• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If They Ever Make A Legend Of Zelda Movie?

Should they make a Legend of Zelda movie?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I'm indifferent

• Only if they can do it right

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
What story, who should play Link, Zelda; Should it be for kids or more for adults? Should Link be a child or an adult? Tell me your opinions, I want to hear them. I don't have much to say on the matter, except that I am all for it IF they can do it right? Like how Peter Jackson did LOTR movies. However, I'm scared that it would be filled with annoying CGI, but I would love them to use Either the Ocarina of Time story using the adult ending, or Twilight Princess. I know most of you will be totally against this and that's fine but share your thoughts please.

Hm, I don't know who would be fit to play the roles.
I think it should be aimed towards teens/adults with intense scenes of combat and everything.
I think Link should be older.
I agree; it would be nice to use the Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess stories. Or they could make up a whole new story...but that would be risky...so, maybe not, haha.
& I've said this before and I'll say it again: I'm not against a movie as long as it's done well. No more Mario Bros movies please. Also, if they were to do one, the costuming needs to be right.

L

leavy101

I have always said that the two Nintendo franchises best suited for the silver screen are Zelda and Metroid. I think to do it right they would need to get Miyamoto and Aonuma onboard in some capacity. I think a new story might work best. I think Peter Jackson and Weta Workshop could pull it of (Weta did the design and effects for LoTR). I think Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth) would also be a good choice. It would certainly make for some interesting characters and enemies. both of them would be good choices to spearhead the film not just *** director and screenwriter but also as creative influences. other than that, For a purely screenwriting and directing standpoint i think if someone like Joss Whedon, J.J. Abrams (as long as they keep Spielberg out of it), Chris Nolan, or Zach Snyder (he may a bit to voilent and his movies tend to be hit or miss) would be fine choices.

They should get Studio Gibli to make an anime based on Wind Waker or Minish cap, that's my opinion at least

L

leavy101

both of them would be good choices to spearhead the film not just *** director and screenwriter but also as creative influences.

im not sure why there are stars are there but it should say 'as'

It would probibly go into the Pg# range but the actors would be hard to find because there would need to be voices even for link and if it isent the most perfect voice a bunch of people willl complain which will make a bad movie

P

Princess Link

They should have Robin Williams play the role of every single character.

As far as who should play the characters I would be thinking along the lines of voice actors as I think that any Zelda movie should be animated (not 3D or CGI, but actually drawn). For the story I think it should be the first game, A Link to the Past, Wind Waker, or Ocarina of Time ( the good ones with Ganon in them). Regardless of which game's story would be used, I think the most important thing is that it sticks very close to the original story (instead of adding characters and skipping over half the story like the freaking mangas) and has a heavy focus on action. I think the movie should be somewhat accessible for all ages, but shouldn't be alienating to older or younger viewers. You know, a good balance. And I guess Link's age depends on the game the movie is modelled after.

They should get Studio Gibli to make an anime based on Wind Waker or Minish cap, that's my opinion at least

Extreme agreement. Very much yes.

A

AlphaBenson

Link should definitely be an adult or a teenager. It could be difficult for children to carry a movie, especially if it's supposed to be action based.

As far as who should play the characters I would be thinking along the lines of voice actors as I think that any Zelda movie should be animated (not 3D or CGI, but actually drawn). For the story I think it should be the first game, A Link to the Past, Wind Waker, or Ocarina of Time ( the good ones with Ganon in them). Regardless of which game's story would be used, I think the most important thing is that it sticks very close to the original story (instead of adding characters and skipping over half the story like the freaking mangas) and has a heavy focus on action. I think the movie should be somewhat accessible for all ages, but shouldn't be alienating to older or younger viewers. You know, a good balance. And I guess Link's age depends on the game the movie is modelled after.

Extreme agreement. Very much yes.

No offense, but a movie that only featured Link transversing dungeons wouldn't be all that exciting.

I've said this a lot, and I'll say it again.

I think that the best way to have a Zelda movie or Zelda series that's both good, and doesn't make the fans rage would be like this:

First off, animated. I think if it were animated in Wind Waker art, that's be amazing. Some type of cel-shading I think would fit really well.

Secondly, relatively silent with the speaking. Link barely talks in Zelda, and when he does, it's short things like "C'mon." If the movie were done with sort of a dark tone like Samurai Jack, I think that would work really well with Zelda, Link being mostly silent, and perhaps other characters would talk a little bit, but not so much so as not to draw attention to Link's silence. In Samurai Jack, early in the series I don't think spoke much. It was just him on an adventure fighting evil. If there was this kind of silence, more focus could be given on the soundtrack, which I think is an extremely important element to Zelda.

Third: I think Majora's Mask would be the best story. Relatively speaking, it's pretty short, compared to other Zelda stories, so you wouldn't have to cut out a lot to make it 2 hours and it's not just a hero's tale, but it takes on more emotional themes like loneliness and forgiveness (with the skull kid).

If not Majora's Mask as the story, I think a story involving Link and Tetra would be good. Tetra is a really entertaining character with a good personality, that definitely puts a twist on the typical Princess Zelda that's calm and well-tempered.

Yes they should make a live action Legend of Zelda movie. At the moment I'm not really sure who should play Link, Zelda, or Ganon. I do know that Peter Jackson should direct and as much of the production (costumer design, models, cgi, etc) team as possible. They did a superb job of bringing the LOTR books to life. Not saying no one else could do it though as there is plenty of talen and visionaries out there. I really don't think it should be made based on an existing game, at least not entirely. It should be an original story perhaps with borrowed pieces from various games with Nintendo heavily involved in that process. Link should be an adult. Needs to be at least 2-3 movies so the story doesn't feel rushed and we can get some character development

OOT movie please, that's the best story in Zelda imo and would make an awesome movie. final battle. looking for all the gems, sheik being zelda shocking people who never played OOT, plot twists, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom