondly, he uses pronouns like "we", "us" and "ours" during the extended boss fight footage and also, they demoed him as a boss fight, why would they put a potential final boss as a demo, even if that's not the last time we meet him (which it clearly isn't).

Good find!

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I wonder if Ghirahim is a part of the Dark Tribe? It looks like he could be, but I may be wrong.

Hmm... I would be so disapointed to see Ganon as the main villain.
And does Link has to erase evil in the world below and make it a safe place?
And I still wonder how he goes back to skyloft because his bird doesn't seem to go under the clouds and i don't think that Phi has the power to lift Link above the clouds, so maybe someone else or some people are helping Link.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Hmm... I would be so disapointed to see Ganon as the main villain.
And does Link has to erase evil in the world below and make it a safe place?
And I still wonder how he goes back to skyloft because his bird doesn't seem to go under the clouds and i don't think that Phi has the power to lift Link above the clouds, so maybe someone else or some people are helping Link.

I think Nintendo may have taken the easy way out in getting link back to skyloft, because the Nintendo of America dude said there were "portals" that take you to and from the sky.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I think Nintendo may have taken the easy way out in getting link back to skyloft, because the Nintendo of America dude said there were "portals" that take you to and from the sky.

They said that you would find Bird Statues (like the one Link won in the bird minigame) scattered around the world below. These statues are supposed to bring you back up to Skyloft somehow, and they also act as a save point.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
what they said about the earrings shocked me. i wonder how that happened. they treated it like a big deal, but i just think it was a programming error or pallete error. I actually went through and re-watched the whole trailer, just focusing on his ears. the first time you see the red earrings is also the last time to see them. every other time, they're blue.

I like how they pointed out how the swords seem to change and talked a little about the wooden shield. All these things we're getting from Nintendo have much more in them once to take the time to investigate. it shows how much Nintendo cares about the zelda fans and theorists... ^^

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Why did they say they still think that Ganon will be the main villain? These are official game people. I figured they'd know that Ganon's origins are in Ocarina of Time.

So THAT'S what was meant when it was stated that the air was like the Great Sea of The Wind Waker! There must be other islands that can be traveled. I thought the extra islands were all small. I guess not. So the whole sky is the overworld, not just Skyloft. That's awesome.

Couldn't they have at least did a little research before making this video? They still think Ganon is the main villain after Nintendo has all but conformed he will not be in the game?

Hate is such a strong word, so I'll just say I absolutely LOATHED the IGN Rewind Videos. They have the tendency to look very unprofessional when they make those darned things.

*mimicking them* > "Ooh let's just throw together some quick video and post it up on our website to attract more people to our slowly dying fan base. Besides, they fall for it every time".

Those rewind videos do us no justice and they hardly ever give any new relevant information (that we should actually care about at least).

It's harsh, I know, but I've been disappointed SO many times by IGN ever since I became a member way back when. :/

Oh, sorry for my rant. I just was venting a bit.

V

VirgilTheart

First off, hello everyone! This is my first post here at the lovely Z.D. Forums!

Getting on topic however...

Couldn't they have at least did a little research before making this video? They still think Ganon is the main villain after Nintendo has all but conformed he will not be in the game?

They could've, but they never will. It's IGN for Christ's sake. ;)

That said, I do appreciate them noticing the red earrings Link was wearing at the beginning of the trailer. That could potentially be something of value in the future.

V

VirgilTheart

I'd say it's just a screw-up. I mean, there's not gonna be much time-span in-between that moment and when Link is falling to have any significance.

That's certainly a possibility. However, I think it might perhaps signify some sort of bond occurs between Link and Phi when Link obtains the Skyward Sword. Just a guess, but I could be wrong. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom