• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Erase One Behavioral Characteristic About Yourself, What Would It Be?

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
My shyness, nervousness, whatever it may be. Way more often than not, it stops me from doing things that I want to do.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I honestly like myself as a person for the most part, and I probably wouldn't feel like myself anymore if I had to erase a characteristic of mine. However, there is one thing about me that I dislike; my social anxiety and my tendency to be overly shy in social situations. That has impeded me from doing things more times than I can count in the past, and it's done nothing but hold me back. It's something I've been trying to work on for a long time now, but it isn't easy. Despite how much I struggle with it, though, I'm not sure I'd just up and get rid of it. If I have to change, I'd prefer to do it with my own strength, otherwise I wouldn't be in control of who I am. And who I am is very important to me.

Beeker

Wild Card
I'd like to fix up my nervousness/shyness/lack of self esteem. It's been getting better, but it's still tough in some places. If there's anything I'd wanna erase? Definitely my tendency to worry over the smallest of details and concerns. I often blow things out of proportion and burst into a stressed/depressed mood, even over something like a lost item! The past couple weeks have been hell because of it, and it feels horrible to deal with sometimes. x.x

If there's one thing i would change about myself it's definately procrastination... i literally put everything off to the last second. (I had to clean my dorm completely spottless, pack, move out to my new house, get my room inspected, pack for a two week trip back home and go on a 6 hour drive all in one day... why because i didn't do any of it unil the day of my trip...)

also clingyness... i texted my boyfriend 7 times since he last texted me...... ...i'm pretty sure that's not necessary.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I would erase my inability to go up to somebody and just start a normal conversation. I'm always so shy around people, even close friends, and I can never find the words to just start a natural conversation with. It's even harder for me to ask somebody for help because I hate burdening people with my problems and I'm worried my asking for help would make me look needy.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Does laziness count as a behavioral habit? If so, then yeah, I'd get rid of that as it gets in the way of a lot of stuff.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I think you should think about that again, some people find anger sexy, I must admit I've always found it pretty sexy myself when you get angry, but that's a topic for another day.
Sadly I have no flaws, I spent quite a lot of time and couldn't think of one, so I guess i'm one of the rare few.
Gees I noticed it not earlier than now :P You know my temper Danny boy :P

Another thing I would erase or delete is my urge to always do things perfect. I can get mad at myself for always want to do better in graphics while I should be satisfied with the things I achieved

Sweets

the lone swordsman
currently nowhere or time for that matter
That is a vary hard question I can't just chose one thing so I will try to make this as short as possible.

Well for starters I am possibly the biggest jerk ever. Next we have self esteem, witch I have non of. After that we have me being sky and untrusting of anybody, and last but not least i am lazier then a sack of potatoes.

It's tough to pick just one trait to get rid of... I have more bad traits than good ones, in all honesty. :P If I was to pick just one trait to get rid of, it would be my pride. In the past, I never really thought of how prideful I was as a kid, or how arrogant. Especially when people would tell me, "You have low self-esteem!"

They were wrong.

It's quite the opposite, in fact. Deep down, I'm convinced that my way of doing things is the RIGHT way. My way of thinking is the CORRECT way to think. So when people criticize me, or say or do anything that challenges that idea, I get really upset. Like, REALLY upset. I complain that they're the ones that are wrong, or I complain that I wasn't told right to begin with, or I throw a fit and become despondent. Thus, I have a hard time improving as a person. On a thinking level, I know I'm wrong and I need to accept criticism, but I hate hearing it, or thinking about it. :E

Now, if I could pick other traits to get rid of, I'm horrible at articulating my thoughts, and I have horrible social anxiety, making it even harder to articulate my thoughts to people, particularly boys. So, I'd get rid of those. And I also have bad ADD, and I have anger problems. Laziness is also a HUGE vice for me, as well as procrastination (or is that redundant?). And I eat way too much.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I wish I had the ability to just take a deep breath and move past something that pisses me off. I'm very argumentative and it's like I can't help myself.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
My cowardice when it comes to social situations. If any trait has messed me up the most it is this one, I'm surprised it hasn't killed me yet. I have a horrible inability to go up to people to ask for help, in fact I don't think I ever have asked someone for help. I've found myself backed in a corner and I don't know how to get out, but I can't bring myself to ask how to get out of it. I'm failing classes in school, I need to get a job, and both of those thing seem impossible to me because I can't see myself asking people for things because I already know that I'm not worth their time.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
There are times when I get easily annoyed at something that shouldn't annoy me. That's what I would get rid of. I'm actually working on dealing with it better, but that problem has been in me since I was a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom