• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda If You Could Pick the Next Zelda Game, What Would It Be and Why?

Imagine yourself as a nintendo video game designer, and your assignment is to make a new Zelda video game. What would it be and Why? (besides Majora's Mask 3d) If I had to come up with the next Zelda game, it would probably be The Legend of Zelda: The skull kid's curse...... I don't really know why, but I want to know what you think? If you could pick the next Zelda game, what would it be and why?

Too many ideas.
I'd like to make a story that goes between The Minish Cap and Four Swords. A game that explains how Vaati came back to life and basically went through the Ice King's flanderization: Going from wanting the Princess to steal her power to becoming a pervert with an eye for pretty girls. It'd be like A Link Between Worlds only it'll be less like the game it follows, as in more unique bosses. Along with the shrinking gimmick, there's also a more diverse city by the Minish.
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish City

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I'd like to see a Zelda game that gives more attention to the religion(s) in the Zelda universe. Ganondorf finally wraps his head around the fact that he won't be able to conquer the Triforce. So his next plan is to steal the power of the godesses them selves and succeeds at this at one point the game as well. Ganondorf was always über powerfull and almost godlike with the Triforce of Power in his possession. But now, Link would have to fight an actual, fully powered god!

As a mere mortal he would never be able to do so. So, as the ''second'' part of the game (medaillons in OoT, mirror shards in TP, awakening the sages in WW etc.) you would have to free the godesses from their temples, so each could grant you their power. Link would get more god-like abillities after every temple and, when he releases the final godess, would be a god too. So, you would have an epic God Link vs. God Ganondorf battle in the end. Imagine Feirce Deity Link power times 10.

God, that would be epic :P

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
*clears throat*
p5949wS.jpg

Nuff said.

Attachments

• p5949wS.jpg
    p5949wS.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 0

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'd do one of two things. I'd either create a game that takes place post-SS/pre-TMC to help further explain just who the Picori are and where the Picori Blade came from. It's one of the loose ends in the series I would love to see filled the most. The other thing I'd do is create a game that revolves around the Dark Interlopers. Who are they? Where did they come from? It's a race that's only briefly touched upon in one game, and I would just love to see it expanded upon.

Those are my top two priorities. If it were up to me, I'd make a timeline that looks like this:

Prequel timeline: SS > ? > TMC > FS > ? > OoT
Adult Timeline: TWW > PH > ST > ?
Child Timeline: MM > ? > TP > ? > FSA > ?
Downfall Timeline: ALttP > OOX > LA > ALBW > ? > LoZ > AoL > ?

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I'd want to see another MM or some Oracle games.

Not that it really matters, we don't get to choose. >.>

I want a game where Tingle gets the Triforce of Power and becomes a tyrannical overlord who must be stopped. In the final battle Tingle has 5 different forms, each bigger, more menacing and more insane than the last. Near the end, in desperation after Link assumes a super powered form, Tingle fires a blast of energy which penetrates the core of the planet, making sure in just 5 MINUTES it will be destroyed. After another, drawn out battle that lasts several hours, you defeat Tingle and escape in your space pod just in time.

Of course Tingle doesn't die, he returns in the sequel as a half robot with his father to avenge his defeat, but that's a whole 'nother story.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
As AWESOME as that would be, I doubt anything like that has crossed into the minds of the Zelda developers ;)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Hm... interesting question.
More with Vaati. I posted a theory a few months back about how Vaati is still locked in the Four Sword in two timelines, so he could easily show up in one of those.
For another idea, I agree with Fierce: a sequel to Majora's Mask, maybe another quest in the real world before he returns to Hyrule and/or dies. Maybe it would end with the creation of the Hero's Shade.
And Seth? As amazing as that idea is, I'm not sure that Tingle deserves even enough respect to gain all that power. While hated villains like that have, like, 0 respect from us, Tingle has maybe -9001.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
The Legend of Zelda: Tennis Masters!!! If Mario did it, why can't Link and the gang?

Default Playable characters:
- Link
- Zelda
- Ganondorf
- Darmani
- Midna
- Impa
- King Zora
- Aghanim

Unlockable Characters:
- Sheik (that means Zelda could play against herself)
- Nabooru
- Malo (Can you imagine? XD)
- Dark Link
- Ruto

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom