• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If This Game Turns Out to Be Cell-shaded...

D

DekuLink

the wind waker blew everybodys socks off when it was released and people got a chance to play it, and about 90% of the people knew tey were wrong for prejdging the game.

And where did you get that statistic?

also remember the wind wakers first beta trailer which was cancelled, with non-cel-shaded graphics, they scrapped that for cel-shading so who says they wont do the same here.

That trailer was at the 2000 spaceworld event or something called that. TWW came out 3 years later in 2003. Let's say they were 1 year into development. It's a lot easier to change the style after 1 year of development and with 3 more years left, than to change after 4 years of development with a little less than a year left.

Use your head here.

And where did you get that statistic?

That trailer was at the 2000 spaceworld event or something called that. TWW came out 3 years later in 2003. Let's say they were 1 year into development. It's a lot easier to change the style after 1 year of development and with 3 more years left, than to change after 4 years of development with a little less than a year left.

Use your head here.

ok not 90% bt almost everyone that played the wind waker knew it was wrong to prejudge it and found that it was an amazing game.

im quite sure i read somewhere that this game has been in development for at least 2 years, also that picture isnt an ingame screenshot (i know it doesnt looked cartoony but still). anyway im quite sure it wont be cel-shaded, but you never know

THIS.

I don't want another darn game with Twilight Princess' style. At least not right now. I never really liked the style to begin with. It was too realistic, dark, disturbing, and un-stylized for Zelda.

I'd LOVE to see a new style, rather than a return to one of the older ones, and what Vincent suggests here sounds perfect.

There were something in the TP's style that I just didn't like, and even now I don't know for sure why. Maybe it is because it's too "dark", but MM was also kind of "dark".
But I agree with you that it was too realistic, not stylized, not quite a zelda-like style.

I wouldn't like to see a zelda game with WW graphics. I would like to see graphs made like in TP, but with a different artistic style, more stylized and not so dark as seen in TP, but with some dark parts just like in MM.
As you said, a brand-new graphic style.

ok not 90% bt almost everyone that played the wind waker knew it was wrong to prejudge it and found that it was an amazing game.

I suggest you stop speaking for other people. There's really nothing you can say or show that proves almost everyone who played it immediately repented and turned from their evil WW-hating ways.

im quite sure i read somewhere that this game has been in development for at least 2 years, also that picture isnt an ingame screenshot (i know it doesnt looked cartoony but still). anyway im quite sure it wont be cel-shaded, but you never know

Yeah, at least two years, and that's pretty improbable. TP was released in 2006, so I'd imagine development started in 2007. That would be four years, and I would guess that the concept art is a very solid representation of what we're going to get. There's no way to tell whether or not it will be cel-shaded, but I'm almost positive the cartoony style of WW will not be an option.

I suggest you stop speaking for other people. There's really nothing you can say or show that proves almost everyone who played it immediately repented and turned from their evil WW-hating ways.

Yeah, at least two years, and that's pretty improbable. TP was released in 2006, so I'd imagine development started in 2007. That would be four years, and I would guess that the concept art is a very solid representation of what we're going to get. There's no way to tell whether or not it will be cel-shaded, but I'm almost positive the cartoony style of WW will not be an option.

okay based on youtube comments and forum posts ive seen that almost anyone thats played the wind waker from the start till the end say they thought cel-shading would be crap but it was perfect and it made the game great. very rarely do i come across anyone thats played it all the way and says the cartoony style sucked otherwise its almost always someone who hasnt even tried the game out and just doesnt want to play it . thats where i get my figures from.

jeez, dont kill me

okay based on youtube comments and forum posts ive seen that almost anyone thats played the wind waker from the start till the end say they thought cel-shading would be crap but it was perfect and it made the game great. very rarely do i come across anyone thats played it all the way and says the cartoony style sucked otherwise its almost always someone who hasnt even tried the game out and just doesnt want to play it . thats where i get my figures from.

jeez, dont kill me

Oooooohhhhhh, Youtube comments and posts on Zelda fan-based forums. Yeah, that's totally legitimate for the rest of the world.

I'm not trying to kill you at all. You just shouldn't state statistics that have nothing to back them up.

D

DekuLink

Listen to Vergy. Also, Zelda Wii has definitely been in development long. They said in an Iwata Asks interview that was mostly about Spirit Tracks that they started development for Zelda Wii before TP was released. Now I'm sure that means, right before, but if it isn't, it can't be too long before because the fake rumors about Zelda Wii that were uncovered said that it started in February of '06, so that means it was some time in between there.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
After seeing the artwork, you can probably tel that the game is definitely not going to be Cell-Shaded. ALthough, if it were to be cell-shaded,, I think I might just fall off a cliff, because I would increasingly become very annoyed at how many Cell-shaded games were released last. Well, it's definitely not going to be Cell-shaded, and I'm glad.

Din Akera

Sniper
Wow, this discussion is much more heated than I thought it would be.

i would like to return to the TP What I'll call "realistic") style of graphics. I have only seen gameplay on WW and I know my bias comes from the fact that OoT and MM are on the top of my favorites list, but hear me out. I understand that both graphics (and please correct me if I'm wrong) have different formats of production or presentation. The Wii is suited for the newest, best, greatest, ect graphics since everyone wants HD in everything now. So, knowing that cel-shading is not as complex (?) as a realistic style graphics with ligthing and shadows, a 3D image, and such, that A cel-shaded game would be release for the system.

But I would like to have a realistic graphic style

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
All of my bets are on it being the same style as TP. That artwork that was leaked just looks way too much like TP's artwork.
I would really like them to use more cell-shading though. More-so than they did in TP. The only cell-shading in TP was with Midna's hair, the Twilight gates, and the glowey... blue/green stuff in the Twilight Realm. As I said in an earlier post, it would work out swimmingly if they had a style similar to Dragon Quest, or hell, even the DBZ games. The general public seems to like a more realistic style though, and we know how much Nintendo loves to please the general public over their loyal, longtime fans.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
So far, only Adult timeline games have been cel-shaded(WW, PH and ST), so , I don't think that this one will be.
ALso, look at the image they shown, even though it's just artwork, it has the same feeling of TP's artwork

So far, only Adult timeline games have been cel-shaded(WW, PH and ST), so , I don't think that this one will be.
ALso, look at the image they shown, even though it's just artwork, it has the same feeling of TP's artwork

I agree with Skull_Kid. But if it does happen to be cel-shaded, I wouldn't mind. I actually enjoyed the "toon" feeling about Wind Waker, and all those games.

Austin

Austin
I seem to be the only person dead-set against a return to WW-style graphics. I just don't understand what there is to like about it, other than the fact that it's different.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I'm not sure where but I heard a rumor that ZW is a sequal to TP. But keep this in mind. When did the last console game have cel-shaded graphics(except WW)? Why would ZW have cel-shaded? The only reason that they used cel-shaded graphics was so that they could make good games but not have the system crash. PH and ST had to fit the limits but I guess they didn't want to make 2D games. Don't get me wrong. I think cel-shaded is awesome but it would be nice to see tp graphics on another game even though I don't have a Wii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom