• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda If You Could Add Anything to a Future Zelda Game, What Would You Add?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Talking about picking up enemy weapons in The Wind Waker yesterday in the Shoutbox reminded me of how much I really hope that comes back in a future game. It was really fun seeing Link use a weapon other than his sword, espcially when those weapons had different properties, like how the Moblin spear could knock him off balance. Something like that would be good to have back.

Alternately, why not just give Link a wider range of weapons? Start him off with a sword but then let players choose to carry an axe instead, or a hammer, or a spear. Instead of just a bow why not give him a crossbow, or some throwing knives? Go a step further and incorporate some viable attack magic to bolster his options in combat. Using more than just a sword would be pretty fun, as well as let people play how they want to a bit more. Options are good. More of those, please.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I'm not sure if you've gotten around to playing ALBW yet, Axle, but

the Dark Palace and a section of Lorule Castle do just that.

I'd like to see online multiplayer in future installments. Phantom Hourglass' online mode was one of my favorite things about the game. I became quite good at it trying to earning all the big plays. In fact, I thought it was funner than the main game.

People say that Zelda is predominately a single player adventure, and I definitely agree. But an online multiplayer mode could add more value and longevity, especially with longer waits between console games. The series could cater to cooperative and competitive crowds with coop through the main quest and a duel mode expanding on what Nintendo offered with ALBW's Shadow Links.
Dont forget the graveyard/sanctuary cave in lorule and hyrule that use the lantern

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Changing of the seasons, depending on how long you take to beat the game and random weather changes just like in Twilight Princess.

I know this probably won't be popular but, I'd like Vaati to be a villain in a 3d Zelda game. Also I agree with Sroa Link, I really like when you can choose the order of the dungeons you play through. more dungeons!!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A magic meter with extensive RPG elements that change Zelda from the genericism of modern Z to a truly great series akin to the first four games of Star Ocean.

Sheik

:the:
Maybe my main thing would be plot. Now, before you bring up the "Story doesn't matter, gameplay does" rant, let me explain.

I think a great example of this is Majora's Mask. The story and characters interactively affect the gameplay. I'm not talking about something like the Triforce of Courage splitting apart and Link having to go get the pieces, no. That only drives the gameplay of Link finding the Triforce pieces. I'm talking about Link having to stop the moon from destroying the world in three days. That actually shapes the gameplay to be what it is. What I mean is, finding the Triforce shards doesn't transform the gameplay, they're just there at the end of dungeons for you to collect (or, in WW, lying around in the bottom of the ocean). In MM, the "impending apocalypse" shapes the game because without it, the game would not, at all, be what it is.

Besides, MM has a pretty special plot anyways. It somewhat centers around Skull Kid, who is honestly a very understandable character, and one who is tragically transformed by Majora's Mask. Oh, that reminds me. Character development. We need more of it.

So yeah, plot influencing gameplay more (although I suppose some of the games sort of do this, i.e. becoming a wolf in TP. But even, out of this, MM does it the best because of how greatly it inflicts the gameplay.) And maybe not just that, but just up the plots in general. I don't want another "Something happens, get three relics or artifacts, something happens, get more thingies, something happens, end of game". The events of the plot need to be more apparent and smoothly paced out.

Yeah, enough of plot. What I also want, taking a page from Xenoblade, is a much larger, deeper, detailed and explorable overworld. And maybe a deeper combat system. And more customization of Link, getting to choose his clothes, weaponry, etc.

So that's what I want for Zelda Woo.
...Was I just supposed to pick one?

I would love to see a game where the different races are playable characters. A "create your own hero" type deal...with Link already being the established savior of Hyrule, you get to embark on an adventure to save him maybe. :3 It's kind of an odd idea but I think it would be cool...

I thought of one more thing... Link and Zelda are both children when they meet in OoT, right? What if Ganondorf were their age too and they all happened to meet each other as kids? Or even grew up together? It would be quite dramatic then if Ganny breaks his friendship with them in order to pursue power. It's an idea I've had for awhile for a new LoZ game. All three triforce bearers started out as childhood friends. :3

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Some sort of Crisis of Infinite Earths thing where all the timelines are combined into one through improbable circumstances, but in the end are left with one timeline that we can make sense of. This would make things much easier for us fans and allow us to understand things better. These alternate timelines will hurt any detailed story development for the franchise as a whole. It worked for DC, and it can work for us.

Wow... I can't believe someone else has the same idea as me

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I want to see a Ruby Sapphire remake in the next Zelda game :rolleyes:

Butnosrs I really want to see fishing return. Am I the only one who enjoyed the fishing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom