• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Super Mario 3D World Doesnt Boost Wii Us Sales, is It in Grave Danger?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Mercedes said:
So this just in, 3D World's debut in Japan had it shift 107k copies. Which is a respectable number, of course, but it also makes 3D World the lowest ever debut of any 3D Mario game.
The sales directly correlate to sales the console itself. The Wii U isn't doing the best, sales wise, and it's showing by the statistics that you provided. However, you're using that evidence out of context. Raw statistics are very ambiguous. You have to analyse other factors too.

The Mario Galaxy games sold well because they were on an extremely successful console that was selling really, really well. The Wii U is still growing and it hasn't reached Christmas yet as this is where the main sales for the console will come in as with any other. No one expected one game to turn around sales exponentially not to mention within seven days. It's naive to think that one game can achieve this.

---

I'm not sure why people constantly put the Wii U down. The joke is getting worn out now and what's ironic about it is that Nintendo completely obliterates both the PS4 and Xbox One with their games. The Wii U will eventually kick off; it is now looking the strongest console in terms of games. This is obviously due to the he fact that it's been out a year longer; however, the Xbox One and PS4 have literally no games rhat got "great" reviews. In fact, more got average scores than good. If we're looking at quality, at the moment, the Wii U is winning.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The sales directly correlate to sales the console itself. The Wii U isn't doing the best, sales wise, and it's showing by the statistics that you provided. However, you're using that evidence out of context. Raw statistics are very ambiguous. You have to analyse other factors too.

I think it's you who's taking what I said out of context... I simply posted the facts and that's it. I then went on to say pretty much exactly what you then went on the say, that this reflects the low install base of the Wii U itself and not the game itself being bad. :P So I did put in some context, just not in the bit you quoted.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think it's you who's taking what I said out of context... I simply posted the facts and that's it. I then went on to say pretty much exactly what you then went on the say, that this reflects the low install base of the Wii U itself and not the game itself being bad. :P So I did put in some context, just not in the bit you quoted.
I don't get why you posted it then as you seemed to intend to put the Wii U down by doing so...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't get why you posted it then as you seemed to intend to put the Wii U down by doing so...

So anyone who posts anything faintly negative about the Wii U is just trying to put it down by posting it??

Just because news is bad doesn't mean me posting it means I'm trying to put the Wii U down, I'm really not that petty, especially when I defended the news and put some context to it literally in the exact same post I posted it in. :P I just posted news, that's all, and thought it was relevant to the thread. But I never said "lol wii u is doomed" or anything like that.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So anyone who posts anything faintly negative about the Wii U is just trying to put it down by posting it??

Just because news is bad doesn't mean me posting it means I'm trying to put the Wii U down, I'm not that petty, especially when I defended the news and put some context to it literally in the exact same post I posted it in. :P I just posted news I thought was interesting, that's all. And I thought it was pretty relevant to this thread, too.
No that's not what I was saying.

I re-read your replies after and saw that you acknowledged that the sales directly relate to the Wii U's current success. However, the tone of your post, picture included, seemed to give off a very negative vibe about your stance on the Wii U as if you were biased against it. I don't think the Wii U is perfect by any means but when I see fit to defend it I'll do just that. I may have misinterpreted your post slightly, but sorry that's just the way it came across.

Meh maybe it's just me, but I just don't like negativity.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Meh maybe it's just me, but I just don't like negativity.

Then that's fine cos I wasn't being negative, I just think your being overly-defensive. All I did was post some relevant news, I actually defended it, and then posted a joke picture from GAF. I think people need to lighten up a bit, it's just a game console...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Then that's fine cos I wasn't being negative, I just think your being overly-defensive. All I did was post some relevant news, I actually defended it, and then posted a joke picture from GAF. I think people need to lighten up a bit, it's just a game console...
Hmm

I don't think no one is really being "overly defensive". It's a discussion for discussion's sake and I'm simply discussing within the realm of the topic at hand here. I'm sorry if I did misinterpret your post, but it just seemed slightly negative to me. I'm sure you've defended the Xbox One on multiple occasions yourself. So you see where I'm coming from maybe?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm not sure why people constantly put the Wii U down. The joke is getting worn out now and what's ironic about it is that Nintendo completely obliterates both the PS4 and Xbox One with their games. The Wii U will eventually kick off; it is now looking the strongest console in terms of games. This is obviously due to the he fact that it's been out a year longer; however, the Xbox One and PS4 have literally no games rhat got "great" reviews. In fact, more got average scores than good. If we're looking at quality, at the moment, the Wii U is winning.

This coming from a guy who frequently crapped on the Wii U prior to the PS4 and Xbox One's launches. Can someone say "eating crow?" :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, the Wii U ALSO has, by far, the most exclusives coming to it next year, and they all look ****ing fantastic. Super Smash Bros. should really get sales going. It helped save the GameCube, so it should definitely help save the Wii U.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This coming from a guy who frequently crapped on the Wii U prior to the PS4 and Xbox One's launches. Can someone say "eating crow?" :rolleyes:
I have to admit I did let some premature naivety get the better of me. However, all my negatives about the console still stand from owning one personally. Although, I see it as the strongest now since the very sub par start from the Xbox One and PS4 -- which were actually much worse than the Wii U what with the lack of "quality" games and plethora of hardware problems.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I'm still very negative towards the WII U, but I still kinda want one.

Actually if I have enough money I will pick one up with that that NSMB +NSL U bundle. Cause as much as I want the windwaker one for the controller it comes with, I also have played the wind waker....

I can still be very pessimistic about the console in general. Its in a bad spot, and the foreseeable future isn't going to be as promising as it needs to be for the console.

So this just in, 3D World's debut in Japan had it shift 107k copies. Which is a respectable number, of course, but it also makes 3D World the lowest ever debut of any 3D Mario game. Which isn't the best start. Wii U sales went up because of it's launch, but haven't really rocketed either.

The main thing is is that the Wii U has made some progress. Regardless of how weak it's debut was at least Super Mario 3D World has increased Wii U sales and of course it shows that Super Mario 3D World is selling a a good pace. Plus with Super Mario 3D World launching in Europe Tomorrow, the progress from there will further improve the Wii U's status along with America's contribution.

The Wii U is doing nicely at the moment. You know what they say: "Slow and Steady Wins the Race".

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I have to admit I did let some premature naivety get the better of me. However, all my negatives about the console still stand from owning one personally. Although, I see it as the strongest now since the very sub par start from the Xbox One and PS4 -- which were actually much worse than the Wii U what with the lack of "quality" games and plethora of hardware problems.

Oh, I know, I was just giving you ****. :P

You know what they say: "Slow and Steady Wins the Race".

Tell that to the GameCube.

History tends to repeat itself.

Given the current situation with the Wii U, I find that unlikely this time. The Wii U is still in it's early stages which means Nintendo still has plenty of time to turn the tides. People kept saying the same things when the Wii reached it's 1st Anniversary, look where it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom