• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Only Play One Non-zelda Game This Year, What Would It Be?

If you could only play one game this year, it would be...

• Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Metroid: Other M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Halo: Reach

• God of War 3

• Final Fantasy 13

• Pokémon HG/SS

• 3D Dot Game Heroes

• Mass Effect 2

• The Last Guardian

• Other (Tell me below)

• Total voters
There are so many amazing releases this year that I simply had to make this thread. I think I would have to go with Halo: Reach. It just looks incredible. My second choice would probably be Mario Galaxy 2.

I would go for Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm a bigger fan of Mario games than I am Zelda. Plus, I get to use Yoshi in the game and I also really liked the first Super Mario Galaxy.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Being a long time pokemon fan who never got the opportunity to play the second generation, I would never forgive myself if I didn't get Pokemon SoulSilver, though Super Mario Galaxy 2 is staring me in the face temptingly.

Zarom

The King
Hmm... I have to go for Mario Galaxy 2, although Metroid: Other M is a very close second. The problem is... I'm not sure if I'll like the new Metroid. I'm kind of skeptical about it. On the other hand, I loved the first Mario Galaxy on the Wii (as well as the other Mario games :)), so I think I'll truly enjoy this game.

I would say Metroid. I have high hopes for the game. I am less looking forward to MG2. I thought the first was too simple and boring. Maybe I need to give it another shot.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I would probably choose either FFXIII, (PS3 version) Metroid: Other M, (Wii) or Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. (Also Wii) I don't have a Wii, PS3 or X360 though, so the ones I mentioned have a little more to do with the console associated with them (Assuming that if I choose a game, and got it, I would get a console free with the game... :P) than the games themselves.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
EDIT: Foo. I didn't see the poll until after I posted and ranted. Anyway, read below and you'll know what I voted for.

I'm... a casual and retro gamer, methinks. I never could afford the latest systems when they came out - wind up getting things gifted to me and such, and generally spend more of my time writing and doing art... which makes me surprised I've gotten into Zelda as heavily as I have.

That said, if I could have any system in the world and a choice of one (1) upcoming videogame that's not a Zelda... I'd probably go for something upcoming for the PS3 (like I said, I'd have to get the PS3 first, and I'm poor). A friend of mine showed me the trailer for a game by the makers of "Shadow of The Colussus" (someting else I'd love to get my hands on and play). There's this game nearing completion/release called "The Last Guardian."

Now, I'm not sure if I'd have to play SoTC or Ico to understand this game - (I heard the team's games are all loosely-connected stand-alones), but.... man. The trailer showed... basically everything I've ever loved in fiction EVER. There was this young boy being guarded/companioned by this big gryphon-like creature, running around beautiful ruins.... *TWITCH SPAZ DIE!*

Anyone who knows me well, knows my original art knows that I *LOVE* gryphons. (I've written an unpublished novel where one is the main character)... I have a serious *thing* for guardian-creatures (again, that novel, and a different one that I'm working on with non-gryphon great beast guardians), I just love ruins in general... this game just looks so beautiful, and something that just hits upon things that are "me."

Either that or throw a PS2 and Katamari my way. I played We <3 Katamari at a friend's once and found that addicting and relaxing.

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well that's a tough choice. There's Mario, Pokemon, and Final Fantasy.

Now I love Final Fantasy, but I've heard that the modern main games aren't really all that spectacular.

Pokemon HG/SS is one of the greatest games ever, but they don't usually last me very long (about a week or two before I beat them).

SMG2 however from what I know is spectacular with Yoshi's debut in space, new power ups, different abilities, and basically everything that was great about SMG and some awesome beta to make a truly godly game. I think it should be obvious what I want.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Super Mario Galaxy 2 all the way.

Super Mario Galaxy was my favorite Mario game, EVER! And also my favorite Wii game EVER! I thought it was just awesome, and the 2nd one.....

1. YOSHI!!!! OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG!!! (Yoshi's my favorite Mario character)

2. Again, I liked the first one so the second one has to at least be just as good.

3. It'll give me something to play on the Wii.

Yeah, I'd REALLY WANT to play that game.

Claire

The Geekette
While I am eager for the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver, if I had to pick only one game I'd definitely choose Super Mario Galaxy 2. I expect it'll be just as fun and easily just as challenging as Super Mario Galaxy. Aside from the fact that the game is stunning visually, I certainly do not doubt that the audio will be any less beautiful than what was offered in Super Mario Galaxy (or any other Mario game for that matter). I'm curious as to see how well Yoshi fits in, whether he provides more challenge or adds a little ease to areas in the game.

I'm quite anxious for this release, though the only thing I hope for this time is a little more accuracy in the story, since there were a few flaws in Super Mario Galaxy that dealt with basic Astronomy knowledge.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Either Super Mario Galaxy 2 of HeartGold/SoulSilver. The first Galaxy game is one of the best games I've played, and this one looks like it just takes the awesome-ness to the next level. With Pokémon, in my opinion, the 2nd generation was by far the best generation, and now it's beng 'modernised' (Plus, I can actually play this version. I stopped playing Gold 'cause I didn't want the battery to die).
I will probably have to go with Pokémon in the end though. Mario Galaxy, while it looks really mazing, I'm not hyped up about it at all - Well, at least not at this point, whereas I've been psyched about HG/SS since rumors started up about them after the release of FR/LG.

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
I'm torn between WoW: Cataclysm, Halo: Reach, and Fable III. D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom