• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Had a Time Machine, What Would You Do?

I`d like to pay a visit to Leonardo di Vinci. Also, I`d like to see who constructed Stonehenge.

And what he said. Visit DaVinci, he's my idol. Go to the Renaissance, get to know what it was like. I'd come home with a full understanding of it, and be the best Ren Faire participant ever. Along the above lines, meet Shakespeare! I'd get a feel for how he meant his shows to be preformed.

I might to solve some mysteries of the past, for example, I'd go back to the beginning of time and prove that religion is obsolete or that it's true that a deity created mankind.

(I haven't read all of the responses yet)

Find a point in time that's maybe a bit more tolerable for me than the present, maybe take a friend or two, leave forever, and then break the time machine so nobody else can screw things up for us, or the world. XD

Or, if I can't do that, then just break it so nobody goes back in time and screws things up. For better or worse, things turned out the way they did for a lot of reasons, and who knows how much worse things could get if somebody went back in time and decided to play God? I mean, time machines are powerful in concept - I'd hate to have something that powerful fall into potentially dangerous hands.

Personally, I'd be a lot more interested in a world-jumping machine. Tellius, here I come! :D

If You Had a Time Machine WHat Time Period Would You Go To?

The title explains it all. What time period would you go to if you had a time machine and why?

As for me I would Go back in time to December 31, 1989 to relive the 90's. the main reason is because the 90's had the greatest cartoons ever! I would also have the chance to tell myself to hand all my Nintendo 64 game cartridges to my grandmother(I lost them during Hurricane Katrina.)

Aside from the 90's I would probably go back to the fudel era Japan and get this Katana of mine fixed up. and be a samurai for a short while.

Last edited:

Dan

I would go back to the Victorian age, back when men were men, and women were in the kitchen, or in the theater. I'd love going down in those cool dark alleys ways, you know they have that really cool Victorian feel to it, homeless and sick people, and I'd be running up and down them like a sunny d schoolgirl screaming "oh my gaaaaaaaawd i'm in a victorian alley way weeeee" After that I'd go get myself a women because BACK IN VICTORIAN AGES, women wore those things that made them look like that had a thin waist and large breath, and spoke in a post accent AND were posh, not like those slutty women we have in today's worlds, always throwing themselves at me like a beyblade. i want elegance, is that too much to ask for, it just makes me sick. Oh and I would ride a horse and cart, and wear nice clothing.

Jedizora

:right:
I wouldn't go very far back. Last 100 years, tops. Any further, and there will be diseases that your immune system couldn't handle. I'd end up in jail, or an insane asylum for trying to pass off money from our time.
The problems with diseases also exist in traveling to the future, although you could make a good amount of money by selling some antiques, like the money, or a lamp.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
If I had a time machine, I'd be a Cinderella Man...

Ahem, I mean...if I had a time machine I'd likely go back in time to write a bunch of wrongs, in both my own life and the world in general.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
Everything. (Not intended wrongly)

More specificly, I'd go back in time and smack a whole bunch of people for inventing/recreating certain things.
Then I'd find out what killed the dinosaurs. Evade it like a ninja.
Meet new people. Make new friends. Meet more people.

As for what it would look like, I think it'd be like the Chronometer from the Fablehaven series.
Exept..
It would not transport me for half an hour only, and be easier to control. Oh, and no Society coming after me.

Magatha

Magatha
I would go to the 70s and 80s to go to classic rock concerts of bans I would otherwise never be able to see live, like Queen. That is the problem with being a teen who is addicted to much older music than herself...

A time Turner would be rather impractical, and I do not want to Leap like Sam Beckett because I want to have some control. I would have to go with a Tardis, because it can travel time AND space, and is basically a whole house on the inside where you can live.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Time machine? I thought we were calling them clocks these days. I mean, what would you want me to do with such a device, travel through time? You guys make me laugh.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Turo, that is not what this topic is about. It is about IF. Where would you go to IF it was possible

IF it were possible, rules wouldn't apply. Without rules, the world would be a chaotic mess. We'd all probably be dead. So darn, looks like I'm not time travelling... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom