• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If the Next Game Were to Be Based Off Another Horsemen...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
*I couldn't find a similar thread like this, so I apologize if there is one*

Which one would you like to see appear next? The only candidates that are up for grabs are really Fury and Strife.

For me, I would go with Strife. We've heard of him more than we have with Fury. His two pistols have been in the hands of the other two Horsemen, so I feel that he's bound to appear sooner or later. As far as Fury goes, she's still a mystery to just about everyone. I see the next game being more based around Strife rather than Fury.

What about you? Which Horsemen do you think will be the next primary protagonist?

Kirino

Tatakae
I would actually like Fury to be in the next game. I don't see how two pistols would work as a fighting style with Strife. Also, it would be great to have a female lead. It would be interesting, and different from playing as Death and War. Not to mention all the combat possibillities with Fury. Imagine all the ways her whip could be used, and her claws. It could be fantastic. Also, Fury just seems more interesting to me.

Din Akera

Sniper
Which one would you like to see appear next? The only candidates that are up for grabs are really Fury and Strife.

This must be a different interpretation than the one I know. My understanding of the four horsemen was Conquest (sometimes referred to as pestilence), War, Famine, and Death. So I'm interested to know if Fury and Strife are from a different interpretation or lore or...what?

But on a side from that. I would think Conquest would make a better game than famine, just by shear title lol. I should preface this with the fact that I have not yet finished Darksiders and not started Darksiders 2 yet. But, I was about to comment that it has not become apparent to me is 'War' the horsemen is directly related to the overarching themes of the game. Other than the obvious one with the breaking up of the war of the hellgaurd and demons. So, I can't overly predict Death's themes. But his name is fairly self explanatory.

As too two the choices you have listed. I would choose Fury over Strife for fundamental themes of a game. However, I think it would be very possible to create a game based on both.

This must be a different interpretation than the one I know. My understanding of the four horsemen was Conquest (sometimes referred to as pestilence), War, Famine, and Death. So I'm interested to know if Fury and Strife are from a different interpretation or lore or...what?

But on a side from that. I would think Conquest would make a better game than famine, just by shear title lol. I should preface this with the fact that I have not yet finished Darksiders and not started Darksiders 2 yet. But, I was about to comment that it has not become apparent to me is 'War' the horsemen is directly related to the overarching themes of the game. Other than the obvious one with the breaking up of the war of the hellgaurd and demons. So, I can't overly predict Death's themes. But his name is fairly self explanatory.

As too two the choices you have listed. I would choose Fury over Strife for fundamental themes of a game. However, I think it would be very possible to create a game based on both.
Fury and Strife are the other two Horsemen within the Darksiders universe, though they've yet to be shown within a game. No, they don't really follow the traditional Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse lineup, which is one of my frustrations with the series.

Your interpretation of War being not only the protagonist but the running theme of the game is very interesting, and not something I'd considered before. Darksiders II, as I understand it, deals a lot with something called the "corruption", along with a very, very old being, the extinction of the Nephilim (the race that the Horsemen belong to), and the potential revival of the human race, so there are many themes that tie in quite nicely to death. This is a really interesting perspective to look at it from.

To answer the thread's main question more directly, I want to see Fury in the next game, and Strife in the fourth. My reasons are thus:

Fury would offer the most immediate variety. She is a female protagonist, making her different from War and Death, and her weapon (a whip and claws) sounds like it would differ the most from the series' gameplay as we've seen it so far. I think this would be the next logical step for the series before Strife, who primarily fights with guns, which we've used in both Darksiders and Darksiders II. I like the idea of having some increased variety for the third game to take a break from the gun concept. Perhaps if Fury needs a ranged weapon, she could have a bow, or just straight up magic, like fire blasts to match her fire whip?

I also think Strife works best last because we know more about him. Hell, we've blatantly used Strife's guns. Why are his guns scattered around? What actually happened to him? Fury makes a better immediate protagonist to me, because we don't know her story. It can be whatever. Strife's story, because of mentions of him, is basically destined to be climactic to a greater or lesser degree, and at the very least be built around answering a previously-established question or two. It feels like Strife was already involved in some conflict, and something happened to him that we haven't discovered yet. I think this fits better for the last Horsemen shown.

Finally, going with Din's observations, I think that Fury works better as the next core theme. The Horsemen are tight-knit, right? And War said himself that the Horsemen would fight alongside him.

So Fury, for the next game, works, as the truth comes to light and there is fury at what the Charred Council and the forces of hell have done.

Finally, the series ends of with strife as the entire conflict set up throughout the series breaks out and then comes to a close.

Also, Fury is way hot. I should have said this first because it's reason enough:

250px-Fury-Concept-Art.jpg

Last edited:

Din Akera

Sniper
Fury and Strife are the other two Horsemen within the Darksiders universe, though they've yet to be shown within a game. No, they don't really follow the traditional Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse lineup, which is one of my frustrations with the series.

Obviously I have not played far enough to have learned this yet. Now I understand my confusion. I find it very interesting as to why the series would change the traditional Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse line. I'll have to think about that after I learn more about Fury and Strifle.

Fury would offer the most immediate variety. She is a female protagonist, making her different from War and Death, and her weapon (a whip and claws) sounds like it would differ the most from the series' gameplay as we've seen it so far.

Perhaps if Fury needs a ranged weapon, she could have a bow, or just straight up magic, like fire blasts to match her fire whip?

I think this goes with out saying for those of you who know me but, SIGN ME UP!!!

Also, I might use this image in the future. XD

ON a more serious note. I'm glad to hear there was interest in my ideas about the concepts of the horsemen being the central themes of the games. As I said before I need to play more and understand the plot better to grasp all of this. But I hope it will all come to light. I think that it would be quite appropriate and very strong from a literary standpoint for these things to line up. I think it makes for a more powerful game. Some people don't like having depth in story, concept and theme in a video game. But seeing as this is a site for games that typically have a lot of depth we probably don't have to worry about that here. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom