• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If there were more divine beasts...

I know the divine beasts weren't necessarily everyone's favourite, but just for fun, if BOTW 2 deals with some brand new divine beasts, what would be your ideas?

Some of mine:

Vah Rasia - A giant gorilla. Named after Saria, in a Jungle region. Piloted by a Kokiri. Plant element. A giant corrupted gorilla ravaging through the jungle causing chaos would be cool.

Vah Karmak - A giant mole. Named after the Korok sage Makar (as the divine beasts are named after Sages). Piloted by a Mogma. Earth element. Constantly digging causing chaos. Once boarded, you can control how far it digs into the earth, thus changing it's positioning.

Vah Apmi - A giant bat. Named after Impa (Impa spelt backwards). Piloted by either a Sheikah, or maybe even a Stallchild or Poe. Shadow element.

Vah Ruaru - A giant wolf. Named after Rauru. Piloted by maybe a deku scrub (as they're an iconic race), or maybe the ice race from PH/ST. Ice element. Howls on a frozen mountain-top, maybe even has references to Wolf Link.

A snake could also be cool, in which you can control it's positioning by making it curl up. I'd also like a Giraffe, though that may be too similar to the Camel.

Just some ideas. I know some of the races of the pilots don't match some of the sages they're named after, but just a fun activity.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Vah Cucoo - Piloted by a Hylian girl named Linkle.

It is a chicken Divine Beast.

And the Power you unlock when clearing the dungeon is the ability to summon a Cucoo Swarm to assault your enemies.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I've thought of this before, and while it would be cool to think up more concepts, I wouldn't want them to actually be added because then it would devalue the original Divine Beasts.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Based on the old tp "a Champion will appear in the form of a divine beast", I thought of possibly a wolf based divine beast, Vah Ordona. Operated by a member of the twili, it was magically transported to the twilight realm. It acts to protect the twili in the event that Hyrule should ever fall to Calamity Ganon, and as a fulfillment of the Hylian's promise not to forget the realm in its shadow. It's faster than the other divine beast, capable of basic melee attacks. Other attacks are a mixture of technological and dark magic abilities.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I wouldn't mind having more as long as they didn't devalue the current ones and also give us some more traditional dungeons this time cuz I really missed that in BOTW.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I like the idea of one of the Divine Beasts actively being destroyed while you're inside it. I mean that in the sense that the destruction happens in slow motion, gradually changing the layout of the dungeon over time, before eventually being reset due to some outside time loop. Progressing through it could mean resetting the dungeon to an earlier state to utilize something you've unlocked.

Last edited:

Revali_is_Best

Return of Revali
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you there. The Divine Beasts were, yes, not as impressive as some other dungeons (ie Dragon Roost Island, Ancient Cistern), but it's not every day you get to go inside a giant robot creature

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Not to take away from a good discussion but would having more divine beasts cheapen the five divine beasts we already had? It seems like the divine beasts had their own very specific purposes and even the DLC divine beast felt a little out of place due to that. Maybe if they weren't divine beasts but basically the same thing while not encroaching on the purpose of BotW's divine beasts?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I like the idea of one of the Divine Beasts actively being destroyed while you're inside it. I mean that in the sense that the destruction happens in slow motion, gradually changing the layout of the dungeon over time, before eventually being reset due to some outside time loop. Progressing through it could mean resetting the dungeon to an earlier state to utilize something you've unlocked.
Like a time looped beast??

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Not to take away from a good discussion but would having more divine beasts cheapen the five divine beasts we already had? It seems like the divine beasts had their own very specific purposes and even the DLC divine beast felt a little out of place due to that. Maybe if they weren't divine beasts but basically the same thing while not encroaching on the purpose of BotW's divine beasts?
The original divine beasts already felt cheap at more than one. They were too similar, with their main mechanics not doing enough to actually make the gameplay stand out. Personally I felt like elephant was the best but it was my first so I can't tell if the novelty (which botw is big on) is responsible for that

I think more is just an opportunity to do better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom