• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you could know what is to come

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I made an 'if you could turn back time' thread about what you'd do/where you'd go if you could travel back into the past and given that I am rubbish at sleeping which is what I promised myself I'd be doing right now, I decided to make an opposite thread: if you could go into the future, what would you like to know/experience/see?

Now last time some people got a bit anal about time travel paradoxes etc. This is a Zelda forum so, humour me please.

I don't think I'd like to know anything about my own future life in detail, but maybe knowing if I end up with some sort of success if I stick to my current path would be good. Outside of that, I don't know; I'd like to see how humans and other animals look at future stages of evolution. Just out of interest.
I'll probably add more later when I've given this more thought :)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I'm in the same boat as Beauts. I want to have a general idea about how my future is to play out, if I continue to follow the path I'm on. Too much detail would ruin the experience of actually getting to experience it as it happens. Aside from that, I guess I want to see how the world changes, and whether earthlings ever start exploring and living in the universe outside of our planet.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmmm I'm not that curious to be honest about my own future. Maybe I'm a bit boring :P But of coure there are some things I would like to know. For instance if I would still be living in my current appartment. I love it here and I feel so at home and relaxed in my own little place but there is no elevator and I live on the top floor!!! I would like to know if there would be an elevator.

Wait...there is one thing I definitely would like to know. My mom was diagnozed with Alzheimer at a young age. I would like to know if the same could happen to me. No, I'm not worried or afraid at all. But then I can make the right arrangements to take a lot of work out of the hands of the people I possibly leave behind.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I wouldn't want to spoil anything tbh, I'd want to keep the surprise of, say, if I'd have a boy or a girl, but I'd want to know if any bad things could be avoided/made better. Some kind of accident or anything, how I could avoid that, and then I'd be golden. And knowing the lottery numbers wouldn't be so bad! :)

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
there's a big-picture implication to knowing the future - one actually has a body of evidence to prove or disprove destiny. Does your meddling with the lottery reroute the river or are you simply throwing pebbles, causing mere ripples on a predetermined course?

you get rich and solve one of the greatest and most primordial of all philosophical questions. even if no one believes you, at least you still have the money.

as to my own future, i'd learn as much as i could. i'm a firm believer that more information is always better than less.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
While I do enjoy the excitement of the unknowing in life, there are a few thing I would like too know. First off I would like too know if I ever get out of this Sarlac Pit of a life I'm in right now, which is effecting more than just me. I would like to know if my parents ever get to a point where they are proud of their son, as they had really high hopes for me, which just fell flat.

I would also like to know if my daughter ends up in a place where she is happy, and not depressed or worried about her future. This is something I worry about a lot. Sometimes I dont feel like I'm setting the best example, and am hoping I am in a much better position by the time she starts following examples set in front of her. Knowing that she turns out alright and happy, would take a lot of weight off my shoulders, and I would like to be a father to her in which every man she meets, she judges them based on how well they stack up compared to her father!

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Firstly, I'd make sure my life is aight like 10 years from now lol. Married with kids and whatnot. Secondly, I'd look very far into the future and see how amazing everything is. Oh, and I'd do G-King's idea. Millions of dollars would be nice.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
1. See who I end up with so I can focus all of my romantic efforts there and skip the heartbreak.

2. See if we managed to not blow ourselves up.

3. Win the lottery. Use the winnings to buy tickets to hundreds of other lotteries I know the outcome of. Rinse and repeat.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm not so sure I would want to know. One thing is to know that good things are ahead, but what if bad things are ahead, wouldn't knowing that shadow the good things in the now? Also I take the sliding doors approach to life, where you are shaping your path with every choice you make, and not just the big ones like what school you go to, what job you get, where you decide to live, etc.

Sometimes it can be something so simple as deciding between calling for a ride and walking home. I once considered which I should do and decided to call my dad and get a ride home. Just an every day decision, nothing special. Then I opened the paper the next day and found out that the kiosk that was in the middle of my way home (had I decided to walk) had been robbed around the time I probably would have been there (knowing myself I would have gone in, since I had some spare change in my pocket).

So yeah, I think I'd prefer not knowing too much about my personal future. I'd probably get so caught up with figuring out which decision would be "right" I'd forget to properly live my life.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
While I do enjoy the excitement of the unknowing in life, there are a few thing I would like too know. First off I would like too know if I ever get out of this Sarlac Pit of a life I'm in right now, which is effecting more than just me. I would like to know if my parents ever get to a point where they are proud of their son, as they had really high hopes for me, which just fell flat.

I would also like to know if my daughter ends up in a place where she is happy, and not depressed or worried about her future. This is something I worry about a lot. Sometimes I dont feel like I'm setting the best example, and am hoping I am in a much better position by the time she starts following examples set in front of her. Knowing that she turns out alright and happy, would take a lot of weight off my shoulders, and I would like to be a father to her in which every man she meets, she judges them based on how well they stack up compared to her father!
**** your parents, snake. If they aren't proud of you they aren't worth being part of your life. You have a beautiful daughter who you put everything into. You are a great person. Imagine your daughter doesn't fill some weird expectations of yours (expectations that shouldn't even exist). Would you cease to be proud of her? I can see how much you care about her and know you will always love her and be proud of her. Don't worry about your parents. They aren't worth your time. Put that time into helping you and your daughter.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I understand what you me, and while you have a point, I know my parents still love me and ****. I mean they prove that time and time again, just think they are really frustrated with me. I had my **** together up until i was like 23. Living with a girl them and I thought I would marry, workin a good job. Then I became addicted....well worse that I was. I have had trouble getting my footing since they help me get sober. So I guess I dont want to give off the wrong Idea, they love me, but I havent done much to make them proud. This is not on topic, I just wanted to clear that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom