• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Super Mario 3D World Doesnt Boost Wii Us Sales, is It in Grave Danger?

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
Let's say that when SM3DW comes out it only boosts Wii U for a month. The following month it is back at selling 6k in Japan and low everywhere else. Then PS4 and XB1 come out and are selling amazing. Do you think THEN Wii U could be another Virtual Boy and have an extremely short life? Sure Smash will boost it, but we could still have a year until it is launched... And Nintendo seriously doesn't have that long to wait. What are your thoughts:)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes. I doubt SM3DWorld will do anything for Wii U sales, considering PS4 and X1 release like a week or two before 3DWorld does. We know PS4 and X1 have ridiculously high pre orders, enough to stamp out the U once and for all (most likely?). So, if SM3DWorld does nothing for Wii U and Nintendo has no other options under their sleeves...well let's just say we'll be needing ZeldaU a lot sooner. ;)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Probably not? This is going to be a ridiculously long console cycle, and we've already seen a floundering console pull itself out of danger this past generation (the PS3) in a cycle that was shorter than what we're going to be seeing this time around.

But, really, I highly doubt 3D World won't boost Wii U sales. I mean, Wii Party U has done that. Freaking Wii Party U. No way Nintendo's mascot won't. It happened with the 3DS, and it'll happen with the Wii U. ...Not to mention there's a crapload of other exclusives coming to the system in 2014.

Last edited:

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
I agree. I think also Smash will come out much sooner. That is like Nintendo's trump card. Now if Smash did nothing... Wii U is over. Plain and simple. The only other thing I could see selling as good as Smash would be a Pokemon game that was in the same fashion as the handhelds.

Considering we're talking about one of the major moneymaking franchises here, I do see 3D World sell tons of copies when it launches. Unless things have changed, that is.

Salem

SICK
Super Mario 3D World will boost the Wii U's sales, it is the new Mario game.

The only thing they need is a good marketing campaign.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I doubt that the WiiU would be in danger because this game didn't sell mostly because of what the Wind Waker HD did for it. In England alone, WiiU sales skyrocketed to over 600%, so the WiiU isn't dependent on SM3DW's sales alone.

Super Mario 3D Land will definitely boots Wii U sales, however, this increase will be paltry compared to the impressive numbers the PS4 and Xbox One will produce this year at launch. But once the dust has settled and the dry post launch months between November and E3 strike, the Wii U will be in a better position than either the PS4 or Xbox One because it's had more than a year to grow its library already. Plus, Wii U sales won't dip for long after the holiday season because Mario Kart 8 is on the horizon.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I kinda doubt it'll boost sails that much...if NSMBU didn't do it, I don't know what will.

Salem

SICK
Comparing a casual, mostly rehashed Mario title to a full-scale 3D, core Mario title. Yeah, that's fair.
Well the last NSMB on the Wii outsold the Mario Galaxy games, so he kinda has a point but we'll just have to wait and see this November.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom