• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Hack Life

I'd have time-hacking abilities, so that I could travel to any point in the past as many times as I desire. With this power, I'd change the lives of those around me - as well as my own - in a variety of positive ways. This ability entails a way to reverse any event as a fail-safe mechanism in case anything goes awry.

My second hacking ability would revolve around manipulating all the vagaries of matter and space. This would include shape shifting into any form, creating fantastic feats of design architecture out of thin air, and mending broken bones, torn ligaments, etc...

My last ability would involve the hacking of the mind of animals and humans. I'd use it for a variety of reasons, all of which will have a positive effect on said beings. I'd enter the dreams of others with this ability, and try to find out ways to improve their lives...

As you might have noticed, my life hacking ability consists of manipulating time, space, and the mind, but there are downsides and limitations. My time manipulating ability does not allow for time travel into the future. I'd only have the ability to return to the present... My second ability would be cannot be used in conjunction with time hacking, as the implications of spatial disruption are far too great, even for my time-reversing measure. My last ability might caused madness if overused; peeking into the minds of certain people could lead to a host of mental disorders on my behalf, as well as cause a mental overload from the amount of data being received... There are numerous other factors to consider, most of which can be mended using time reversal, but even that has its downsides...

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
If I could hack life or reality or whatever, I'd just want a way to be able to record my dreams and watch them again, like a movie. Some sort of technology or something? Don't know how you'd do it, but it'd be awesome if you could. That, and maybe some sort of way to manipulate time/space so I could see the universe and travel through time (there's a whole world waiting out there, so why not?)
And for a 3rd one, I'd want to dissolve all of the countries. So there were no divisions, no leaders, just one world. Preferably without religion, too, because I find that separates us too much and really all I want is for everybody to just get along and appreciate the world we have.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
1. Empathy Bomb - I'd like to make it so that, for a few minutes or a few days (as long as it takes) everyone in the entire world feels the emotions and thoughts of everyone else, and essentially lives everyone else's life for a little while. (I did something like this in a novel I wrote and need to edit, original writing project). I can't guarantee that this wouldn't make everyone insane and / or suicidal, but I think if we all understood *really understood* what makes each other tick - how and why we believe the way we do, what we feel and why, maybe we'd treat each other better and stop condesencing to one another. Maybe all this "everyone must be my beliefs/non-beliefs/my-tastes/my-level-of-intelligence/my-this/my-that" CRAP. We'd all finally know, intimately the *whys* of each other and hopefully, stop hiding fangs behind our smiles in our dealings.

2. Become an animal - preferably a cat. I'd like to live the life of a housecat, perhaps even with the mind of one because they don't ever seem to worry about *anything.* No existential fears or even worries that the fat human isn't going to feed them. A cat doesn't worry about its place in the world, it just is.

3. No Bathrooms. I think it would be cool to make the world like most videogames in that you never need to elimiate wastes and you don't ever have to throw up. I just think it would be awesome to *never have to pee again.* This is one thing that would be awesome for everyone, right?

4. Bonus Round: - My one hack that I sometimes wish I had on one of my bad depression days? The ability to ELIMINATE EXISTENCE ENTIRE. I mean... my philosophy right now is "existence is pain, but it has its bright spots sometimes." When I'm feeling really bad, I feel like it's just pain. The reason I gave the cat-thing above is that sometimes, I wish I didn't *think* as much as I do. The world feels pointless sometimes, I could see a me with godlike powers just taking that to its ultimate conclusion. This isn't a power I really want, so that's why it's only "Bonus." It's more like what would really happen if people had reality-hacks, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom