• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Have a Million Dollars, What Would You Do with It?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Secure myself financially, put some money away, then book a ton of conventions, bring along some friends I know really wants to go, but can't afford to. Then find ways of treating the people I love to things without hurting their pride or the balance we have in our friendships.

ILU

i luv u
A million? I'd invest, but not in stocks. I'd buy some nice houses- one for myself, and one or two to rent out to an upper-middle class crowd. Wouldn't need to work. Could do whatever.

Skunk

Floof
I would exchange my million dollars for a more practical amount of currency; perhaps 200000 5's.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Put it in a nice mid-yield mutual fund that netted 5-8% on investment. That's $50,000 per year on interest, which is more than I currently make in a year.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Save some for college and other important things, save some for other things I may need to buy, and spend the rest on a 3DS.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I think what I'd really, REALLY do with that much money is use to make the world better.
I can think of many things I could change. And maybe I would become THE LEADER OF THE WORLD, because the world would side with me.

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
I would probbably do alot of drugs and other things just for fun, and I would realize that I F'ed up when there will be 100$ left.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
First, I would buy my house. A modest house, somewhere quiet, definitely out of the state I live in now. Quit my current job and move into it as soon as I'm able.

After that, it would depend on where my family is in life. My parents are pretty set, my dad was very wise with their money (my mom, not so much, but my dad's planning helped cover for her, too). I wouldn't give them any money until they needed it - if they had a freak accident and couldn't work, or were retired and something happened they hadn't counted on, and were having trouble financially.

And for my sister - again, it would depend on where she is in her life. Is she working and getting by? I'd treat her to the occasional outting that she wouldn't be able to go on otherwise. Maybe get her something really nice for her birthdays (not like cars, but she's really into make-up, so maybe some really good brands she can't afford). If she's struggling financially? Help her make ends meet once in a while. I wouldn't pay all her living expenses, and I wouldn't give her much help at all if I saw she wasn't even attempting to work things out for herself, but I'd be happy to lend a helping hand if she really is trying.

My few close friends? I would treat them the same as my sister.

Other than that, I'd buy some quality furniture (nothing extravagant, just stuff that's really nice and will last my lifetime) and otherwise save it. I would have a job wherever I move to, for living expenses, but I wouldn't worry or stress out over my job. I'd probably work at a grocery store, or the library, or maybe in a school. Something low key.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
pay off my moms bills, my sisters truck and furnish my house. then I would put some away for my niece for when there is an emergency or when she goes to school. the rest? i'll figure that out when it happens lol.

H

Hoju

Pay off the mortgage, the car, maybe buy a larger house. I'd quit my job and enjoy spending more time with my family and enjoying my hobbies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom