• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Rename a Zelda Game...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If I could rename a game, I would rename Skyward Sword into The Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link or The Legend of Zelda: Hylia's Quest.

Yeah, I know, both names have been used in the past. But, I think SS really screwed up because the Master Sword wasn't a focal point in the story...it was really just a "by the way" sort of thing. SS focused primarily on Hylia's plight and Link's trying to secure a ***** Zelda.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
The Legend of Zelda (NES) - The Hyrule Fantasy. Original FDS version is known as The Hyrule Fantasy: The Legend of Zelda (yes, TLoZ is a subtitle). Just swap the words.

The Adventure of Link - basically nothing, but for the official name, "The Legend of Zelda 2" sounds better than just "Zelda 2".

A Link to the Past - Triforce of the Gods. Keep the original Japanese name, because Link could mean a connection here, and "A Connection to the Past" sounds stupid.

Everything else don't need to be changed.

Last edited:
I don't think I would rename any of them just because they're all pretty good titles and they go pretty well with the games they are titled after. If I had to choose, I would Skyward Sword because I think they could've given it a little better name not because I don't like it and it's not good, but I think they could've done something a little different.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmm. I think I'd just rename the series The Legend of Link because while Zelda is apparently the legend-keeper, "The Legend of Zelda" has become more of an artefact title than anything else in some of the games. Also, people would stop assuming that the sword-bearing male in green is named "Zelda" despite it being a female's name.

Now that I've paused to think about it... someone mentioned the Japanese title of the first game "The Hyrule Fantasy" - what if all of the games were named that or something similar?

The Hyrule Fantasy: The Legend of Zelda
The Hyrule Fantasy: Link's Courage (rename of "Adventure of Link")
The Hyrule Fantasy: Era of the Triforce of the Gods ("A Link to the Past")
--> The Island of Dreams ("Link's Awakening" - direct sequels don't always have to have the proper series title).
The Hyrule Fantasy: The Time-Wanderer ("Ocarina of Time." - The original title is fine, but this might make a nice alternate)
--> The Mask, The Moon and the Hero of Time ("Majora's Mask" - title to play off a famous novel).
The Hyrule Fantasy: Beyond the Borders: The Oracles of Ages and Seasons (sorry for the colon-cancer title!)
The Hyrule Fantasy: The Era of Endless Seas ("Wind Waker")
--> The Phantom Hourglass
The Hyrule Fantasy: The Hidden World ("Minish Cap")
The Hyrule Fantasy: The Fall of Dusk ("Twilight Princess" though that title doesn't have to change...)
The Hyrule Fantasy: The Spirit Tracks ("Spirit Tracks," obviously... I like the title)
The Hyrule Fantasy: Origin ("Skyward Sword")

Not sure these titles would work, but it was fun to try to create them as alternates.

Last edited:
I actually love all the titles, I think most of them are pretty catchy and straight to the point, but if I had to change some of the names:

-Ocarina of Time--> The Legend of Zelda: The Time Lord (Link is called "The Time Lord" instead of "The Hero of Time". Yes, I stole this from Doctor Who)
-Majora's Mask-->The Legend of Zelda: Three More Days
-Twilight Princess-->The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Interlopers
-Spirit Tracks-->The Legend of Zelda: The Chancellor's Revenge (a cheesy, comical title for a comical game)
-Skyward Sword-->The Legend of Zelda: Origins

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Ocarina of Time - The Legend of Zelda: The Hero of Time
Twilight Princess - The Legend of Zelda: The Dawning of Darkness

Those are the only ones I'd want to change.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Ocarina of Time's name has always urked me ever since I finished it. While the ocarina is a key game play item, storywise it loses most of its value once the Temple of Time is open. After which, we get many "you can use the Ocarina of Time to do such and such" but only at the end does it seem relevant to whats going on in the overall story. If I could, I would rename this game The Legend of Zelda: The Hero of Time. Much more significance there. I would even choose the subtitle Sword of Time over Ocarina of Time as the Master Sword was very crucial to Link's character. Just something more relevant to the story. But I suppose with all the things that were taken out of OoT, perhaps in the original version the ocarina had more significance.

I think Majora's Mask should be named Ocarina of Time; I've always found it kinda funny that the ocarina is used more in MM than the game named after it.

But now that I'm so familiar with the whole Zelda series, I can't imagine any of them having a different name. I guess if they had always been named differently I'd feel differently.

I like most of the titles and really, aside from Adventure of Link and Link's Awakening, all of the games have been named after either a character's title 'Twilight Princess' or an item featured in the game 'Ocarina of Time'.
I kind of agree with HoT that Ocarina of Time should be referring to Majora's Mask because you use the ocarina to use time to your advantage, but then again Majora is a character worthy of having a game named after it. 'Holy god the moon has a face and is going to kill me' would have made a good title too. ;)

Really though the only title i'd change is Minish Cap. Link's hat is not a cap 'The Picori Sword/Blade' would have been a better title i think, especially since it is the beginning of the 'Four Swords' stuff, it just would have linked them all better for me.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Really though the only title i'd change is Minish Cap. Link's hat is not a cap 'The Picori Sword/Blade' would have been a better title i think, especially since it is the beginning of the 'Four Swords' stuff, it just would have linked them all better for me.

It actually can be considered a cap, but beyond that, the Minish Cap isn't Ezlo. It's the cap/hat that Ezlo made and Vaati stole that can grant any wish.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Mm into Ocarina of time

OoT into Blade of Ages

SS into Orgins

TP into Shadow Invasion

PH into Pain in the *** (JK, keep it)

ST into Keep it

AoL into nothing

WW into Hero of Winds

Random Person

Just Some Random Person

Really? That's one of my favorite titles considering that it applies so much to what is going on. Ezlo is a cap that allows Link to access the minish world... a "Minish Cap." Ezlo is also a minish whose been turned into a cap... a "Minish Cap." And then there's the evil cap that Vatti, who is a minish, wears... a "Minish Cap." Also, that same cap was made by minish making it... a "Minish Cap." And then we have the cap that was given to Link at the end of the game by his dear friend Ezlo who is a minish ergo... a "Minish Cap." All of these have significant meaning to the story, particularly when you put them all together. There's significance everywhere. I can understand how it can urk someone since some of these are technically not "caps," but I think the title has a lot more deep significance than Picori Blade... but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom