• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Worked at Nintendo...

A

AlucardMAXX

If I worked at Nintendo... I would make a 100% fully-customizable game, where there could be 4 main quests: a Side-Scroller Platformer, a Zelda-ish adventure in 3D, a futuristic FPS with puzzles and exploration, and a shooter in futuristic ships... Resuming, take gameplay elements from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Star Fox: Assault
Making a custom character and finding items and clothes for your character, like Mario's Hat, Hero's Clothes, Varia Suit.... etc...
It could be the epic-est game ever :D

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Well If I did I would work along with Shigeru Miyamoto. So I can help make new Zelda games get ideas for a new one. Also remake every Zelda and make them on the wii. I would make a New Zelda Wii for Zelda fans on it would be Zelda tittles from the games and with the wii Zelda games edition just for $20.00 it would be awesome I would make a new Pokemon game and with Mario

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I would make a new Star Fox game for the Wii, A new game starring Luigi, and another installment of the Yoshi's island series.

I would make a completely, original fighting game. Of course there is Smash Bros., but I want to make a game with the standard health bar, rounds, ect. with at least 16 characters with each having their own stage and theme song. I want to have combos that are hard to master, each have 3 lvl. 1 super an 1 lvl. 3 super (Like TvC)

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
I don't know Jacques about game making but I do have a lot of good ideas so I would like to be a project advisor so I could direct the team on what to do. My first project would be the portable Super Smash Bros. (a game concept very close to my heart). I would want to be there to make sure they don't screw up my favourite game franchise ever.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Well, let's see. Depends on how much power I had. If I worked for Nintendo and had the authority, my first move would not be to make a game - it would be to oversee licensing to make sure every series had a completed manga to go along with it. I would also have storyboard approval.

Seeing as this is unlikely, I'd like to be involved in the story somehow. As much as I'd enjoy working on the Zelda series, whenever I run out of Zelda games to play, I go looking for something similar. And so I'd like to make an original game to fill my void. Actually, the film Pixar is working on (the link leads to a brief plot synopsis) seems like it would be a good one to get the Zelda treatment, but different enough to give it a twist. Maybe I'd coordinate the tie-in.

Though if we're being practical, judging by my skill set (no programming or graphical skills whatsoever) - yup, I'd be working in the mail room. But at least I'd get to wear a cute little hat.

actually, i plan to work at nintendo one day. i already have two ideas for games i plan to make (one of them is zelda :)) so i'd probably be a director and later a supervisor. i'm sorry, but i don't want my ideas to get stolen, so i'm not going to discuss them (it's nothing personal, but i usually don't trust people) and maybe i can also give the other creators tips from a gamers point of view. (maybe i can give some tips on zelda one day :))

Diablo

King of Redeads
If I worked for them I would I would get into designing elements and making storylines for Legend of Zelda games.

Austin

Austin
This made me laugh! I actually applied to Nintendo for a Video Game Developer or Software Engineer! As of now, Nintendo has a copy of my resume and contact information. They don't do internships, so I'm not going to look forward for a phone call, but who knows! They may start doing internships and I'll get a phone call! I also could have got an interview working with NOA Andy, and work on developing sites for Nintendo, but I didn't live in Washington, thus no interview.

Assuming I get a job as a Game Developer, I would work on any game other then Legend of Zelda. I don't really care to know spoilers about the game. I more or less would want to work on Mario or Pokemon. Most preferable Mario, as the platform games would add new and fun challenges. With Pokemon, I would want to work on a 3D adventure game. A fusion between hand-held and the colleseum games. For the software engineering job, I may work on the operating system of the Wii 2. I have some experience working with the Wiimote, and I would like opportunity to work with the Wii itself, especially with the operating system. Finally, I would like to work with Nintendo's online gaming network. It is far from being good compared to others, and thus it has a lot of room for improvement.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I don't think Nintendo can use someone who studies biology and doesn't have any experience with game developing, but I'm an expert in bringing everyone their favorite drink from the coffee machine :P. Anyways, with my skills I will probably end up at the Nintendo Benelux help desk listening to angry moms who want a refund because their kid threw the wiimote in the tv.

Or I can replace the women that ruined the image of the female gamer at the E3 Nintendo presentation (forgot her name, but her presentation was awful). I'll get rid of that stupid 'girls only like casual games because they can't play the real hardcore games' image. That Reggie guy can pack his bags, because I'll announce the awesome games at the next E3 presentation while he can present Wii party resort or Style Boutique 2 *keeps dreaming*.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
...What would be the first game you would make? Would it be new game in a series, a remake of an old game, or your own original Idea?
Remakes of old games are nice, until you realize that the resources spent on a game we already know could have been spent on creating a new game on the same level of quality. Imagine they had just done a Gameboy remake of the first NES Zelda instead of Link's Awakening, and the problem becomes apparent. Yes, a remake would have been nice, but we wouldn't have gotten Zelda IV.
Yes, a portable Ocarina of Time is nice, but they might as well have copied the game from the Wii's virtual console to the 3DS' virtual console and given us a completely new game specifically tailor-made for the 3DS hardware.

So if I worked at Nintendo, I'd cut my teeth with sequels to old game series like a new Star Tropics for Wii or a new Kickle Cubicle or Solomon's Key for DS. And once I've got a few games under my belt, I'd start creating new games.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Nintendo should make a console rpg of some sort. There are not a whole lot of games in this genre for the Wii, and I for one, almost talked myself out of buying a Wii because of this fact. Surely, in our wondrous world of high fantasy fandom, there are more gamers who asked themselves: "Do I want to play Zelda or Final Fantasy?"

If given the chance, I'd work on it. My programming skills are less than stellar, so I'd mostly be there for moral support I guess. :)

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
1. Release Mother 1/EarthBound Zero.

2. Release Mother 2/EarthBound.

3. Release Mother 3/EarthBound 2.

4. Screw it, release them in a trilogy package with slightly updated graphics and gameplay, plus other extras.

5. Make sure you accoplish step 4.

6. Live your life happily knowing that people can now play one of the greatest games of all time.

7. Hell if I know.

8. Punch Metroid fanboys.

Did you steal my Schedule? Anyway, besides revitalizing the entire Mother series I would want to create new enemies/characters/pokemans. I'd also try to get Nintendo to forget the Diamond and Pearl games ever existed. After all that blackmail and lawsuits I think I would just sit around and order people to do stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom