• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If This Game Turns Out to Be Cell-shaded...

I wouldn't mind if the game did turn out to be a Cell Shaded game, but I would be kinda disappointed. After hearing that the Wii Motion Plus will be used for the game, I thought of a 3D game right away. I just don't see a Cell Shaded game that uses the Wii Motion Plus for a sword fighting technique. This is used to make the game feel more realistic, but if it were another Cell Shade, it would feel like a cartoon. The experience with the Wii Motion Plus wouldn't feel the same if it was not for a 3D Zelda game. Another thing is the first picture that was released for ZW. It really looks to me as if the game will be 3D just from that picture. No guarantees, but I think it has a 95% chance of being a 3D game.

P

PHforever

I don't think that they should make it cell-shaded. Games like ST and WW were great, but cell-shaded graphics don't seem right for Zelda Wii. I think it's going to be realistic, and not cartoony like WW. I'm not saying that it will be dark like TP, but the artwork at E3 sure made it look like it. And I do recall Miyamoto or Aonuma saying something about cell-shading not returning for a while.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
While it is completely possible that they could reuse their older graphics, Ithink that would be a bit of a step backwards for the Wii, of course it might open up a very large area for us to explore, but I know that Nintendo wouldn't have shown that concept art without knowing what style of graphics the game would be in.

And if for some reason they did change their mind on the graphic style they would have retracted the picture, and since they didn't do that it's safe to assume that Nintendo is sticking to their original plan and making a more realistic Zelda with "Monster Hunter Tri graphics" It's their best bet at this point and I think they are going to do really well in this area.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
that would be.....hilarious. everyones all like 'oh look, link is man-like! oooooh so cool it will be like TP' and then just imagine if we get- Wind-Waker 2: the guitar of water or the drums of clouds or mabey even the pipes of wood or organ of healing

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I get the feeling that I'm the only person (or one of the few at least) who enjoyed the dark palette in TP... The realistic style was a plus, but I think the color and tone choice worked well with the plot and the atmosphere of the game. I believe it also made the medieval aspect more convincing and engaging. I guess that's a matter of preference, but I certainly don't think that it should be abandoned for this or future games.

Cel shading would be all fine and dandy, it works great in certain games, but I doubt Nintendo will take that route, and perhaps not for a while. With TP being a crossover between consoles, the graphics were limited. I'd be surprised if they didn't use this "Wii-exclusive" opportunity to showcase even more graphical intricacy by going even more realistic.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
While I don't think that the next game will be Cell shaded I wouldn't mind it... as long as we get to actually traverse the overworld. The graphic never really bothered me, oh sure when I fisrt saw them I was all like NOOooo.. but after playing WW and PH i've warmed right up to them, cept Link's hair is blonder than ever, but whatever. No, as long as they leave the ocean out I'll be good. How's about introducing Epona to the cell shade? I would like a DS game with Epona instead of a train (although trains are bad a**).

Either way I know I'm gunna love the next console Zelda <3

B

BigHeadLink

I really liked the style when it first came out in the wind waker, but they've been using it for the handheld games (i.e. MC, FS, FSA, PH, ST) since then. I think it should stay there, and I want this game to have a more realistic style. I the game does turn out to use the cartoonish cel-shaded graphics, I would be disappointed because they have been using to so much lately and I want a game with more realistic graphics at least every now and then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom