• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you were to make one game non canon...

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Skyward Sword, because it does its best to invalidate any sort of development for Ganon as a character while simultaneously throwing a paper thin excuse as to why it's okay to never do anything interesting with him as a character.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Idk, I've never played it, I just know I've heard that there's a game that makes Ganon dying in TP pointless and I can't have that.
Technically Ganon in FSA is just a reincarnation of Ganon.

If I had to pick just one, I'm going with the majority and picking Tri-Force Heroes being non-canon. It could fit inbetween quite a few games which goes to show it's pretty pointless; it adds nothing to the timeline and never needed to be put on it.

If I could pick more than one, Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventures I think can be kicked off the timeline with no issues. They exist very much as separate continuities and add nothing to the basis of lore that all the other games establish.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
mostly the dumb ancient robots in this medieval fantasy series
MM had stuff like that too, you know. The Great Bay temple, which is an industrial factory, shops, Milk Bar, they were pretty advanced compared to other places in Zelda

PH had a steamboat, which takes place after WW which didn’t have much advanced technology

I don’t understand why people think the trains or robots are bad. I honestly think it’s really cool to be honest, having ancient artifacts be so advanced, and adding to the world as a whole, and yet people gloss over stuff like Linebeck’s steamboat and lots of MM areas

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
MM had stuff like that too, you know. The Great Bay temple, which is an industrial factory, shops, Milk Bar, they were pretty advanced compared to other places in Zelda

PH had a steamboat, which takes place after WW which didn’t have much advanced technology

I don’t understand why people think the trains or robots are bad. I honestly think it’s really cool to be honest, having ancient artifacts be so advanced, and adding to the world as a whole, and yet people gloss over stuff like Linebeck’s steamboat and lots of MM areas
b/c then it begs the question of if civilization was advanced enough to have robots in the past, why is the rest of the series still stuck in the same primitive time period? what happened to all the ruined robot tech? I have zero problems w/ MM tech or the trains b/c they happen later, especially ST. But you're telling me in this world, people figured out how to make robots and hovercrafts and stuff in the past, and weren't able to do it again for like a million years? or whatever the gap is b/w SS and Botw

The Four Swords games i dont know i think its weird to have 4 Links clones
A Link Between Worlds i dont like the concept of Lorule i prefer the Twilight Realm as the dark version of Hyrule

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Oc....arina of Time. Yeah, I said it. If the best game in the series (save Link's Awakening GB ) weren't canon, there would be no asinine timeline hijinks. Before the official timeline came out, back in the early and mid thousands when we were all on Zelda forums that no longer exist, we would discuss how every game in the franchise up to that point could fit in the same timeline. It was during these wild west days of Zelda timeline theory that I realized that the series was called 'The LEGEND of Zelda' because just like any other legend, it takes different forms based on the culture surrounding the retelling.

In short, the Legend of Zelda is not necessarily a historical documentation of the literal events but a timeless story of a young boy's heroism colored by the individual or society telling it.

Destroy the concept of canon. Only games that should like are ones that are direct sequels of each other. So much time and discussion get wasted trying to track one timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom