• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Have Any Character in Brawl Who Would it be?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I don´t play Brawl that often but I think it could be quite fun to have Arthur from Ghosts ´n Goblins as a character. He´s quite limited regarding his movements and he can just take two hits before "becoming bones". If not excellent, at least it would be fun :lol:

B

blhand26

-Crystal from Star Fox adventures
-Wolf link and/or Midna
-and best of all the Re-Dead
They are awesome except when there screaming and sucking your then there SUPER ANNOYING and Creepy. :):):)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I have updated my list of characters and moves for them.

Maverick Hunter Megaman (that's the original Megaman). A lot of people have said they would like to see the NT Warrior Megaman, but I think that would be a waste because that is NOT the original Megaman. Here are his attacks.

-basic attacks are bunching and kicking
-B attack would be his arm gun
-hitting down and B would transform Megaman to different colors which would correspond with a new power. For example, if he was red, his B attack would be a flamethrower or a fireball. If he was pinkish his B attack would be tornados and he would move faster and be able to jump higher but his attacks would be weaker. If he was brown he would shoot rocks as a B attack, move a little slower but be a little stronger. etc...

Zero/Protoman (the original one, not the NT Warrior Protoman). His attacks would be:

-B button would be a beam sword attack
-left/right and be would be a dash attack
-up and B would a teleport attack

I also think Toad and Waluigi should be in the next game, just because Toad has always been a semi-main character and they have Wario so they should have Waluigi.

Chibirobo haha. They should have Chibirobo because they always have a couple "silly" characters. He would use like a toothbrush and stuff to attack with and have a little laser beam and his costume options would be the different costumes you can get in the game.

I think it would be awesome to have Vaati's "human" form as a character with different sorcerer powers. And Ganondorf definitely needs a sword and his own moves (rather than ripped off captain falcon moves).

OH and I just saw El Bagu's avatar and i think that one, or all of the Battletoads should be characters. If they pick one then they need to pick the one with sunglasses but i cant remember if thats zitz or rash.

Last edited:

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
OH and I just saw El Bagu's avatar and i think that one, or all of the Battletoads should be characters. If they pick one then they need to pick the one with Glasses but i cant remember if thats zitz or rash.

A bit of topic but for those of you who are curious, the toad with the glasses is Rash and he could be a good choice for a character I think. I love toads and the Battletoads are quite interesting, entertaining and "spectacular" fighters ;)

Z

Zelda fan 17

They should add a pokemon trainer with piplup grotal and infrenape

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Gee, I have a lot of choices.

Since his game is out in english now, I'd say Starfy.

Midna, DEFINITELY Midna.

Dark Samus would be a cool addition too.

And if I could put in a character thats not nintendo at all, I'd go for Starfire from Teen Titans. Wait....she was in a nintendo game....well it was for all systems....you know, Teen Titans the video game.

She'd be an awesome character for Smash Bros.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

To me especially, Smash Bros. makes a big representation of all of Nintendo's great series, and I feel some of them are a little bit under-recognized - as in, they don't contribute enough characters made playable in Brawl. (Assist Trophies and Boss Battles are good ways to shove a few more in.)

Metroid
is a great example here, as it is one of Nintendo's best and most popular series, yet the only character from it who's playable in Brawl is Samus. I understand she is usually the only character in most Metroid games (aside from bosses that really CAN'T be made playable), but some of the newer games like Metroid Prime Hunters and Metroid Prime 3 introduce other bounty hunters - and we already know Metroid: Other M will have a few more characters. Metroid Prime 3 was released a bit too late during Brawl's development, so it contributes nothing, and Hunters isn't distinguished enough, so that's a good excuse to include no other Metroid characters. It does emphasize the "loneliness" well. I expect to see more of them (likely other hunters) in the next Smash Bros. game, though.

F-Zero is another series that's a bit under-represented character-wise. Captain Falcon is the only one. It's not their most popular series and does seem to be fading, but it's heavily centered around its characters and has many to contribute. It's at least fair to see some of the original four from the SNES F-Zero. (The other three being Dr. Stewart, Pico, and Samurai Goroh.)

The EarthBound/MOTHER series isn't terribly underrepresented (at least, as far as this game goes - it even has a boss), but there's ONE more character that I feel must bee here if Ness and Lucas are: Ninten. If they have the main heroes of MOTHER 2 (EarthBound) and MOTHER 3, then it's only logical that the main hero of MOTHER 1 should play a part, even if he does happen to be Ness's paralell. (As a side note, I don't know why they had Jeff as the assist trophy.)

Pikmin could maybe use more characters. I know there's some other little buddy with Olimar in Pikmin 2 who could also be here, though I forget his name (Louie or something like that?). I haven't played any Pikmin games, so I don't really know the emphasis on other characters or how well they would fit in Brawl. It very well could be that having just Olimar works perfectly. Maybe it also has that theme of being "alone" like Metroid does, but a little different seeing as you have the Pikmin (in both Pikmin and Brawl.) It might be emphasized more, too.

Animal Crossing has no playble characters in Brawl, but they do have their own stage. This is a different story, however. This is one case where it's appropriate to have so few (zero) characters, as it helps reflect the nature of Animal Crossing, as it doesn't involve any sort of fighting or even characters being enemies.

A few of the series with only one character still find it appropriate because of how old they are. Ice Climber and Kid Icarus were made back when games had few characters. The hero and the main villain were usually the only characters who fought at all, and the main villain was usually some huge beast that wouldn't fit comfortably as playable in Super Smash Bros.

R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch are both from their own thing, but neither is really a series or a single game as much as it is hardware - so, naturally, neither of them came with a whole host of characters. Their roles in Brawl would be ruined, or at least damaged, if other characters from the same "series" were included. Likewise, other Metal Gear or Sonic the Hedgehog characters would ruin Snake's or Sonic's role (respectively) as cameos in Brawl.

So, some more characters would be nice for many of the series, while some that are low in numbers don't really need any because the character is meant to be distinguished, or was simply the only character from that series.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
FREAKIN' JILL VALENTINE. <3 <3 <3 Yeah, she'd be great. Not only does she kick butt in Resident Evil, but she was cool in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes as well. But she'd have to be the short-haired, perfectly-figured hotness version, not that nasty crap like in RE5 *yuck*

If another Fire Emblem character was added, it'd have to be Lyndis. Chick was amaaaaazing. Only problem is her less-than-modest clothing design... it'd have to be altered to keep people from taking too-revealing screenshots.

And Sephiroth. YES I SAID IT. He's like... almost as crazy as Kefka, but not quite. But he makes up for it with his incredibly delicious looks and fabulous costume design. We'd get another swordsman, and perhaps some of his oh-so-awesome moves.

Given SSBs controls, Ryu from Street Fighter. He would be alot easier to use due to there not being the requirement of button combinations to do his special moves.

B -- Hadouken

Up B -- Shoryuken

Side B -- Spinning Kick thing

Down B -- Ground Spin Kick

Final Smash -- Giant Hadouken

EDIT: Geno would also make a good character.

My moveset for him

B -- Handgun

Side B -- Geno Whirl

Down B -- Spins cape to reflect projectiles

Up B -- Shoots Star Gun downward to propel upward also mkes a better attack than a meteor smash downwards.

Final Smash -- Geno Flash

Last edited:

Zarom

The King
I think Skull Kid would be a great character. He could blow things with his flute like in OOT or he could put on the Majora's Mask. :)

Another one would be Tingle, he has his own games, he appeared in some Zelda, so he is a principal character as well. He would also have great moves, like his balloon and his bombs, etc. :)

Banjo & Kazooie woul be one of the greatest cahracter. :)

Megaman would be great too. :)

And maybe other people from the Donkey Kong series: like King K Rool (I think he is already there, but not sure), Cranky, Funky, Candy, etc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom