• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ifferences Between the Wii and Gamecube

I havent found anything like this online so i thought i'd make one, having finished both versions.

Gamecube: real version with Link left handed
Wii: everything mirrored to make Link right handed

Gamecube: goes into first person when using slingshots/clawshots etc.
Wii: goes into third person when using slingshots/clawshots etc.

Gamecube: harder to do spin attack however you wont have to wait a few seconds before doing another spin attack
Wii: easier to do spin attack however you will have to wait a few seconds before doing another spin attack

Gamecube: cant move and aim slingshots/clawshots etc.
Wii: can move and aim slingshots/clawshots etc.

Gamecube: can hold 2 weapons at a time (other than the sword)
Wii: can hold 4 weapons at a time

Gamecube: can get off epona very easily (hold R then press A)
Wii: cant do that (not that I know of)

Gamecube: flying using analog
Wii: flying by pointing at screen :(

Gamecube: you use A to use the spinner attack rather than the button you use to ride the spinner (so if you equipped it to Y you wouldnt use Y to attack you would use A)
Wii: you use B to use the spinner attack (much better)

well thats all I can think of, feel free to share anything I missed out. Overall i felt that the wii controls were better than the gamecube, and thats mainly because you can move and aim.

One complaint I have with the gamecube controls is that you can only hold 2 items at a time because midna uses the Z-Button which is a waste of a button, why couldnt she be down on the d-pad or something. Also I hate how right on the D-pad shows the map whereas in the wind waker its up on the D-pad so it took a while to get used to it. Oh well.

Edit: excuse me for the typo in the title

P.S twilight princess doesnt count as a wii game, its like calling donkey kong junglebeat a wii game.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Ehm you can get easily off Epona in the wii version by clicking A. And I'm sorry but I disagree with you. It does count as a wii game and I have no problems with it to be honest. But that's my opinion :p

Ehm you can get easily off Epona in the wii version by clicking A. And I'm sorry but I disagree with you. It does count as a wii game and I have no problems with it to be honest. But that's my opinion :p

no you wouldnt udnerstand if you havent played the gc version.

theres a thoing you can do where if you hold R then press A, link does a backflip and gets off almost instantly which i dont think you can do in the wii version, not too big of a problem but why remove it?

Austin

Austin
The last time I checked, you can aim your clawhook and slingshot for GCN version! (Owns a GCN version)

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I'm pretty sure there is already a thread like this. But there aren't major differences.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Another lesser known difference it that the glitch to obtain Green Chu Jelly exists in the Wii Version but not in the GCN version. Not that the Green Chu Jelly actually does anything though.

And saying that LOZ:TP Wii isn't a Wii game is stupid. That's like saying any multi platform game on the Wii isn't a Wii Game .

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I prefer the Wii controls, purely cause they are different to any controls that have been used in a Zelda game to date.
But, I only like to consider TP a Gamecube game, that's what it was originally made for.
The new Zelda title will be the first true Zelda Wii title.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
You know that the maps are mirrored,right?RIGHT!?Muahahaahahahahahahah and do the hokey pokey and turn yourself aro-your still reading,aren't you.Never mind.

Another lesser known difference it that the glitch to obtain Green Chu Jelly exists in the Wii Version but not in the GCN version. Not that the Green Chu Jelly actually does anything though.

And saying that LOZ:TP Wii isn't a Wii game is stupid. That's like saying any multi platform game on the Wii isn't a Wii Game .

thanks for that, will dd that in a sec.

my point is zelda tp was made for gamecube then ported over to the wii, so it doesnt really count as a wii game in my opinion, has gameecube graphics, gamecube sound, can fit on a gamecube disc and was originally made on the gamecube.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl

my point is zelda tp was made for gamecube then ported over to the wii, so it doesnt really count as a wii game in my opinion, has gameecube graphics, gamecube sound, can fit on a gamecube disc and was originally made on the gamecube.

actually the graphics are slightly improved on the Wii, but not noticeably. And I consider it a Wii game because I like it better and I've always known it as a Wii game.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl

actually the graphics are slightly improved on the Wii, but not noticeably. And I consider it a Wii game because I like it better and I've always known it as a Wii game.

this is a really dumb arguement:(

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
GUYS.

The difference between it all is that it's completely MIRRORED with control differences, there's no need to fight over it.

I personally say they're both the same except their mirrored with control differences, same difficulty, same gameplay, same everything.

Only thing you CAN do in the GCN that you CAN'T do in the Wii version is get an Action Replay and mess with it. But who wants to do that? :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom