• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda If You Could Add Anything to a Future Zelda Game, What Would You Add?

If you could add anything to a future Zelda game, what would you add?

New locations, new gameplay mechanics, new characters, or whatever you think of, etc.

Also, please use spoiler tags if you are going to say a spoiler

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Linearity if it's not already there. If it is, then a small versus mode: FFA, last man standing, split screen, traditional game combat.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
FREAKIN' VOICE ACTING AND ONLINE MULTIPLAYER! AND FREAKIN' REALISTIC GRAPHICS AND AND EPIC, DARK STORY THAT STILL HAS HUMOUR IN IT!

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Some sort of Crisis of Infinite Earths thing where all the timelines are combined into one through improbable circumstances, but in the end are left with one timeline that we can make sense of. This would make things much easier for us fans and allow us to understand things better. These alternate timelines will hurt any detailed story development for the franchise as a whole. It worked for DC, and it can work for us.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I never understood the whole open world lust. Most LoZ titles don't seem to have it. GTA seems like a more reliable series for an open world.

To each their own, of course. I'm just not seeing where it came from.

I never understood the whole open world lust. Most LoZ titles don't seem to have it. GTA seems like a more reliable series for an open world.

To each their own, of course. I'm just not seeing where it came from.
Literally the first Zelda game, as well as the series' other most influential games like A Link to the Past. Series literally started off from open worlds and it's a natural fit for adventure games to begin with.

There's a lot of things I would like to see in a Zelda game...

-Involvement and expansion of the Dark Tribe and/or Demon Tribe
-Pitch-black areas and an increased focus on the Lantern
-I dunno if this counts as a gameplay mechanic or what, but a Zelda game that is a persistent MMO that allows you to play as the various races but aside from MMO additions, plays like a 3D Zelda game

...just to name a few.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The aging mechanic that failed to make it in Wind Waker. Seeing Link become older the longer the game is played seems pretty awesome, IMO, and I thought it could have been really cool. Now with better technology, I want some game in the future to use this mechanic.

Expansion on the world's lore.
More about the food of this world.
More types of swords as items. (It could be a gimmick for the game)
The evil knight villain I've mentioned wanting before.

Some sort of Crisis of Infinite Earths thing where all the timelines are combined into one through improbable circumstances, but in the end are left with one timeline that we can make sense of. This would make things much easier for us fans and allow us to understand things better. These alternate timelines will hurt any detailed story development for the franchise as a whole. It worked for DC, and it can work for us.
Funny, I've actually suggested this once before. My idea was that Termina is actually a sort of anti-matter world for Hyrule with an "Anti-Hylia" like the Anti-Monitor. Course, playing as three different Links would be confusing.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I agree with the open world idea. Just add a lot of Skyrim-light elements. Huge world, collectable items, realistic graphics

ZeldaDungeon

Dungeoneer
Having level-able skills and classes you could pick and choose from to.
Some how putting this into the game and making it useful would be awesome.

Axle the Beast said:
-Pitch-black areas and an increased focus on the Lantern

I'm not sure if you've gotten around to playing ALBW yet, Axle, but

the Dark Palace and a section of Lorule Castle do just that.

I'd like to see online multiplayer in future installments. Phantom Hourglass' online mode was one of my favorite things about the game. I became quite good at it trying to earning all the big plays. In fact, I thought it was funner than the main game.

People say that Zelda is predominately a single player adventure, and I definitely agree. But an online multiplayer mode could add more value and longevity, especially with longer waits between console games. The series could cater to cooperative and competitive crowds with coop through the main quest and a duel mode expanding on what Nintendo offered with ALBW's Shadow Links.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I would be hesitant of adding this because I have no idea how successful it would be, or if it would be able to fit in well enough, but I'm one of the many people (it seems) who would like to see a Zelda that shows an actual war in Hyrule. Whether it be a war we've heard of or some new one, it doesn't matter, but I don't want one for the story; I want one for strategy gameplay.

A war would be an opportunity to have the player direct troops in battle, either with a squad command system or with a more real-time strategy, over-head view system. With the Wii U Gamepad you could use both at the exact same time, with an map view on the touch screen that let's you move troops with your finger/stylus, and the buttons and sticks to control a soldier and give commands in the field.

I say this because I was a fan of the Battalion Wars games on GameCube and Wii, which merged third-person squad-based strategy with typical real-time strategy, and I think the Wii U would be the perfect home for its gameplay. Combining that with my desire to see a war in Hyrule is where this idea comes from. This is something I would be really excited to see in Zelda, even just as a one-off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom