• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Automatically Learn Eight Languages, What Would They Be and Why?

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Me personally, it would be these:
1. Italian: Want to live there. So much.
2. Greek Same as Italy.
3. Japanese
4. Han Chinese:
5. Faarsi : Would love to live/travel to Iran. Why? Persia. Persian Artifacts *drools*
6. Arabic
7. Russian: It sounds freaking awesome.
8. Armenian: Would love to live there.

Patch

Party Pooper
1.Italian is probably my number one language. It's so.. seductive. Love it.
2. Gaelic - no idea why.
3. Japanese.
4. Latin.
5. French. (ugh.)

That's pretty much all I want to learn.

1. Mandarin Chinese - It's probably gonna be the national trade language in about 10 or so years. It would be useful to know.
2. Spanish - Useful because I live in the United States. If you didn't know, the United States has a huge immigration issue.
3. Japanese - More so learn how to write it it then speak it, but I guess it's all the same. I think the writing is so eloquent and beautiful I'd love to know what all those symbols mean.
4. Italian - I'm 100% italian. I already know a lot of it because my grandparents speak it fluently so it'd be easy and nice to know it because it's my heritage.
5. French - I live in the United States. If I whent to visit France and I could speak their language maybe they wouldn't think im so arogant and stuck up :P.
6. Russian - Like Ganonsly said, it sounds cool.
7. African - I know that's not a language. Africa has about 50 native languages in all of their countrys so I would like to know all of them. If you want to me pin me down and ask me which one in particular, I'd probably choose Swahili.
8. Aborogine - I'm not sure if the native tribes of Australia call their language that, but that's what I'm calling it for this post. I find the Aborgini people interesting and love to learn more about them through their toungue.

1. French
2. Russian
3. Dovah
4. Japanese
5. Chinese
6. Italian
7. Latin
8. Spanish

I'm too tired right now to give reasons.... I might edit this to have them, though.

Pretty much in this order.

1 Hmong (My Wife is Hmong, and I would like to be able to communicate better at family gatherings)
2 Gaelic
3 Japanese
4 Spanish
5 German
6 Chinese
7 Italian
8 Sign Language

M. Bulteau

Composer
Well... I already know Portuguese, French and English...

1- German
2- Latin
3- Swedish
4- Italian
5- Russian
6- Mandarin
7- Japanese
8- Gaelic

No particular order. The reason is the same for all of them: So I can speak more languages.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Why eight? Eight seems like a pretty odd number, but lol I guess that's just me. Knowing nine total languages is a pretty neat talent, and can certainly land you great opportunities. I would start with Latin. Yes, Latin, the dead language. In addition to the pure historical aspect of Latin, many languages have Latin roots, and I believe it would be easier to learn some languages when you have a background in Latin. I would also like to learn Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. English, Spanish, and Mandarin Chinese are the top three most spoken languages in the world, last I heard. Naturally, this would not only be very convenient for anyone who'd like to visit a Spanish- or Chinese-speaking area, but it is also great for business and finances as the United States has many relations with Chinese industries. Building on that, I would imagine Japanese would also be a great language to learn. The U.S. trades with Japan for much of its technology, so Japanese would also be great on a business level. Besides that fact, I've developed quite an appreciation for the Japanese and their culture since I played Okami. Still maintaining practicality, I would also learn French, considering that Canada, a huge partner of the U.S., is mainly English- and French-speaking.

With my remaining three choices, I would pick languages that would simply be fun to know. Greek stands out as one such language. I love Greek mythology, and Greek characters just seem plain ol' cool to me. I would also like to learn Arabic because Middle Eastern culture interests me, and when watching shows with scenes set in Arab countries (such as N.C.I.S.), it would be cool to be able to understand the characters without having to read the subtitles they provide. Finally, with my last pick, I would choose Russian. Russian culture isn't one of my favorites (though it does still interest me). My reason for picking Russian is probably a pretty petty one: One of the bands I used to listen to has an entire rap written in Russian, and it would be neat to be able to understand it. :bleh:

So...

1. Latin
2. Spanish
3. Mandarin Chinese
4. Japanese
5. French
6. Greek
7. Arabic
8. Russian

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
1. Spanish(family speaks it)
2. Greek(scientific/medical reasons)
3. Latin(scientific/medical reasons)
4. Japanese(love anime)
5. Mandarin Chinese(heard it's difficult so it'd be like an achievement in the sort)
6. Arabic(impress my mistress; don't ask)
7. Russian(you've vot a vovlem vith vat?)
8. French(anything in french sounds sexy)

You can send me a private message if you wanna know more about #6

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
1) Latin - useful for understanding the basis of other languages plus it's dead so it's bragging rights
2) Italian - I like it
3) Japanese - ANIME :yes: <3
4) Russian - Awesome
5) German - I wanna be an engineer so this would help
6) Mandarin Chinese - Highest fluency rate in teh world
7) Klingon - Startreck/Geek lols
8) Elvish - Lord of the Rings/Geek lols

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
8 seems like a lot more languages than anyone ever really needs, unless they're some sort of world traveler in which case it is way too few, but eh, lemme think.

1: Mandarin Chinese - It's the language of my birth country and I've forgotten most of it. Shame really, makes it very difficult for me to communicate with my extended family. It also makes me feel like I'm an uneducated hermit whenever people ask me about my culture :/
I intend to start studying it again come next year in college so all should be good...I hope.

2: Japanese - No, not learning it for anime lol. I'd want to learn it just because Austin is learning it, and he keeps teasing me in Japanese and I want to know what he's saying to me :<
That, and I consider Japanese to be one of the prettiest languages to sing in. It just seems to sound objectively better with music than a lot of other languages I've heard.

3: Cantonese - A great deal of Chinese people know Cantonese in some form since it's such a widely spoken language in several areas in China.

4: Latin - I feel like it would help me with some of the memorization of obscure names I do in a few of my bio classes. It's more a "I'm curious about this dead language" deal than anything.

5: Spanish - Too widely spoken in the Americas to ignore.

6: Italian - Have a few Italian friends. Just want to be able to understand them sometimes.

7: German - Lived in Germany for a year at some point. Kinda curious.

8: Hebrew - Austin spoke some to me once. It was weird ._.

Austin

Austin
Japanese - I speak at a conversational level already so I suppose I'd like to become fluent. I'd also like to memorize the rest of those stupid kanji. =(
Mandarin Chinese - Xindi makes me feel stupid when I can't pronounce Chinese stuff right, so I'd like learn it just to confuse her.
Hebrew - Always felt bad I didn't really put much effort into this when I had the chance. Seems interesting enough.
Latin - Dead language but it's cool. I can sound all academic and stuff if I use latin terms in random conversation.
Russian - Just because.

Korean, Cantonese, and Indonesian would be cool to know as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom