• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you could make the next Zelda game, what would it’s theme be?

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
My favorite Zelda game is Twilight Princess but I love the mixture of ideas in BOTW and the darkness of Majoras Mask, I’d make something that had a dark meaning behind it that involves masks, with a similar story to BOTW that’s intertwined with a story about unknown beings from another world, and not allow free roaming like BOTW does, because you could literally run to Hyrule Castle when You start a new game and fight ganon if you could.

How would you design Zelda?

What's this doing in general discussion?

I don't think Nintendo bothers themselves with themes in Zelda. They just take whatever they end up with.

That being said I'd like a Zelda that's a little less safe. I liked the idea of the alien invasion they had during production of BotW, so I'd probably do something like that with more of an immediate narrative.

Last edited:
I just want a darker game, (Only as light as OoT, no friendlier), with the overworld of Breath of the Wild, and the dungeons of Skyward Sword. That's it. It's all I want. I would like to see them toy with the idea of a new item type that encompasses the game, they used to do it more often with the smaller titles. Majora's Mask had masks, the Oracle games had Rings, Minish Cap had Kinstones, etc. I want to see a new item that works like those, something that might not necessarily be plot-centric, but everyone in the game is doing it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Reported for putting this in the wrong section. Enjoy your ban!

My favourite Zelda game is Twilight Princess. I like a darker themed game.

Still besides Majora's Mask there isn't really a properly dark entry.

My game would take place during a Hylian Civil war before OOT. There would be a lot of racial tension and divide between even members of the same communities, brother turning on brother as the knowledge of the Triforce being accessable came to light and of course everyone wanting it for themselves. This would worsen as the game progressed. We could have Ganondorf of course as the original threat but it can turn out the precursors to the Twili are actually serving as the main antagonists and the hero would be involved in sealing them away at the end. When Ganon says in TP 'Your people have long amused me, Midna' I always took that to mean he was their before their sealing. I can see how if they were sealed whilst he was still there to fight another day that would be amusing to him.

I wouldn't have another BoTW style game. I think that through progressing in the story the world should change and things should not be accessable at all times. I want things more linear though there should still be exploring of a large world, just that shouldn't take precedence over an amazing story. I'd quite like some time jumps like we have in OOT so we could see maybe the start of the war and then a few years in and the world will be different at each different stage.

Combat would be an evolution of Twilight Princess, you learn new skills as you progress and enemies require a specific strategy to defeat rather than just getting a one hit kill because you found some megasword somewhere. There would be weapon upgrades as you progress but no shattering of swords like in BoTW. That really spoiled the game a lot for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom