• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You're Going to Lie to an All Knowing Spirit Being

Should you put effort into it?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Should you at least put some effort into it? I'm just curious as to what you guys think. I was contemplating lying to an all knowing spirit owl but... Idk. Is it worth effort or should I do so effortlessly. Thanks :)

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Yes. Omnipotence is a misnomer and anyone can be bluffed.

Of course, I'd think my life was a Doctor Who episode so I'd spend all my time affecting a British accent:P :four:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If they know everything then they know the future, which in turn means effort is futile. De end.

Is it just me or does this seem like a thinly veiled religion bashing thread?
Anywho, you should put effort into everything you do except for getting women. Women love it when men don't give a ****.

Fft. I beg to differ, Xyphon.

Unless you were being sarcastic(you never can tell with text) in which case, I'm being stupid, and allow me to correct that to: I beg to differ. Xyphon.

But, that tomfoolery aside, topic. I think you should. As Terminus said, nothing is really omnipotent. But if it is omnipotent, then you should at least make it think you don't think it's a waste of time. Put some effort into the lie, and yeah, it might let you off easy.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Well you see, I'm just trying to get some information about my enemies. So how do I lie about that in a way I'm let off?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
If you're trying to lie to an all-knowing being, at least put a little gusto into it. It already knows you're lying, so at least humor him/her/it/whatever and make it not a complete waste of its time. If you just lazily lie to it, you'd probably be smote on the spot, but if you make it a lie of great grandeur it might think you're pretty funny and go easy on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom