• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Your Two Favorite Video Game Franchises Combined!

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Well, it was said that in the early development of OoT, it was supposed to follow a FPS format.
If they didn't go along with that idea then obviously, it didn't work.

S

sword kirby

Link+ kirby=
sword_kirby.jpg
I think that is the most epic combination there is

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well I have many favorites and the only ones that make sense would be Halo and Gears of War, Resident Evil and Gears of War, and Mario and Sonic.

Halo and Gears could easily be a crossover that has no canon to either series just one huge what if that takes place right after Halo 3 and between Gears of War 2 and 3. So it's like Sera could be the planet that Master Chief was nearing at the end of Halo 3 that takes place in the 18 month gap in Gears 2 and 3. So Chief lands on Sera and eventually teams up with Delta Squad. The Covenant will also invade Sera and try to destroy it(as if the Locust weren't already doing a good job of that). I would also like it to be all in third person. So what if Halo is an FPS? It could work just fine. It would be so kick a** seeing Master Chief holding a Lancer being face to face with Marcus Fenix. That, and I've always wanted to chainsaw an Elite.:)

Mario and Sonic would be so awesome, I can already imagine what it'll look like. Something happens in Sonic's and Mario's world that causes them to leave their own dimensions and into each others. Sonic goes through levels collecting stars in environments you'd usually see Mario in with the help of Mario's allies and Mario goes through environments you'd usually see Sonic in collecting Chaos Emeralds with the help of Sonic's allies. It could all lead up to an epic boss fight that features both Bowser and Eggman.

As for Resident Evil and Gears...The story would need lots of work but they do kinda work together. Both action games, third person, and bloody. It would be an epic action game. They could probably make it scary if they want to stay true to Resident Evil because the first Gears did have a very cool dark atmosphere. It was also creepy and maybe even scary to an extent. So yeah, it could work if they kept it like the first one with Resident Evil characters, zombies, puzzles, splitting up, teamwork, etc.

These are all great series and I think they can work really well together.

Last edited:
Mario and Sonic would be so awesome, I can already imagine what it'll look like. Something happens in Sonic's and Mario's world that causes them to leave their own dimensions and into each others. Sonic goes through levels collecting stars in environments you'd usually see Mario in with the help of Mario's allies and Mario goes through environments you'd usually see Sonic in collecting Chaos Emeralds with the help of Sonic's allies. It could all lead up to an epic boss fight that features both Bowser and Eggman.

I'm going to have a dream about that tonight...

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I suddenly feel like watching Super Mario Bros Z again :)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I don't know if were are combining it franchise wise or gameplay wise. Either way, can't you people come up with a little more "fitting" combinations. Zelda and Call of Duty...for real?

Some obvious ones:
Zelda + Fire Emblem
Metroid + Halo
Street Fighter + Mortal Kombat

I could seen Zelda and Fire Emblem together. That'd be really cool! Link and Ike fighting side by side to protect Hyrule and Crimea... awesome.

Super Smash Bros could join up with Final Fantasy. I would say Kingdom Hearts, but i heard that Square Enix wanted to make a SSB/Dissidia-like game for Kingdom Hearts, but Disney said no because it "didnt want it's characters fight against each other". Too much violence for Disney, i guess. But could you imagine Cloud, Squall, Tidus, Lightning, Sephiroth, etc. fighting against all the Nintendo characters? They let Sonic and Snake in, so why not?

I’ve actually gotten to experience a taste of what it would be like if my two favorite franchises combined. Marvelous Entertainment, the producers of the Harvest Moon series, created a spin-off series called Rune Factory—which is pretty much a Harvest Moon game with almost a Legend of Zelda touch to it.

Rune Factory has more elements of role-playing in it than the Legend of Zelda does, but there’s the swordplay, dungeons/caves, and it has the fantasy-like feel to it that almost every Zelda game has. I remember when I got the first Rune Factory game for the DS on my birthday, and I was really thrilled.

Even though it wasn’t designed by Nintendo, it is probably as close to my dream combination between my two favorite game series, Harvest Moon and the Legend of Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom