• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda If You Could Give Link a *Proper* Character, Who Would You Choose?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
First off, I'm not saying Link is completely devoid of any personal characteristics; however I think it's fairly obvious that, for the most part, Link's personality isn't exactly at the forefront.

So I would like you to imagine that Link, this time around, is a fully fledged-out character - just your average movie/book/game protagonist. Basically my question is: if you could choose a character, separate to the Zelda series, to be the personality of this new Link who would you pick and why?

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Josh Power Z. Self explanatory.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Hmm I'd say something along the lines of Ike from Fire Emblem. They are similar, both are heroes who rose from humble beginnings, only difference is Ike wasn't part of a prophecy like Link usually is. He was a mercenary that got caught up in a war that didn't concern him at first, a guy on the villains' side killing his dad among other things made him decide to take action. At the end of the game he's a hero.

I can easily see Link having a personality like Ike's. Loyal to his friends, a hero but doesn't want people to bow down to him, maybe a bit blunt at times.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Tricky one I think. What little he's been portrayed with in Zelda, I picture Link as being very brave and selfless, very much akin to any stereotypical 'hero', but with a bit of a cheeky side to him. In Wind Waker I feel this was show-cased, especially in stuff like that original trailer when he was running away from enemies and winked at the camera, and in TP how you could swing your sword around after defeating an enemy in a show-off fashion. So thinking of a character who he'd be like in how I view him...

Maybe like Garrus from Mass Effect, but a bit less snarky. Garrus is loyal and compassionate, brave, and is reliable in getting results and helping others in the process, doesn't just give up when something's difficult, but he's still got this air of confidence and a slight cheek to him that I think would fit Link's character well. There's probably a lot more characters but that's the first that sprung to my mind.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
TREVOR PHILLIPS FROM GRAND THEFT AUTO 5! Minus all the killing, of course.

I'm not going to lie, even though Trevor's persona completely antithesises everything that Link usually is, this would actually be pretty interesting to see. Of course it would be a very edgy, dark humored game that would have no possibility of happening in the near future, but I'm for it, lol.

D

Deleted member 14134

Kratos from God of War. He kills anything that gets in the way and always gets the girls.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
...I don't know. See, I have this idea of Link's character in my head, I just haven't matched it to a character from something else yet. See if anyone else has an idea.

First of all, he's extremely kind-hearted. He'll always make sure a person's OK if they need help or even just look down, and he'll do anything to bring a smile to a friend's face.

Second of all, he's very lax and calm. That attributes to the laziness he's been shown to have in most of the recent games' openings. If he doesn't have a task or mission to worry about, he ain't gonna worry. He just keeps that chill smile on his face, spreading his calm to the people around him.

But he still has that serious side, the one that will fiercely protect anyone being hurt or treated unfairly. He'll jump to the rescue of anyone who needs help, be it friend or foe. Unless it's monsters, of course, since they're always the cause of trouble. Super strong sense of justice, and very protective nature.

There are little differences between different incarnations, like SS Link I imagine is kinda awkward, OoT/MM Link is more innocent, WW Link is a bit more impulsive, etc. But that's the basics up there. Anyone know a character like that, besides Link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom