• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you could choose only one, which would you choose and why?

which would you prefer?

• Fully customizable

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • basic customization, still "link"

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • characterized somewhat like WW or SS

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • totally characterized, like Cloud in FF7

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Fully customizable // basic customization, still "link" // characterized somewhat like WW or SS // totally characterized, like Cloud in FF7

I'm curious to see which change would be preferable moving forward

please no flaming the options that you don't like and no flaming link's current characterization
we've heard it before :)
this isn't the thread for it :)

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Basic customization, but he's still Link. I like the world and relationships being open to my own imagination and interpretation, but Link is a staple of Zelda.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I would prefer it if link became a total individual. I don't mind so much when my avatar does something that I wouldn't do; it's kind of something I've just accepted as part of video games, especially RPGs. Just please no voice acting

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'd prefer a fully customizable MC, since I've never personally seen Link as my connection to the worlds of Zelda anyway. That's not a knock on him. Just my personal experience.

If Nintendo really wants us to have the MC of Zelda be our way of connecting to the world, then go all the way. Make the hero/heroine fully customizable.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'd prefer a fully customizable MC, since I've never personally seen Link as my connection to the worlds of Zelda anyway. That's not a knock on him. Just my personal experience.

If Nintendo really wants us to have the MC of Zelda be our way of connecting to the world, then go all the way. Make the hero/heroine fully customizable.
Use the BotW Mii maker

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
Considering i tend to think a lot about translating Zelda characters into actual fully realised characters, bring on proper full on characterisation for Link

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Basic for me!! I love customisation, ill sit in a character creator for about 5 hours and plod around in terrible armour if it makes me look absolutely slamming :3 but Link's Link. he's hardly a full cup of personality , but I still like him. So i'd be happy with us given a Link that's sort of like a mr potato head and we can just stick stuff everywhere but it's still Link underneath

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I wouldn't want Link to be a fully customizable character. As much as the series wants you to put yourself in his shoes, he has been and hopefully always will be Link. As much as they screw up on giving him a personality sometimes he's still his own character, always with his own feelings and motivations. If anything making him a fully customizable "build-a-hero" would take away from the personality and story even more, since your character couldn't have a personality of their own in the game seeing as they're supposed to be you. SS and WW did really well with that, you can see Link's personality and fears and goals in everything he does, despite him not having dialogue. Fully Cloud would also be bad, since then the player couldn't relate to them at all as being an extension of themselves (if that makes since). There needs to be a balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom