• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If there was an original 3ds zelda using the N64 remaster's engine...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I remember back when Aonuma or someone said that zelda has unfinished business on the 3ds after Link b/w Worlds, I really thought that meant we'd get another 3d proper zelda game for the 3ds in the same vein as the N64 remasters. Of course we got mother flippin tri for heroes instead and at this point, you can bet your behind the 3ds is about finished so that idea is a bust. But imagine for a moment that we did get a new zelda in that same kind of style for the 3ds, how would you picture that game being like?
What I was hoping for was a game that continues off Majora's Mask w/ that same Link, bridging the gap b/w Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. He'd be a bit older, maybe even similar age to his adult self from Ocarina, and I'd hope they'd do stuff to tie into TP like featuring the Ordona region and having Link be able to use those hidden moves he would eventually pass on to his descendant. I had no real ideas for story but that's at least what I would have wanted out of a 3ds zelda that takes after the N64 remasters, by having it go all the way and be a sequel to those games.

It is one of Nintendo's greatest missed opportunities that the 3DS didn't get an original 3D Zelda. What an absolute travesty that it didn't...

I can only imagine what that game would have been like... and imagine I have!

VALLEY OF THE FLOOD, BABY!!

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
What a missed opportunity.

ALBW is one of my favorite Zelda games and I definitely wouldn't trade it off, but it seems a shame to spend all that work making a new engine for OoT/MM and then never using it.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Yes, it's a shame that the 3DS never got a full game that was an original idea. I still consider ALBW as an almost remake since it was going to be a remake till they had 1 new idea that lead to a few more ideas.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
TBH I didn’t really see the series going anywhere else on the 3DS. LBW and TFH didn’t really end with a sequel in mind, and the other 2 games were remakes of n64 titles, so I don’t think there would be another direct sequel there. One thing is for sure: if they ever did make a fifth 3DS Zelda it would be just as glitchy and poorly made as the other four.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It is one of Nintendo's greatest missed opportunities that the 3DS didn't get an original 3D Zelda. What an absolute travesty that it didn't...
I have to agree. As a matter of fact, they had dome basis to potentially set up an awesome interquel between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess with those carvings on the wall of Hyrule Castle Town.

6b0b9deac5588170932c88841084ca1d50863b18r1-1069-240v2_hq.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom