• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you could live in any era of history which would it be?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I dunno... is one period in history any less hazardous than another? I mean, as much as we complain we got it pretty darn good now.

But for me I'd probably go with the Enlightenment. Depends on where though. Despite its name The Enlightenment wasn't terribly enlightening for most people. T'was more of the usual actually. Try being in France during their "Enlightenment" and see how well you can keep your head on.

I wouldn't mind being in America during that time though. If not, England doesn't seem too bad by comparison.

The year 3000 or maybe the year 4000 or maybe the year 10000 or would it be stardate 523534.7 by then? I don't care, as long as it's a heck of a long time past 2018 then I'm in and that's where I'd go.

That's not the history of 2018, well it's the history of 2018's future and that's when I'd go.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
As interesting as certain points in history would be, I don't think I'd want to live during most of them.

I'd have to go with a more tame answer and say the 70s/80s in the same place I live now. I'd love to see what my mom's life was like as a teen/young adult. Plus I would love to be able to meet her parents. The stories she has from that time sound fun, and I've actually always wanted to experience the 80s/90s as an adult.

funnier6

Courage~
I was literally thinking about this the other day, I’m pretty sure I was thinking I wanted to live in the 40’s cause it was much easier to get a job back then and World War II is about as a epic a war as it gets and I would’ve liked to fight in it.

Ninja

Well well well
Oh so many! I would love to experience victorian London with my own eyes and especially around Christmas time. I also would love to go to 1969 and experience Woodstock.

I'm with Vanessa, I would have loved to be born a bit earlier so I can experience the music, festivals, and cultures of the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I guess I'd say the 70's for no real reason. That's just the only generation that I think I would like to live in other than my own.

Kirino

Tatakae
If I could, then I'd choose to live at some point in the future, probably around whichever year I could be reasonably confident that immortality in some form had been achieved. If not, then the present because of my familiarity with it, the benefits of modern technology, and the desire to see how the future turns out. If even that weren't allowed, then likely at the point where I would be the closest to the present.

If I really had to choose an entirely different civilization, though, then it's tricky. Periclean Athens and Ancient Rome during the reign of Augustus both sound tempting, and would allow me to witness some incredible history first-hand. America in the revolutionary period sounds fascinating for the same reasons (even if there's a chance I'd be drafted), and it'd have the benefits of increased familiarity with the culture and language. So in the spirit of the question, probably that.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
what era is shinobu-sama from

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom