• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild If you could take your prepping supplies you currently own/have how far would you get and how would you 'creatively' use them?

So you were dropped with Link how far would you get and would he be impressed or any of the other NPC's impressed with your prepping supplies such as The Old Man? so I wonder what you think if you took what you owned that would best aid you and the likely reactions of other NPC's and your own reactions?

For example: If you fired a rifle into a camp full of Bokoblins and people heard the gun go off or use your modern shoes,cooking equipment,portable walkie talkies for communications to each other,etc during your quest. How could you use your knowledge and tools to help Link 'cheat' for ultimate speed running in real life?

I don't think I have any such items that would prove remarkably useful for survival. I can be an outdoorsy person sometimes, but I go out more for meditative type of things, and I don't really possess the survival mindset when I'm out. Either way, I guess the only thing I have that I would bring because this is what I take with me when I go outside is my camera. And I wouldn't make it off the Great Plateau. I'm not saying I would die necessarily, but I would probably be too busy photographing warm darners to want to leave.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
agree with fraxinus, why ever leave the plateau? I'm no hero, it's someone else's job. Besides, the free climbing link does is absurd and breaks the laws of physics, same with the paraglider. I would teach the old man to play MTG and bring all my cards, as well as stuff for comfy sleeping like a quilt and pillows, plus a few changes of clothes (something that link sorely forgot)

I would bring myself, my Air rifle and my strong walking pole, my walking shoes and my waterproof coat and a lighter or a big box of matches!
Don't think I would leave the Plateau altho I would like to see if I could catch & tame a horse, would have to be a fast one to get me away from the monsters.
I would also make sure I was in a nice bed every night.

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
The funny thing about BotW is that several things you can do irl can be replicated in game. Want to use a rifle? Try bomb arrows! Need to light a fire? Forget matches, try a fire arrow or some flint. Endless possibilities. Could I bring a BotW guidebook XD? I just can't think of anything that would be very useful or not already there. So items aside, I think I would accompany Link off the plateau. Sure I could be fine on Great Plateau, but then I would always have Ganon glaring down at me from the distance. It would be cool to actually assist in saving Hyrule in a literal sense. There's no way I could climb those cliffs, but maybe I can just wait near the horse or climb on Link's back or something.

A machine gun or a 'heater' would wipe out a camp full of Bokoblins if your a good shot in just a couple of rounds. The only restriction is you need to set up the weapon prior and not be detected doing so.

How about a bazooka?
Won't they be a big pain to setup? In fact they'd fall in line with my machine gun idea and restrictions:

While I'm sure they'd be quite effective you'd have to be lucky and You'd have to make sure your not seen while preparing it. I'd go for one of these. Amazon.com : Sig Sauer We The People 1911 CO2 BB Pistol, 16 round, Distressed : Sports & Outdoors for the portability. Preferably with a silencer but I am not sure if civilians are allowed one.

Your idea would require to not be seen by the horn blower as he see's/hear's you setting up. If he hears you that could be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom