• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Zelda Wii Were Like Zelda 2 and More Thoughts on the Ghost Girl

V

vickman17

Hey all,

Recently iv been reading everybodys posts on what the next zelda title will be like.Some people think it will be a prequal to TP iv read one guy that thinks it will be a sequal to MM.Now iv also heard people talking about how the ghost girl looks looks like the master sword (kind of) and that link is swordless.(he will probably find a sword somewhere.)

Now lets just ignore the story here for a bit and discuss how the game will actually play.Im pretty sure it was shigeru miyamoto that said that tp was the end of the regular zelda formula?Now what if the next zelda went back to how Zelda 2 played less focus on items and more around your sword and sheild and magic and spells. (and maby include a leveling system for your magic and sword).This could explain the ghost girl maby she helps give you the ability to cast magic spells?Think of all the cool spells and sword fighting you could do with the wii motion plus.With more focus on your sword and sheild and less on other items this could mean for some intense sword fights and magic spells to help you along the way and in your battles.

Now that is a possibility that could tie into the story if this ghost is related to the master sword then this game is probably a prequal.I mean the ghost girl doesn't need to totally resemble the master sword to be it.She could simply be the spirit inside the sword that helps fend off evil.So in the next zelda she helps link fend off evil and eventually turns into the master sword?

What do you guys think?

(Also im new here been coming to this site often to read up on latest zelda news and just deciced to make a account so I could discuss these things with you guys here on the forum!:))

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Welcome to the forum!

It isn't a prequel. Miyamoto said it takes place in a totally different era.
It's most likely sometime before OoT, though I'm toying with the possibility of it being a direct sequel to OoT (as described in this post). (The thought just occurred to me that Nintendo seems to like playing with their split timeline by making parallel stories (WW/TP), so why not make a parallel story to MM? That makes me put some more serious thought into the latter theory, which was initially a joke.)

But on-topic: I don't think it would be an RPG or anything like AoL. I think they've gotten quite a lot of bad feedback from that game, and when they say they're taking the series in a new direction, that doesn't mean revisiting an old idea. It should be something completely new that will surprise us all, no matter how much we guess at it.

V

vickman17

Too bad I think the zelda 2 style would make a great game in my opinion zelda 2 was one of my favorite zeldas :P as long as they don't make the next zelda 1st person or make it in a futuristic setting kind of like final fantasy did ill play it and enjoy it!

Welcome. Yeah, they most likely will not make it like AoL. I think it would be pretty cool, but not something they would do. Unless it were some spinoff game.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
wait people are saying their isnt leveling in zelda other then Zelda 2, well then they are wrong i meanin the oracles, and link's awakening link has the the level 1 sword and the level 1 power bracelet and later in other temples he gets better ones that are level 2.

i dont like leveling in zelda but if anything from zelda 2 needs to come back it is some of the enemies that have never been used again

Welcome. Yeah, they most likely will not make it like AoL. I think it would be pretty cool, but not something they would do. Unless it were some spinoff game.

Why would it have to be a spinoff to be like The Adventure of Link? And ironknuckle, I am pretty sure they meant upgrading via experience points. No other game aside from Zelda II has it where Link literally becomes physically stronger as you progress without the use of items.

And Nintendo would not make a retro style Zelda since they know we would love it too much.

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
The ghost girl is the master sword's sage in a way. It is the power that kills all evil. Without the "sage" the master sword would be useless. I am not saying it is a sage just kind of like a spirit that destroys evil. google image search- new zelda game, and it shows you similarities.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Why would it have to be a spinoff to be like The Adventure of Link? And ironknuckle, I am pretty sure they meant upgrading via experience points. No other game aside from Zelda II has it where Link literally becomes physically stronger as you progress without the use of items.

And Nintendo would not make a retro style Zelda since they know we would love it too much.

yeah i understand that and i didnt like it when you had to get experience points in zelda 2 but i was just pointing out that leveling is in some other zelda games

A

Airdude

............................./PH -- ST (-- MC -- FS/FSA?) <<--New Hyrule
.................. -- WW -- LoZ/AoL <<--Hyrule II
MC -- OoT<
................./MM -- TP -- FS/FSA -- ALttP/LA -- OoX <<--(Old) Hyrule
...thank God the Bible isn't this confusing!

FS/FSA is the seqeul to MC, same villian locations and sword, the Four Sword/Picori Blade. Oot branches into TP and WW, which is followed by PH( same Link) and ST (100 years after PH (from Nitendo Power)), TP and WW/PH/ST are parallel universes, probalbly created because of the time traveling in OoT. WW/PH/ST- Young Link's world, Hyrule gets destroyed. TP- Adult Link's world, Hyrule survives.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
I'm hoping they make the new game like AoL. I loved that game and it had a certain aura of darkness to it, even with 8bit graphics. It was Link's hardest adventure... I know, I lost a lot of NES controllers to that game!

I think it's possible that it could happen at the end of the timelines. At the end of TWW the MS is gone and at the end of ALttP the MS is gone again. Maybe it's a re-awakening of the sword after being lost for centuries.

V

vickman17

I'm hoping they make the new game like AoL. I loved that game and it had a certain aura of darkness to it, even with 8bit graphics. It was Link's hardest adventure... I know, I lost a lot of NES controllers to that game!

I think it's possible that it could happen at the end of the timelines. At the end of TWW the MS is gone and at the end of ALttP the MS is gone again. Maybe it's a re-awakening of the sword after being lost for centuries.

Ya AoL was one of my favorite zeldas so id be really happy to see something similar to it

CZG

The New Adventure of Link (Zelda 16)

Same graphics, same engine, new story.... 2000 hours long?
Awesome!

Pimped graphics and a new story... 100 hours long....
A Tie!

Downstab man!

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Welcome to the forum, I'm new here too so check out my first thread too (on "The Little Things" we want in Zelda Wii)...

One place I think you may be onto something is that with the motion plus add on there may be a lot of focus on swordplay, and AoL had the most focus on swordplay compared to any other game (natch, it was the only weapon besides spells).

I also like AoL (as a sort of experimental Zelda...just as I think MM and WW were sort of experimental). It has some of my favorite bosses: Horsehead, Gooma, Thunderbird, Shadow Link...

I don't think they will do something like AoL.
I think they will do something totally new.
I really like the zelda series, but I think it is kind of stuck in time. It's like it is never envolving.
Zelda needs some inovation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom