• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Worked at Nintendo...

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
...What would be the first game you would make? Would it be new game in a series, a remake of an old game, or your own original Idea?

I would remake Majora's Mask on the Wii. There would be a couple of optional dungeons somewhere, greatly improved graphics, slightly longer day periods, some game mechanics from later games, add a second quest, orchestrated music, and I would take my time on it so the loading times won't be so bad and I would have a good opportunity to tweak any minor flaws.

Master

Upcoming
I would release a new Zelda Themed Wii , probably black , with the Hylian Shield and Master Sword on the Side :

_wii_zelda_mod.jpg

And Scream like a Fan Girl when i see Shigeru Miyamoto

M

Michh13

ha ha I would buy a Wii at a discounted price because I can't afford one! lol and then I would upgrade my DS then I would look at actually doing some work.... ha ha :)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
First I would get a translater.:lol: Then I would geek out!!! and finally I would offer very great idea's for Zelda and Metroid games, improve the graphics in OoT 3D and Remake Majora's Mask on the 3DS. Make another Zelda game on the 3DS that is an original that brings back toon Link. I would also check out that Zelda Timeline Document that they claim to have to see if they're nothing but liars. I would also take feed back from you guys/the fans when it comes to Zelda. I would also make that game I made up in my head that is kinda like Zelda but more realistic and darker that lets you interact with the world a lot more and combine weapons to make gadgets of today but for the old times. I wouldn't offer any Mario ideas except on those side games like Mario Kart and Mario Party, because they seem to already have him covered. And I'll also make a Smash Bros for the 3DS. They have Link, Fox, Pit, and Mario on the 3DS, so it's possible.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Well, I think working at Nintendo would be just like working at Youtube. I imagined it to be extremely fun and exciting, with lots of fun happy people. But actually, the reality is that it's sort of...boring. All of the staff just sit on their computers watching streams of code and making sure no hackers or whatever get into the system. They monitor the partner program and think of new advertising ways.

I don't actually think that many videos are watched, only if they are reported or flagged.

I think this is the case for Nintendo.
Game designers sit in their offices, type up reports, think of new game ideas and at the end of the day/week, send them to the head of department for reading and checking.

In the factory, workers print out covers, slot them into position and package the games.

It doesnt seem like an overly fun job in the offices. The only real fun part is the game testers, who are set the task of completing games multiple times and scanning over every detail, which I am sure is a fun yet tiring experience.

But, if I was a designer and got to send something directly to Miyamoto, I would reccomend a remake of MM and Link's Awakening on the wii or virtual console. I would also tell them to improve the site and the catologue prizes. Most of them suck eggs.

I would also reccomend a Pokemon game that incorporated all regions, with a customisable character and everything. One could take a boat from one region to another and catch all of the pokemon without the need to trade...etc.
It doesnt seem possible, but I can dream! :)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Seeing the way life is for me... I'd probably first go "Squee! I'm working for Nintendo!" If I were actually lucky enough to work in-house (Nintendo of America would be more likely, since if I worked in Japan, I'd be "I dont' speak Japanese, all the Japanese I know is from anime and that's not good..." ) I'd probably be a peon graphic designer. Still, that would be awesome - I'd love to design packaging, layup for game cases, advertisments, whatever. Graphic design is what I'm trained for and I've done that kind of work for newspapers - it'd be awesome to do it for a big, international company.

Of course, if I were to dream bigger --- Character design, enemy/creature specialty. I am good at designing weird animals/creatures. New stuff for Zelda, Mario.... new Pokemon - (when I was into Pokemon, I designed a few fan-'mon of my own), stuff like that.

Then, the ultimate dream would be my getting to do a game scenario and getting to create TWO of my long game-style fanfics as games. These would be "The Great Desert" and "The Rise of Evil." I'd have to have permission to screw with the Zelda Timeline, though, or explicitly state that these games take place in a slightly alternate universe.

Even being a peon graphic designer would be fun. My guy once applied to an opening he found on a job site for the Pokemon franchise - but it was hard to navigate in Japanese and Engrish and he didn't get the job, but hey, it was THERE.

Edit: After reading over Arky's post...

That would be the truth - any company has paperwork and bureacracy and general boring stuff. I was sort of getting at that with graphic design - it's just sitting at the computer working with various programs and laying up art and photogrphy provided for you. (I've worked for a couple of newspapers and those made me sick of pouring through pages and files of clip art because, lo and behold, I wasn't *allowed* to just draw or design my own graphics for clients because of legal issues - "We'd have to charge them for custom work." I'd waste hours looking for something specific when I could have spent five minutes drawing the damn thing). Still, I *LOVED* doing graphic design in a professional capacity when I was doing it, even with the boring bits. Too bad my bosses were jerks.

Oh, and I read something once about Videgomae Testers. It's not as fun a job as it sounds. Most of them find a glitch then have to keep replaying the same area/scene over and over again to report every minute detail of the glitch. - Sounded like something that would make videogames not-fun, which is sadness.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
if i worked at Nintendo i would do everything in my power to get Square Enix to give Nin full rights and all the licensings to the character Geno from SMRPG. Maybe I could open some sort of negotiations? (lol phat chance) at least that would be my sole purpose if I had it my way. Then I would begin working with the Super Smash Bros team because they get to work with a really wide scope of Nintendo's major characters. That would be the game I would like to work on the most, and I would help them develope a Super Smash Bros 3DS because at this point I really think it will happen. and I would make them put Geno in that game!

Geno_Detail_by_ProSoul.jpg

Omg Geno FTW! But, being serious, I think I would design a new, innovative game. It would be sort of like final fantasy and zelda combined. You would get a combo of future and medevial, and a pretty intense story. I think it would be fun, since I like coding things.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Well, 2 things:
1. Remake Super Mario 64 for the wii. With greatly updated graphics, more areas, and a good second quest.
2. make a good, 3D castlevania game, that is inspired by Aria of Sorrow for the GBA.

Kirino

Tatakae
First I would make a remake of Super Metroid on DS.It would have updated graphics,an extra boss,multiplayer,and some slightly changed areas.For an original game I would make a game where you get to play as two sides,Kingdom,and Demons.In the game the Kingdom and demons are at war.Each sides would have unique,colurful characters,a good story,and different events.The demons would have lots of characters too,and they wouldn't just be lifeless slobbering monsters.A good example would be like the monsters in Chrono Trigger,or the imps in Orochis lair in Okami. There would also be multiplayer,and extras.Also,on each side there would be different sidequests.Each side would last about 20 hours,not including sidequests.And it would be on the 3DS.It would have a top down view,and be made of sprites,but they would be very good sprites,and look beautiful.And for an addition to a new series,It would be The Legend of Zelda:Light and Shadow.It would be all about Link and Dark Link,and would tell about the origin of Dark Link.And the character sprites would look like Chrono Triggers,instead of all the other 2D Zelda's.It would still have a top down view though.What do ya think?

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
If I worked at nintendo the first think I would do is go around slaping people screaming "STOP REMAKING GAMES AND THE DS, YOU ARE ANGERING THE PUBLIC! ALSO COME UP WITH A NEW SERIES OF SOMETHING BECAUSE YOU ARE CAUSING PEOPLE TO GET BORED WITH THE SAME STUFF. AND WE SHOULD RAISE THE RELEASE DATE OF SKYWARD SWORD BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY THAT RIGHT NOW! ALSO I BROKE THE MICROWAVE, DONT ASK WHY..."

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
If I worked for Nintendo... well, realistically, I'd be doing something for NoA like making boxes or something.

If, on the best chance, I end up working for the big boys (Nintendo of Japan), I would probably be most comfortable planning plots and stories for games (most likely Zelda games, or maybe some other RPG). I know I wouldn't be able to code or do graphics, and I'm not very musically inclined, so that and potentially chucking gameplay ideas is probably gonna be where I do things best.

1. Release Mother 1/EarthBound Zero.

2. Release Mother 2/EarthBound.

3. Release Mother 3/EarthBound 2.

4. Screw it, release them in a trilogy package with slightly updated graphics and gameplay, plus other extras.

5. Make sure you accoplish step 4.

6. Live your life happily knowing that people can now play one of the greatest games of all time.

7. Hell if I know.

8. Punch Metroid fanboys.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
If I worked for Nintendo... (This is a dream so it is the way I want)

I would sit in a meeting room and laugh about new ideas with miyamoto and all his happy crew. We would put ideas in and make an epic game that makes OoT seem like it was made in 5 minutes. :right:

But, in reality, I would LOVE to work for Nintendo. In fact, that's exactly what I want to do when I'm older. Be a video game designer. ;)

A

AbbySciuto

If I worked at Nintendo...

I'd make the DSi Firmware more accepting of homebrew apps. Secretly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom